Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-02-28, 11:58)OldElf Wrote: [ -> ]I have had iplayer.www installed for many years, in fact since Kodi was called XBMC. And have been able to watch BBC and ITV, Live and catch-up.

How can a new version (19) disable their own apps?

@DarrenHill already explained why this change took place, so I would just like to refer you once again to the latest beta version for Matrix. Please follow this link, download the "Source code (zip)" file from the page, and install it manually in Kodi 19. This should bring BBC back to your system. This is a beta version that will auto-update from the official repo once there is an official release.
Thanks for your efforts @CaptainT

I have tested this new Beta2 version with similar results such as those mentioned by @DarrenHill.

BBC2 Wales & BBC2 NI work perfectly in HD and carry the same programming as the regular BBC2.

The Red Button channel content is still using HLS I believe but if it follows the trend, it will be switched to Dash soon enough.
(2021-02-28, 17:27)OTinley Wrote: [ -> ]The Red Button channel content is still using HLS I believe but if it follows the trend, it will be switched to Dash soon enough.
Thanks for testing. Red Button is a good point. I forgot to test that. It currently attempts to open a DASH stream just like live, but fails with a "selectionunavailable" error.

Are there currently any Red Button streams around to check how the website works? If not, when can we expect some?
Posted by CaptainT - 20 minutes ago
"Are there currently any Red Button streams around to check how the website works? If not, when can we expect some?"

There are static screen patterns from RB 2 to RB 5, no actual live programming at this time.
(2021-02-28, 18:11)OTinley Wrote: [ -> ]There are static screen patterns from RB 2 to RB 5, no actual live programming at this time.
I was more looking for a Red Button programme on the BBC website. It's odd, according to the schedule there should be Formula E on, but there isn't. I wonder if Red Button is still working the way it used to.

OK, I found some sports programmes that will be on soon. However, I don't think it is going to be that easy to add Red Button DASH streams. It seems to me that Red Button programmes are now treated like any other programme. They get a PID, and that PID is only valid while the live event is on. It also changes from one event to the next. That PID would be needed to play the stream, so we are looking at a completely new engine required to scrape those PIDs from the BBC Sports website. I am not eager on that.

I did find a "silver_stream", not "sports_stream" which is currently on. I can guess the URL of some Red Button streams based on that, but this will be one particular pool. Thus, load balancing will be poor. Not what we want either. Looks like Red Button is going to be broken for some time in Matrix. Sad
(2021-02-23, 21:51)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-21, 09:06)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]I figured I should get an early morning start today. Turns out the changes to get DASH working were less complicated than I thought. I created a beta release on Github. Download it from this link and install manually in Kodi if you feel adventurous.

I am sure there are still some bugs that need ironing out. Please report issues here or directly on Github.

From now on, the add-on should behave exactly as the website. No more "different streams", it is all the same.
Has nobody given this a try or is it just working like a charm?
The Beta works well thank you!!
(2021-02-28, 21:25)virtualgeek Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-23, 21:51)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-21, 09:06)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]I figured I should get an early morning start today. Turns out the changes to get DASH working were less complicated than I thought. I created a beta release on Github. Download it from this link and install manually in Kodi if you feel adventurous.

I am sure there are still some bugs that need ironing out. Please report issues here or directly on Github.

From now on, the add-on should behave exactly as the website. No more "different streams", it is all the same.
Has nobody given this a try or is it just working like a charm?
The Beta works well thank you!!
The Beta version didn't work for me but Beta 2 version works well except for Red Button and radio.

I hope Red Button and radio will eventually get fixed.

Very glad to have this back, thanks
(2021-03-01, 01:48)rocko Wrote: [ -> ]The Beta version didn't work for me but Beta 2 version works well except for Red Button and radio.

I hope Red Button and radio will eventually get fixed.

Very glad to have this back, thanks

I have got to admit that I never tested radio. This code was contributed by @primaeval. Will need to look into it. On a side note: Wasn't there somebody who wanted to create an additional add-on for radio and BBC Sounds?
Thanks for your amazing work, its much appreciated

beta2 - BBC2 England not working (I think you know this), no search or categories, no radio etc
Other TV channels quick to change and good quality

W10 x64 home 20H2 (, i5-3470, 8G, SSD

Again huge thanks, I hope the community is able to help you with plenty of testing, great work!
(2021-03-02, 02:59)unkrocks Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your amazing work, its much appreciated

beta2 - BBC2 England not working (I think you know this), no search or categories, no radio etc
Other TV channels quick to change and good quality

W10 x64 home 20H2 (, i5-3470, 8G, SSD

Again huge thanks, I hope the community is able to help you with plenty of testing, great work!
That should read no radio, no radio search or categories etc
Another thumbs up for beta2 thank you @CaptainT . I only use iPlayer for catchup, but that bit works fine.
Thankyou @CaptainT . Works a treat!!
New beta for Matrix is up on GitHub.

Radio Categories is back and now uses BBC Sounds Categories.

Live Radio is also back but broken. Looks like the same bug in inputstream.adaptive that also affects BBC2 live TV. Kodi attempts to load outdated parts of the stream that are no longer available.

Radio A-Z and Radio Search is still broken, this is a bigger piece of work.

All Radio is now UK only.

Any feedback is welcome.
Just tried Beta2 works great but everything is SD 540, is that correct? I only use catchup.
(2021-03-08, 15:47)chrissxuk Wrote: [ -> ]Just tried Beta2 works great but everything is SD 540, is that correct? I only use catchup.

That should rectify itself over time. Inputstream.adaptive remembers the bitrate that worked in the past, and adapts the maximum bitrate used in the future.

You can also force streams by selecting them manually. You need to enable that in the settings of inputstream.adaptive. Afterwards you can choose the stream during playback in the regular Kodi video settings.