Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All.
version 2.5.28 seems to have stopped working. No episodes appear under any programme (live streams work ok), whilst 3.0.20 works like a treat. Maybe I am alone in using the old plugin...
(2018-01-22, 20:04)maurozzo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All.
version 2.5.28 seems to have stopped working. No episodes appear under any programme (live streams work ok), whilst 3.0.20 works like a treat. Maybe I am alone in using the old plugin...
The code used to scrape programme information from the website is identical in 2.5.28 and 3.0.20. There must be another difference between your systems.

The only thing I can imagine is that your 2.5.28 systems gets a different version of the iPlayer website for some reasons. This sometimes happens when they run trials. Take a look at the iplayer.cookies file in the Kodi userdata folder of your 2.5.28 installation (subfolder addon_data/plugin.video.iplayerwww). You can open it with a regular text editor. See if you can find an entry called ckpf_iplayer_experiments. If you do, feel free to send me the content in a PM and try deleting the entry from the file afterwards. As an alternative, you may also delete the entire iplayer.cookies file.
Thanks CaptainT for the prompt reply.
Indeed there is a line ckpf_iplayer_experiments, but I cant send the cookie to you via PM because I'm a newbie (I think). Anyway deleting the cookie has had the effect of bringing back the episodes. Yay! Image
The only difference between the systems is that 2.5.28 runs on Kodi 14.2 Helix and 3.0.20 runs on 17.6 Krypton, both on windows 10 (on different boxes).
Thanks again for your patience.
(2018-01-23, 13:03)maurozzo Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed there is a line ckpf_iplayer_experiments, but I cant send the cookie to you via PM because I'm a newbie (I think). Anyway deleting the cookie has had the effect of bringing back the episodes. Yay! Image
Thanks for your feedback. I guess we are up for a tough ride in the next weeks then. If they roll out this experiment for everyone, the whole add-on may require rewriting.
I've got Kodi 17.6 on 2 Windows PCs, both with the iPlayer addon (3.0.20). One 1 of the PC's, when I navigate to most programmes I see no episodes listed. For example, if I navigate: Channel A-Z, BBC One, I can see lists of programmes, and it might say there are N available episodes, however, when I navigate into that item, there are none, and strangely I notice that the heading of the page (top left hand) reports Videos rather than TV Shows. The other PC correctly shows TV Shows and lists the individual episodes for viewing.

I've taken a couple of screen shots that show the before/after clicking on the programme "A1: Britain's Longest Road".

Any idea what's happening and how I can fix it?
First, I would recommend the same steps as a few posts ago. Most likely on of your PCs receives an experimental website layout.
Hi,

I had seen an earlier post referring to the iplayer.cookies file. Is that what you're referring to?

I have tried removing the experimental line, and deleting the file, but in both cases the problem persists, and the renewed iplayer.cookies file still gets an entry with experiments in it:

Set-Cookie3: ckpf_iplayer_experiments="%7B%22iplrw_cb12_tleo_page%22%3A%22grid%22%7D"; path="/"; domain=".bbc.co.uk"; path_spec; domain_dot; expires="2019-01-27 00:14:57Z"; version=0

I've examined my other PC installation that works (that's a Win10 with Kodi installed from the store), and after locating its iplayer.cookies file, it too has an experiments entry, but on that machine there's no problem.

Working Win10 installation - under: C:\Users\NyUserName\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.iplayerwww

Set-Cookie3: ckpf_iplayer_experiments="%7B%22iplrw_cb12_tleo_page%22%3Anull%7D"; path="/"; domain=".bbc.co.uk"; path_spec; domain_dot; expires="2019-01-23 00:21:50Z"; version=0
I've copied the iplayer.cookies file from the machine where things are OK over the one on the problematic machine and it now works.

Any idea what's going on?
They use different kinds of tests for different users. I assume they connect this to the UUID cookie, which is supposed to be unique for each device. Thus, if you just delete that line, they may be able to reset you to the last state by sending the same cookie again.

From a privacy point of view, I would highly recommend to delete the whole cookies file periodically.
I have just got this cookie fault on my Amazon FireTV box but none of my other devices,
I don't know if its just coincidence or whether it may help with diagnosing what's going on but all my devices running iplayer WWW are signed into my BBC ID except that one FireTV box
Do you get the cookie load error or the problem that you don't see any programmes?

EDIT: If you get the "Cookie load failed" error message, than this is for sure independent of the login. It can occur if the file used to store cooked by the add-on is either corrupt, or the Kodi process cannot access it, e.g. because of missing permissions. This error message is part of the add-on and not a generic Kodi message.
(2018-01-27, 22:47)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]Do you get the cookie load error or the problem that you don't see any programmes?

EDIT: If you get the "Cookie load failed" error message, than this is for sure independent of the login. It can occur if the file used to store cooked by the add-on is either corrupt, or the Kodi process cannot access it, e.g. because of missing permissions. This error message is part of the add-on and not a generic Kodi message.
 Sorry for the delay in replying, I've only just seen your post, its the problem where you don't see any programs.
It may just be coincidence that this is my only device running your excellent addon that has exhibited the fault or may be worth further investigation, perhaps others experiencing it could say whether they are logged into a BBC ID or not?
FWIW, I'm not logged in with an ID with the iplayer www add-on, but (if there's any tie-in) I do have iplayer installed on this same machine and the BBC web site enforces log in use.
Okay, using 3.20 on a Pi3 through Librelec and I'm now getting no programs appearing under the titles at all Sad Have the BBC changed their ways?
I've just checked both my installations, the work-around of copying the cookies file was understandably temporary.

Both of my installations now exhibit the same issue; namely that when you navigate down to the episodes, there are none, and the category says "video" rather than "tv shows"; sadly making the plug-in effectively non-functional.