Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-07-26, 20:12)basjke Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-26, 20:09)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-26, 19:48)basjke Wrote: [ -> ]The latest fork I tried is the EBMC fork which is based on Mygica 17.1, and shows in the system info as Kodi 17.1

Can you point me where to look if the correct libraries are present or not, and what to look for?

As a start if you don't see the addon in the Kodi settings it probably isn't there.
System->Add-ons->My Add-ons->VideoPlayer.InputStream -> InputStream Adaptive

There are two places where the addons live. The ones installed with Kodi and the additional user ones.
inputstream and rtmp should be in the Kodi system addons folder.
On Windows it is
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\library.kodi.inputstream\libKODI_inputstream.dll
On Android it is somewhere in /data. I've been trying to find it on my phone but I can't right now.
You need root access and a good file manager. I wiped my system the other day as I got some random adverts that I couldn't get rid of. ES File Manger might have been the culprit so I'm not going to install that again.

Ok I found where to find them.

In Kodi 17.3 they are there but in the EBMC both inputstream adaptive and RTMP are missing.

Is it as easy as copy and paste them from the Kodi 17.3 assets/addons to EBMC assets/addons , or is that a bit too simplistic?

You can try but it all depends on the binary dependencies of the addons. They might need a specific version of Kodi and some other libraries.
(2017-07-26, 20:18)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-26, 20:12)basjke Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-26, 20:09)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]As a start if you don't see the addon in the Kodi settings it probably isn't there.
System->Add-ons->My Add-ons->VideoPlayer.InputStream -> InputStream Adaptive

There are two places where the addons live. The ones installed with Kodi and the additional user ones.
inputstream and rtmp should be in the Kodi system addons folder.
On Windows it is
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\library.kodi.inputstream\libKODI_inputstream.dll
On Android it is somewhere in /data. I've been trying to find it on my phone but I can't right now.
You need root access and a good file manager. I wiped my system the other day as I got some random adverts that I couldn't get rid of. ES File Manger might have been the culprit so I'm not going to install that again.

Ok I found where to find them.

In Kodi 17.3 they are there but in the EBMC both inputstream adaptive and RTMP are missing.

Is it as easy as copy and paste them from the Kodi 17.3 assets/addons to EBMC assets/addons , or is that a bit too simplistic?

You can try but it all depends on the binary dependencies of the addons. They might need a specific version of Kodi and some other libraries.

Tried and no settings visible in the addons menu. Any suggestions on how to test if they are enabled?
(2017-07-26, 20:08)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-26, 19:18)basjke Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys, hope this is not considered off topic.

To use BBC Iplayer one needs to have inputstream adaptive and RTMP enabled.

In Kodi 17.0 there is no RTMP setting. I have found many addons which are supposed to add RTMP setting to Kodi, but all fail to install.

Is there a way to get both this setting visible and/or enabled in Kodi 17.0 for Android?

You do not need RTMP for this add-on. RTMP is not used at all, only DASH (through InputStream Adaptive) or HLS (through the standard video player).

Thanks for the reply.

Do you have any suggestions how I could install those in a version that doesn't have them by default?
(2017-07-26, 20:24)basjke Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-26, 20:18)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-26, 20:12)basjke Wrote: [ -> ]Ok I found where to find them.

Tried and no settings visible in the addons menu. Any suggestions on how to test if they are enabled?

It might be something to do with this version in the addon.xml file
Code:
<import addon="kodi.inputstream" version="1.0.6"/>
Kodi addons usually use the trick of depending on a minimum version of a certain library to be installable of a certain version of Kodi.
http://kodi.wiki/view/addon.xml#Dependency_versions
Maybe try just putting this to ignore the version.
Code:
<import addon="kodi.inputstream" />
(2017-07-26, 20:35)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-26, 20:24)basjke Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-26, 20:18)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]You can try but it all depends on the binary dependencies of the addons. They might need a specific version of Kodi and some other libraries.

