Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2023-02-13, 04:04)shaktoo Wrote: [ -> ]yep No Logos
I'll get a screen shot and share
How I use this addon is 2 ways...
I use auto widget addon to the make all my fave iPlayer shows as a list. This I then use as a widget so I can play all my fave's directly from my Home menu
But without the logos it just Looks awful..serves the purpose but Looks awful
for a Kodi diehard this is just torture innit !

So with „logos“ you refer to thumbnails of specific programmes/episodes? If so: Yes, that won’t work. These images are online images which URLs are scraped from the website and the URLs can change any time. If you save them as favourites, the URLs will expire, and they will show up broken or not at all. This cannot work the way you would like to.

All the regular logos (folders, settings,…) are static and should work in my opinion. If they are affected, pleas let me know (once more).
(2023-02-13, 21:41)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-02-13, 04:04)shaktoo Wrote: [ -> ]yep No Logos
I'll get a screen shot and share
How I use this addon is 2 ways...
I use auto widget addon to the make all my fave iPlayer shows as a list. This I then use as a widget so I can play all my fave's directly from my Home menu
But without the logos it just Looks awful..serves the purpose but Looks awful
for a Kodi diehard this is just torture innit !

So with „logos“ you refer to thumbnails of specific programmes/episodes? If so: Yes, that won’t work. These images are online images which URLs are scraped from the website and the URLs can change any time. If you save them as favourites, the URLs will expire, and they will show up broken or not at all. This cannot work the way you would like to.

All the regular logos (folders, settings,…) are static and should work in my opinion. If they are affected, pleas let me know (once more).
Not Thumbnails but Clear Logo : 
I will share screen shots from 2 Skins which I use Titan Bingie Mod & Arctic Horizon 2.
They will Show Addon widgets with & Without Logos's But for iplayer Widgets No Logo's etc 
ImageImageImage
(2023-02-09, 22:24)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-02-03, 01:11)Dumyat Wrote: [ -> ] 
Thanks for your patience, @Dumyat. I checked today's episode, and can confirm it does not play for me either. 
No worries. At least it wasn't some random issue affecting just my set-up. Like you said, hopefully one of the input adaptive devs might get a chance to take a closer look at the issue at some point.
I have another quick question as well....Is 4K resolution no longer possible? I know it was at some point, because I remember watching Wimbledon 2/3 years ago using the Kodi addon. I just happened to see last night before the new drama 'The Gold' was about to start that they announced all episodes would be available on iplayer in 4K, but when I checked the addon earlier today the highest resolution I could achieve was HD720 (Same when I switched input adaptive to manual stream quality).
Was just curious if 4K was now a non starter on Kodi?
(2023-02-13, 22:26)shaktoo Wrote: [ -> ]Not Thumbnails but Clear Logo : 
I will share screen shots from 2 Skins which I use Titan Bingie Mod & Arctic Horizon 2.
They will Show Addon widgets with & Without Logos's But for iplayer Widgets No Logo's etc 
ImageImageImage

These images look just fine. Everything that the add-on provides is in the screenshots. What else do you need/expect?
(2023-02-13, 23:52)Dumyat Wrote: [ -> ]I have another quick question as well....Is 4K resolution no longer possible? I know it was at some point, because I remember watching Wimbledon 2/3 years ago using the Kodi addon. I just happened to see last night before the new drama 'The Gold' was about to start that they announced all episodes would be available on iplayer in 4K, but when I checked the addon earlier today the highest resolution I could achieve was HD720 (Same when I switched input adaptive to manual stream quality).
Was just curious if 4K was now a non starter on Kodi?

Last time I checked, 4K was only available on TVs, not on the website. Once 4K shows up on the website, it should play automatically in Kodi or can be made available with minimal modifications. I have not heard of 4K on the website, but i am a little out of touch.

The 4K that was available in the add-on in the past were 4K test streams similar to the red button. Those did not play regular content, but some particular live events like Wimbledon or the World Cup.
Since updating to Kodi 20 on my CCWGTV I only get a low quality SD stream with no option to select another. My other addons like ITV Hub and Australian catch-ups work fine after the update. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
(2023-02-16, 02:33)aussieboozer Wrote: [ -> ]Since updating to Kodi 20 on my CCWGTV I only get a low quality SD stream with no option to select another. My other addons like ITV Hub and Australian catch-ups work fine after the update. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

This should correct itself over time as Inputstream Adaptive recognizes that your line is fast enough. If you want to force higher bitrates try increasing the minimum bitrate setting in Inputstream Adaptive. However, you should know that this will also affect all other add-ons you use.
@CaptainT : Correct me if I am wrong but I think the streams are restricted to 720p at best form this app ?
@shaktoo

As stated on numerous previous posts in this thread, the streams from this add-on are the ones from the BBC web site, right now offered -and sadly capped- at 720p.
(2023-02-16, 16:29)OTinley Wrote: [ -> ]@shaktoo

As stated on numerous previous posts in this thread, the streams from this add-on are the ones from the BBC web site, right now offered -and sadly capped- at 720p.
I Know.. That's what I was saying !
I've just noticed then when I click iPlayer: Most Popular it is showing empty nothing is there , everything else is working fine
Kodi Nexus 20
iPlayer ver 4.0.6
(2023-03-08, 00:39)marson Wrote: [ -> ]I've just noticed then when I click iPlayer: Most Popular it is showing empty nothing is there , everything else is working fine
Kodi Nexus 20
iPlayer ver 4.0.6
Thanks for the notification. The Beeb changed something in the JSON format. 4.0.7 is on its way with a preliminary fix. It will bring back Most Popular, but so far without thumbnails/icons. These have become a bit more tricky and need more work.
Thanks for the reply & the upcoming fix
Various other things no longer working in iPlayer Add-on. None of the items listed under categories play.
(2023-03-16, 17:32)LeoLevosky Wrote: [ -> ]Various other things no longer working in iPlayer Add-on. None of the items listed under categories play.
I can confirm, that there are more changes being rolled out on the website. This will require some bigger changes to the add-on as well. For example, it is no longer clear if an entry should be considered a directory or an episode. So for Kodi, they definitely made things worse. Most likely we will end up with a much deeper folder structure and less options to go for the latest episode quickly. In any case, this requires some more work on the add-on, and also some more extensive testing.

Things will stay broken at least till the weekend. I will post updates if there are any.