Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-04-11, 23:59)Northernpowerhouse Wrote: [ -> ]I came here expecting to see that the recent changes explained why I'm not getting HD streams (max 540p). I've tried both akamai and both cloudfront streams, same resolution each time according to kodi. I see talk of using adaptive stream instead of HLS, but I can't see a relevant option in the iplayer addon settings, any help?

I've fixed it, i knew I was missing something and I was, I found the manual stream selection in inputstream.adaptive settings and now I can select the 720p stream. Any idea why it doesn't select it automatically despite the inputstream.adaptive plug in being set to provide the highest resolution?
(2021-04-12, 00:07)Northernpowerhouse Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-11, 23:59)Northernpowerhouse Wrote: [ -> ]I came here expecting to see that the recent changes explained why I'm not getting HD streams (max 540p). I've tried both akamai and both cloudfront streams, same resolution each time according to kodi. I see talk of using adaptive stream instead of HLS, but I can't see a relevant option in the iplayer addon settings, any help?

I've fixed it, i knew I was missing something and I was, I found the manual stream selection in inputstream.adaptive settings and now I can select the 720p stream. Any idea why it doesn't select it automatically despite the inputstream.adaptive plug in being set to provide the highest resolution?

It should automatically select it, but it takes some time. IA selects the stream bitrate based on the achieved performance (buffer fill level etc.) during previous playbacks. I don’t know how long it takes, but if your connection is fast enough it will switch to HD automatically at some point in time.
(2021-04-11, 23:19)deepeeme Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone else noticed disappearance of Limelight streams?
When using the manual stream selection option in the iPlayer addon, I can see only Akamai and Cloudfront streams on live tv and Akamai, Cloudfront and Bidi on catchup.

I also noticed this lately. The streams have indeed disappeared, it is not just the add-on not seeing them. At least that was the case, when I checked the mediaselector response.
(2021-04-11, 23:19)deepeeme Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-11, 21:06)YeahWhatever Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-09, 17:09)rocko Wrote: [ -> ]I'm in US
How are you paying for your TV licence?

https://www.gov.uk/tv-licence
Perhaps the OP is just proudly stating that they're in a relationship?
Anyway, enough silliness.

I don't think it's silly to expect people to pay for what they consume. Anything else is piracy, and I think we know the Kodi team's views on that.
@CaptainT  and @DarrenHill,  I'm posting about the radio streams using version 3.0.50 using Kodi 18.9 (Coreelec but that doesn't matter). I think you'll find that with Dash streams and inputstream adaptive enabled the radio streams don't play. Change back to HLS and they do but then there's only SD video. I don't think that's what was intended.

Sorry for taking so long to report it but it has taken me a while to figure it out. My android phone running 18.9 does the same thing. I hope it's an easy fix Captain.
Which version of IA is that CoreElec box running? Has it updated to the newer version recently released ?

Similarly for the phone, as Android is a bit of a different beast for binary addons compared to the others. There was some work done recently on Android to try and ensure that it's easier to get the latest versions of those out, so it's worth checking what you're currently running.
(2021-04-16, 17:32)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]Which version of IA is that CoreElec box running? Has it updated to the newer version recently released ?

Similarly for the phone, as Android is a bit of a different beast for binary addons compared to the others. There was some work done recently on Android to try and ensure that it's easier to get the latest versions of those out, so it's worth checking what you're currently running.

CoreELEC updated to 2.4.7.1 recently. I have just updated my phone to 2.4.7 and it's still the same.
(2021-04-16, 19:50)sonofdibnah Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-16, 17:32)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]Which version of IA is that CoreElec box running? Has it updated to the newer version recently released ?

CoreELEC updated to 2.4.7.1 recently. I have just updated my phone to 2.4.7 and it's still the same.

@DarrenHill asked about Inputstream Adaptive, not CoreElec. The logic behind this question is this: there was an issue in Inputstream Adaptive that caused DASH live streams (TV and Radio) to fail. This has been fixed very recently, but it is quite possible that the fixes have not made it to CoreElec yet.
(2021-04-16, 21:13)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-16, 19:50)sonofdibnah Wrote: [ -> ]

@DarrenHill asked about Inputstream Adaptive, not CoreElec. The logic behind this question is this: there was an issue in Inputstream Adaptive that caused DASH live streams (TV and Radio) to fail. This has been fixed very recently, but it is quite possible that the fixes have not made it to CoreElec yet.

Sorry, I did not make myself clear. My answer was with the Inputstream Adaptive version numbers for Coreelec and Kodi on my phone.
2.4.7 is the current latest version of IA on Android (at least for Leia). No idea about CoreElec, but 2.4.7.1 sounds sensible to be based on the other Leia versions.

So it shouldn't be the IA version itself that's the problem, although it may be settings perhaps or something like that. That's more @CaptainT 's area of expertise than mine, but it's all I can think of if those streams should be operational.
Could I ask if you had dash streams set and Inputstream adaptive enabled when you tested the radio streams? If not, could you give it a try. I don't think it's just a problem for me.

No need to do it tonight😁. (there should be a smiling emoticon here). Thanks for your help with this.
On my Android tablet, with IA enabled I can see Akamai and Cloudfront streams available at various different rates. Both of those play fine.

I'm not seeing dash streams, but I'm not so experienced on how to select specific versions so I might be missing something here. I just disabled "play streams automatically using these settings" in the iPlayer-WWW config to get the above choices. Is there something else to test, or does that answer your question?
In the add-on settings, Streams section have you set, in the Video section, the stream protocol to Dash? (the default is HLS I think). It is this setting ,which you'd expect only to control video, that's stopping the radio streams from playing.
In CDN sources I only have options for Akamai, Limelight, Cloudfront or Bidi (plus Any)?

Nothing about Dash or HLS?

That's same for video Catchup CDN source, Live CDN source and radio CDN source.

And if I turn off the play streams automatically using these settings option, for live playback of both video and radio, I get options for akamai and cloudfront (both of which play back fine).
I'm not talking about CDN sources. On the Streams section in the add-on settings, immediately under where it says VIDEO SETTINGS, there is a setting 'Stream protocol'. What is that set to?