Code:
Kodi addons usually use the trick of depending on a minimum version of a certain library to be installable of a certain version of Kodi.
Code:

I just notice now, I can't paste them in the right location

I have copied the files and go to data/app/mygica/base.apk I select view then go to assets/addons and paste both files.

but instead they get pasted in data/app/mygica

I use the lates version of paid root explorer
If you use the mygica version you'd better ask them why it's not working as they do things we don't support and have no clue what they compile
(2017-07-26, 21:07)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]If you use the mygica version you'd better ask them why it's not working as they do things we don't support and have no clue what they compile

Apologies for that, and I get your point, but do you have a suggestion for another Kodi 17 fork for Android 4.4 which can be discussed here?
It can be discussed but just stating the obvious and there's no other fork out there for 4.4 that we really care about as we do not know what they do. If they screw up the inputstream then it's not our problem
(2017-07-26, 20:47)basjke Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-26, 20:35)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-26, 20:24)basjke Wrote: [ -> ]Tried and no settings visible in the addons menu. Any suggestions on how to test if they are enabled?

Code:
Code:

I have copied the files and go to data/app/mygica/base.apk I select view then go to assets/addons and paste both files.

I can't work out where everything is on your system but the apk is the installer package like a zip file in Windows.
It shouldn't go there.

I'm quite interested too because I still have a couple of Android 4.4 boxes in use that I can't afford to upgrade.
Times are tough, which is why I use Kodi. Wink

You don't really need inputstream.adaptive for iPlayer WWW.
I did a test a few pages back and the HLS streams use the exact same stream source as the DASH streams.
So you are not missing out apart from the ability to start the streams a bit quicker.
Understood, and I discovered in the mean time that the Mygica 17.1 has inputstream adaptive enabled, while EBMC which is based on the same Mygica 17.1, doesn't have the addon.

What I still try to figure out is the importance of RTMP, which I mistakenly assumed was needed for the BBC Iplayer.
(2017-07-26, 21:20)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-26, 20:47)basjke Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-26, 20:35)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]It might be something to do with this version in the addon.xml file
Code:
Code:

I can't work out where everything is on your system but the apk is the installer package like a zip file in Windows.
It shouldn't go there.

I'm quite interested too because I still have a couple of Android 4.4 boxes in use that I can't afford to upgrade.

I did a test a few pages back and the HLS streams use the exact same stream source as the DASH streams.
So you are not missing out apart from the ability to start the streams a bit quicker.

I found where the APK is installed on my system, and now found as you can see from my latest post, that Mygica 17.1 has the inputstream adaptive addon installed.

Is rtmp of any importance other than a few select applications that use this format?
(2017-07-26, 21:27)basjke Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-26, 21:20)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-26, 20:47)basjke Wrote: [ -> ]I just notice now, I can't paste them in the right location

It shouldn't go there.

I found where the APK is installed on my system, and now found as you can see from my latest post, that Mygica 17.1 has the inputstream adaptive addon installed.

Is rtmp of any importance other than a few select applications that use this format?

Probably not. rtmp is not needed for iPlayer WWW or Youtube any more.
Thanks, so i guess the Mygica 17.1 will be sufficient for my needs then. Now i only need to figure out why the inputstream adaptive addon is installed, but not visible in the addons menu. :-)
(2017-07-26, 21:33)basjke Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, so i guess the Mygica 17.1 will be sufficient for my needs then. Now i only need to figure out why the inputstream adaptive addon is installed, but not visible in the addons menu. :-)

If you are stuck with an Android 4.4 box I would recommend putting LibreELEC on it if you can find a build for your box and just want to use Kodi.
I have been playing around trying to import the inputstreams adaptive addon and library file in the Mygica 17.1 APK, but then the APK failed to install.

In Mygica 17.0 however inputstream adaptive addon and library are present in the APK file, and the inputstream adaptive setting is also visible in "my addons".

So it seems that Mygica 17.0 will suit my needs.