Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Apologies.
I wasn’t advocating vpn use at all.
Simply stating the obvious
Dont thinks that’s it. If this was the case I would get a « media cannot play outside of the UK » kind of error..
In my case it’s a playback error and the stacktrace mention the crash could leak to memory leak.
Only happens since the last update. Been working flawlessly for years 😢
(2019-03-03, 16:53)Phocea Wrote: [ -> ]Dont thinks that’s it. If this was the case I would get a « media cannot play outside of the UK » kind of error..

No, it depends on when the georestrection is applied. In some cases, the result is exactly what you describe.

BTW: You did not answer my question. Are you in the UK or not?
Not in the UK no.
Also haven’t tried while signed in.
(2017-08-31, 23:15)RabidHadron Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-31, 19:56)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]I am sorry to say, Paul, but this is exactly the kind of topic that should not be discussed. Neither here, nor via PM. The add-on is not meant to work outside the UK and your usage is simply not supported.

Apart from this, I don't even know the answers to your questions. You need to ask the guys who implemented it at the Beeb.

I think SuperKodi put his question well. If you pay for a TV licence then no matter where you are you should be able to watch BBC programming.

This is entirely the only reason for the existence of an iPlayer addon for Kodi (you either want to watch BBC from abroad, or don't have a licence). So, unless I've missed something we're all breaking some regulation somewhere along the line. 

This is neither legally or factually accurate.

Also, discussions concerning the circumvention of geo-locked services is a forum rule violation which is why @Superkoduser's questions were not entertained. Please keep this discussion on topic from now on please.
Getting an     'Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'> Error Contents: list index out of range'   message anytime I try and play just about any episode.  Can play episodes from iplayer on the web without issue.  Anyone else seeing this?  Using DASH and Limelight for my streams.
(2019-03-15, 19:28)Cangeoboy Wrote: [ -> ]Getting an     'Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'> Error Contents: list index out of range'   message anytime I try and play just about any episode.  Can play episodes from iplayer on the web without issue.  Anyone else seeing this?  Using DASH and Limelight for my streams.

The add-on uses a different mediaselector than the website. It reacts differently.

Are you in the UK?
(2019-03-15, 19:51)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-15, 19:28)Cangeoboy Wrote: [ -> ]Getting an     'Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'> Error Contents: list index out of range'   message anytime I try and play just about any episode.  Can play episodes from iplayer on the web without issue.  Anyone else seeing this?  Using DASH and Limelight for my streams.

The add-on uses a different mediaselector than the website. It reacts differently.

Are you in the UK? 
 No, not in the UK.  Not having any location issues with any of my other UK addons however.
 Getting the same and or similar errors on the catch up service too, although as of five minutes ago the live streams are working fine.
(2019-03-16, 13:02)lusephur Wrote: [ -> ]
 Getting the same and or similar errors on the catch up service too, although as of five minutes ago the live streams are working fine. 
Just checked my live streams as well.   They're fine.  Still having the same issue with catchup.
(2019-03-16, 13:30)Cangeoboy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-16, 13:02)lusephur Wrote: [ -> ]
Just checked my live streams as well.   They're fine.  Still having the same issue with catchup. 
Hi, same error here, both on a freshly installed Windows PC and on Raspberry Pi (OSMC).  It was working fine about a week ago?  Catchup radio still works.  I'm in UK.
(2019-03-16, 22:32)andy_in_worthing Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, same error here, both on a freshly installed Windows PC and on Raspberry Pi (OSMC).  It was working fine about a week ago?  Catchup radio still works.  I'm in UK.

Thanks, finally a report from the UK. I will take a look tomorrow.

One more question: are you logged in when trying to play the programme? If not, can you try again logged in? Thanks!
Logged in, can't play catch up streams.
There are several combinations of stream sources available in Settings \ Streams : DASH / HLS and  Akamai / Limelight / BIDI and the various bandwidths.
Not all will work reliably depending on your route to the provider's server, bandwidth limitations and time of day.
HLS Akamai seems the most reliable for me.
Try all combinations to find your sweet spot.
Yes, logged in.  I've tried playing items from my 'Added' list, also random items from other categories and same thing happens.