Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
iplayer radio a to z is now within categories section.

thanks
(2017-04-25, 12:17)Wilbox Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
iplayer radio a to z is now within categories section.

thanks
Thanks, I was unable to find it. This should be an easy fix, but it will take a day or two due to work.
Ok
many thanks
You will soon notice that there are rather big changes on the website. These break the add-on as it is today. We are already working on fixes and hope to have them ready within the day. However, it remains highly likely that there are further modifications to the website which will break things again and again and again.

Oh, and Categories are broken again. They reverted the last change.
(2017-04-26, 19:14)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]You will soon notice that there are rather big changes on the website. These break the add-on as it is today. We are already working on fixes and hope to have them ready within the day. However, it remains highly likely that there are further modifications to the website which will break things again and again and again.

Hi - I assume from this post, this is the reason for not being able to run any catchup, at the moment Live is working O.K
(2017-04-26, 20:56)bicky Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-26, 19:14)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]You will soon notice that there are rather big changes on the website. These break the add-on as it is today. We are already working on fixes and hope to have them ready within the day. However, it remains highly likely that there are further modifications to the website which will break things again and again and again.

Hi - I assume from this post, this is the reason for not being able to run any catchup, at the moment Live is working O.K

That is correct. No catchup will work with older versions.

I just released 2.5.12 and 3.0.5 which should bring back catchup. I do expect that there are still some bugs in there. If you encounter any, please report back and specify exactly which programme you tried to play, so I can duplicate the issues and fix it.

Also, there is a fair chance that they continue to play with the website and things break again. It was stable for a long time, now seems to be the time for bigger changes again.
Hi there, just tested 2.5.12 on Jarvis - catch up is fine - will keep you posted. Thank's for your hard work.
(2017-04-24, 18:23)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]Luckily it looks like they just changed the URLs, but the login mechanism is basically unchanged. 2.5.10 and 3.0.4 will fix this and are on their way to the official repo. Please report if everything is back to normal, oattes, as I did not do very extensive tests.
I can confirm that your update fixed the login issue. Hopefully the web changes will complete soon and stabilise -- then I'll give all the bits that I am familiar with a good test.

Thanks very much for your continued support!
Using v 3.0.5. After selecting tv show, app attempts connection and then closes Kodi and returns to FireTV home screen.
Kodi is Krypton version.
Hi, sorry silly question but how do I download 3.0.5? I checked the repository from Kodi just now and it's still showing 3.0.4.
(2017-04-27, 02:11)lee3lions Wrote: [ -> ]Using v 3.0.5. After selecting tv show, app attempts connection and then closes Kodi and returns to FireTV home screen.
Kodi is Krypton version.
This sounds more like an issue with Kodi than with the addon. FireTV is running an Android derivative, right? There have been reports of crashes when using DASH on Android. Please change the stream protocol in settings from DASH to HLS and try again.
(2017-04-27, 03:56)Kaschool Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, sorry silly question but how do I download 3.0.5? I checked the repository from Kodi just now and it's still showing 3.0.4.
The best way is to wait for the official repo to provide it. You can pull the zip off GitHub, but that will mess up the directory structure of your installation.

The update was merged within minutes thanks to Martjin, so I assume it should be shipped by now.
On 2.5.12 - all catch-up streams fail with the same error:

hostname 'vod-hls-uk ...akamaized.net' does not match 'u;u248.e.akamai.net'
(2017-04-27, 10:25)castalla Wrote: [ -> ]On 2.5.12 - all catch-up streams fail with the same error:

I am afraid this might be the ominous TLS bug primaeval was referring to.

Can you please switch off Autoplay and check if any streams still play OK? I assume you just get the error for streams using HTTPS. Unfortunately, the add-on currently does not distinguish between HTTP and HTTPS streams.

Edit: That won't help you either, sorry. Even without Autoplay it will try to grab all of the manifests once.
(2017-04-27, 12:05)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-27, 10:25)castalla Wrote: [ -> ]On 2.5.12 - all catch-up streams fail with the same error:

I am afraid this might be the ominous TLS bug primaeval was referring to.

Can you please switch off Autoplay and check if any streams still play OK? I assume you just get the error for streams using HTTPS. Unfortunately, the add-on currently does not distinguish between HTTP and HTTPS streams.

Edit: That won't help you either, sorry. Even without Autoplay it will try to grab all of the manifests once.

Thanks. You're correct - no effect. Same error messages. Grrrr!