Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-05-28, 12:59)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, looks like for some reason it's vanished from my Windows install.

Installed 2.6.16 on it, and the streams are now working fine here as well.

No solution for Krypton which does not have inputstream adaptive then?
(2021-05-28, 09:01)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]Unless the Beeb changed something drastically, the problem is most likely in IA once again.

Nothing has changed in my system since it worked, and now it doesn't. Quite possibly the BBC have fu messed about again.

My version ISA is 2.4.5.
I am running Kodi 18 (as OSMC) on an R-Pi, and iPlayerWWW 3.0.51.
It was working fine until yesterday, when it began to complain about invalid URL (on live streams).
The error message is (example):

Invalid URL 't=3840/v=pv10/b=1604032/main.m3u8': No schema supplied.
Perhaps you meant
http://t=3840/v=pv10/1504032/main.m3u8?

I tried grabbing a copy of 4.0, but of course it needs Python 3.

OSMC kodi 19 is not released yet - mainly trying to deal with it no longer supporting some elements of the built-in video acceleration - like deinterlacing.

I don't suppose there is a version that doesn't depend on Python 3 anywhere??
(2021-05-28, 19:06)YeahWhatever Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing has changed in my system since it worked, and now it doesn't. Quite possibly the BBC have fu messed about again.

My version ISA is 2.4.5.

Are you able to update it? I think the newest version for Leia is 2.4.7, which fixed a few things.

May not help, but perhaps worth a try if it's possible?
(2021-05-28, 19:22)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]Are you able to update it? I think the newest version for Leia is 2.4.7, which fixed a few things.

"There are currently no updates available for this add-on."
CaptainT,
Does it mean that the BBC has stopped HLS streams altogether, using only DASH ?
(2021-05-28, 20:33)YeahWhatever Wrote: [ -> ]"There are currently no updates available for this add-on."

Which platform/OS are you on?
(2021-05-28, 20:36)OTinley Wrote: [ -> ]CaptainT,
Does it mean that the BBC has stopped HLS streams altogether, using only DASH ?

I don’t know (yet). Will need to take a look using Krypton. The hint that users on Krypton seem to be affected just came to my attention.
Think it might be some CDN jiggery-pokery for live streams. Fresh install of add-on on Leia (PC, Ubuntu) and got same invalid url error message pop up when using HLS or timing out for DASH.

Had disabled Streams -> Play Stream Automatically using these settings

Also tried playing back popular items

Akamai didn't work initially but did for Cloudfront and Bidi on DASH. Playback was only SD 960 x 544 on any links. Tried again and Akamai worked second time.

Switched to HLS and all three CDNs playback was working. Again, playback above 1.8mbps SD stream not offered.
New to this add-on.

Does the quality step up automatically like the Android TV app? Seems to be stuck on 540p.
Everyone who is experiencing issues with live TV on Kodi 18 and older over the HLS stream protocol: Yes, they changed something. It is a tiny change which makes live HLS more similar to catchup HLS (but still different). This broke the functionality in the add-on. Users on Kodi 19 need not worry, nothing has happened there.

Possible solutions:
  1. If Inputstream Adaptive is available for your platform, please install it and then switch to DASH as stream protocol in the add-on settings. DASH does give you superior quality, in particular HD streams, while HLS is limited to SD. This should always be the preferred option.
  2. If you cannot change to DASH, please try the beta release on Github if it solves your issues. Please report back if it does or does not.
In general I highly recommend to update to Kodi 19 as soon as possible. The code base for 19 is much cleaner because of the removal of HLS streams from the add-on. In the mid term (most likely by the end of the year) support for Kodi 18 and older will be discontinued for this add-on.
(2021-05-29, 02:26)proxymatt Wrote: [ -> ]New to this add-on.

Does the quality step up automatically like the Android TV app? Seems to be stuck on 540p.
That depends. Which version of Kodi are you on? 19? If so, then the quality is managed by the Inputstream Adaptive add-on, not this add-on. In that case it can help to increase the values for minbitrate and maxbitrate in the Inputstream Adaptive settings. In general, it should also step up quality automatically, but it will not do so on the fly. Instead, it will use the statistics of previous programmes you played back to decide whether to step up (or down) the next time you start a new stream. So it definitely takes more time to adapt.

I still hope that dynmic bitrate switching will make it into Inputstream Adaptive eventually. The feature has been implemented, but is still disabled. This would give you the experience you are used to from an Android TV app.
(2021-05-29, 07:45)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone who is experiencing issues with live TV on Kodi 18 and older over the HLS stream protocol: Yes, they changed something. It is a tiny change which makes live HLS more similar to catchup HLS (but still different). This broke the functionality in the add-on. Users on Kodi 19 need not worry, nothing has happened there.

Possible solutions:
  1. If Inputstream Adaptive is available for your platform, please install it and then switch to DASH as stream protocol in the add-on settings. DASH does give you superior quality, in particular HD streams, while HLS is limited to SD. This should always be the preferred option.
  2. If you cannot change to DASH, please try the beta release on Github if it solves your issues. Please report back if it does or does not.
In general I highly recommend to update to Kodi 19 as soon as possible. The code base for 19 is much cleaner because of the removal of HLS streams from the add-on. In the mid term (most likely by the end of the year) support for Kodi 19 and older will be discontinued for this add-on.

No option to change to DASH, but the new beta fixed the issue for Krypton build - thank you.
hi, is there a reason that navigating  the menu is very slow ? im running 18,9 on a fire stick 4k, internet is 30 Mbps.

thanks.
(2021-05-29, 07:45)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
  1. If you cannot change to DASH, please try the beta release on Github if it solves your issues. Please report back if it does or does not.

Working on my Krypton install too, thankyou!