Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
viwX had a problem with catch-up but that has been fixed. Hope that the fix for iPlayer is as simple.
(2023-10-21, 10:45)StoffelWaffle777 Wrote: [ -> ]I updated to the latest beta (Omega B1) and now all playback stops after about 40 seconds with the buffering icon appearing with a value of 1 and freezes in that condition. Anyone else? Happy to go back to v20, just wodering. Thanks

Same here but only on live streams like BBC News. Catchup works fine.
I'm using a RPI4 running Libreelec aarch64-12.0 nightly.
It was fine up to aarch64-12.0-nightly-20230829 - (Kodi 21.0-ALPHA2 (20.90.201)
It was using inputstream.adaptive v21.1.3.1
The nightly build of 30th August forced inputstream.adaptive to update and that's when the issue started and persists in successive nightly builds.
I tried yesterday's nightly (Kodi 1.0-BETA1 (20.90.801), with inputstream.adaptive v21.3.0.1 but it still resulted in the stream hanging with the buffer icon stuck at 2.
It doesn't crash the system but checking settings maxes one core out at 100% until I press the stop button and the system recovers normally.
For the past two days I've been unable to sign in using my BBCiD. I've checked and re-entered the username and password (which function fine on the website and other apps) to no avail. I tried the 'sign out' option, but this did nothing. 

The only entry in the log which seems to be related is:
Quote:error <general>: Control 55 in window 10025 has been asked to focus, but it can't
This error appears in the log every time I attempt to sign in.

The addon worked perfectly until a couple of days ago and I haven't changed anything in my system.
I'm running CoreElec Amlogic-ne.arm-20.2-Nexus on an Amlogic 905X4.
Anyone have any ideas about how to fix this?
(2023-10-26, 13:50)charleski Wrote: [ -> ]For the past two days I've been unable to sign in using my BBCiD.
I got the same. There's been a change at BBC's web site causing the add-on's sign-in routine to fail.
I've already opened a pull request with a fix. Hopefully CaptainT will be able to publish a new version soon.
Unfortunately, by signing out you've lost all tokens, so there's nothing you can do right now.
(2023-10-29, 02:46)kereltje Wrote: [ -> ]I got the same. There's been a change at BBC's web site causing the add-on's sign-in routine to fail.
I've already opened a pull request with a fix. Hopefully CaptainT will be able to publish a new version soon.
Unfortunately, by signing out you've lost all tokens, so there's nothing you can do right now.
Thanks a lot for your efforts. The updated version has just been released and is on it's way to the official repo. Updates should happen automatically within the next days.

There is a downside, though: Live Radio is no longer working at all. The Beeb appears to have started to enforce users to be logged in to access these streams. I expect that this will soon be extended to Video as well. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a solution to their new authentication method. It does not appear to be impossible to overcome, I may just be too dumb to understand the JS code.
@CaptainT
I hacked around a bit and fortunately it doesn't seems to be that bad after all.
e.g. to listen to radio one, you need to make an authenticated request to the radio one page on BBC sounds. Authentication is just like iplayer, the same cookies.
The page contains data that can be obtained very similar to ipww_video.ScrapeJson(), but with a slightly different regex.
This data has a field that indicates whether the user is signed in, so authentication can be handled in the same way video now does.
And data also contains the JWT token needed in the query string to request radio one's media selector.

A test where I managed to get a valid media selector can be found at https://github.com/dimkroon/iplayer_test...55C8-L55C8
From there on it's just business as usual, I guess.
(2023-11-06, 02:13)kereltje Wrote: [ -> ]@CaptainT
I hacked around a bit and fortunately it doesn't seems to be that bad after all.
e.g. to listen to radio one, you need to make an authenticated request to the radio one page on BBC sounds. Authentication is just like iplayer, the same cookies.
The page contains data that can be obtained very similar to ipww_video.ScrapeJson(), but with a slightly different regex.
This data has a field that indicates whether the user is signed in, so authentication can be handled in the same way video now does.
And data also contains the JWT token needed in the query string to request radio one's media selector.

A test where I managed to get a valid media selector can be found at https://github.com/dimkroon/iplayer_test...55C8-L55C8
From there on it's just business as usual, I guess.
Thanks a lot again. An updated release is on its way.
(2023-10-21, 10:45)StoffelWaffle777 Wrote: [ -> ]I updated to the latest beta (Omega B1) and now all playback stops after about 40 seconds with the buffering icon appearing with a value of 1 and freezes in that condition. Anyone else? Happy to go back to v20, just wodering. Thanks
Only on Kodi 21 nightly:
I am having the same issue. All BBC streams stop at around 30-40 seconds. Kodi does not crash, it simply returns to the GUI.
ITV and other add-ons relying on IA do not exhibit the problem. 

The same streams work perfectly fine in Kodi 20.
Since I have both Kodi versions, it is not a showstopper at the moment.
Just letting CaptainT know.
I have same issue on nightly.

When selecting "Watch Live", the OSD shows: 01:59:40 / 02:00:00 and plays for the 20 seconds until elapsed time reaches 01:59:59 then it stalls forever with spinner active.

On-demand streams are playing fine.
Still the same problem for me as well.
I suspected it was an inputstream.adaptive issue but it updated to inputstream.adaptive 21.4.0-Omega with LibreELEC-RPi4.aarch64-12.0-nightly-20231125 and still displays the same behavior mentioned by @popcornmix
I'm having exactly the same problem with BBC live streams with Libreelec nightly releases running iPlayerWWW.
Googling the issue brought me here and I see I'm not the only one.
I was hoping to find a fix as I've had to roll back to Kodi 21.0-ALPHA2 and am unable to update to the latest nightly images as I will lose live stream functionality.
There are no comments from the developer acknowledging the issue or whether a fix is being worked on?
if you check `inputstream.adaptive/inputstream.adaptive/changelog.txt` at  · xbmc/inputstream.adaptive on git. there has been a new version released with some changes that sound like they may be relevant
No, this is not related to IA this time & today's update to IA did not change a thing.

The issue only happens with IPlayer WWW after 20 seconds of play time and with Omega only.
CaptainT needs to have a look but he's been MIA.
It sure has been quiet in this thread, recently.......

I've been updating my test RPI4 system with the latest nightlies since the issue started, in the hope that it was related to package updates and would be resolved with future releases.
I'm up to LibreELEC-RPi4.aarch64-12.0-nightly-20231222-581a2fe and nothing has changed, despite inputstream.adaptive and ffmpeg package updates.
I'm only seeing this behaviour with iPlayer WWW
I guess the main IplayerWWW userbase will mostly not be using the Omega development channel hence the reason we are not seeing a lot more reports of the issue in the forums.
However, as Omega matures, more users will upgrade and there will surely be an influx of support requests.
Hopefully CaptainT is aware of it and is working to address it preemptively.
The task of plugins is to create virtual folders in Kodi - plugins usually are not involved in the actual playing of content. If a live steams stops after 20 seconds the plugin has long done it's job and has transferred control to Kodi and Inputsteam Adaptive more than 20 seconds ago. From these descriptions there is no reason to suggest that anything can be done in iPlayer WWW.

Moreover, if you are testing beta or even alpha versions of a certain software project and you find a breaking change from one version to the next, I believe it's common practice to report that issue to the project you are testing, rather than to some down stream project. Has anyone reported this at IA, or there is a known change to IA that is to be implemented by iPlayer WWW?