Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It works!

Tonight, I updated CoreELEC. That seems to have sorted iPlayer Live. It’s all working now.

Thanks for pointing out the source of the problem, CaptainT.

Cheers
(2022-12-19, 01:38)daminator Wrote: [ -> ]It works!

Tonight, I updated CoreELEC. That seems to have sorted iPlayer Live. It’s all working now.

Thanks for pointing out the source of the problem, CaptainT.

Cheers

Thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear it is working now.
Are there no 1080 streams available in catch-up? I only ever get a max of 720. I thought this my have been inputstream.adaptive not correctly detecting my speed but if I change the settings to "ask quality" it doesn't list 1080. I am checking recent shows like the latest Casualty for example.

There is also a setting in inputstream.adaptive for "fixed resolution", can anyone explain what that actually does?
@chrissxuk My understanding is that the addon only utilises sources from the iPlayer website and that the website only provides up to 720p streams whereas the official apps have another source that provides up to 1080p?
Has anyone got logo's working with this addon ? I have never been able to . Even though there is a helperaddon for logo's but I hve never been able to get it to work. On Windows & Android ( Shield / Chromecast) latest Kodi 20 + Latest Addons.
(2023-01-22, 13:58)Dangelus Wrote: [ -> ]@chrissxuk My understanding is that the addon only utilises sources from the iPlayer website and that the website only provides up to 720p streams whereas the official apps have another source that provides up to 1080p?

Spot on.
(2023-01-23, 12:52)shaktoo Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone got logo's working with this addon ? I have never been able to . Even though there is a helperaddon for logo's but I hve never been able to get it to work. On Windows & Android ( Shield / Chromecast) latest Kodi 20 + Latest Addons.

What exactly is your issue with logos? Do they not show up at all? They work for me on Matrix and Leia, so this might be an issue in Kodi 20.
(2023-01-26, 21:56)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-01-23, 12:52)shaktoo Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone got logo's working with this addon ? I have never been able to . Even though there is a helperaddon for logo's but I hve never been able to get it to work. On Windows & Android ( Shield / Chromecast) latest Kodi 20 + Latest Addons.

What exactly is your issue with logos? Do they not show up at all? They work for me on Matrix and Leia, so this might be an issue in Kodi 20.

I have the logos working on Kodi 20 Nexus, running on a Windows PC
Hi @CaptainT 
Quick question.
BBC One recently announced that viewers can now watch Question Time on the iplayer platform from 20:00Hrs on a Thursday evening which is 2.5hrs earlier than when it's actually broadcast. The reason is so viewers don't have to stay up late to watch when it's actually broadcast or have to record/watch on catch up after.
When I checked the Kodi addon earlier tonight (shortly after 20:00), I could see the latest episode was being displayed but when I selected it, nothing played. I was curious to know if instances such as this are outside the scope of the Kodi addon?
(2023-02-03, 01:11)Dumyat Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @CaptainT 
Quick question.
BBC One recently announced that viewers can now watch Question Time on the iplayer platform from 20:00Hrs on a Thursday evening which is 2.5hrs earlier than when it's actually broadcast. The reason is so viewers don't have to stay up late to watch when it's actually broadcast or have to record/watch on catch up after.
When I checked the Kodi addon earlier tonight (shortly after 20:00), I could see the latest episode was being displayed but when I selected it, nothing played. I was curious to know if instances such as this are outside the scope of the Kodi addon?

I didn’t know about that, and will need to test it this Thursday.
(2023-02-03, 01:11)Dumyat Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @CaptainT 
Quick question.
Thanks for your patience, @Dumyat. I checked today's episode, and can confirm it does not play for me either. It turns out that it even crashes my Kodi installation. However, the crash occurs in the player itself, not in the add-on. I looked into the add-on in detail, and found that it determines the correct stream (same as website player), which it passes on to Kodi/Inputstream Adaptive. Then something goes wrong. Nothing I can do here except try and escalate this to the Kodi/Inputstream Adaptive devs.
Hi @CaptainT 

I tried to watch the live Stream of the Senior Darts matches over Category/Sport/Darts but the Stream is not working (day three afternoon live Coverage) all other live Streams and vod contents have no issue.
(2023-02-11, 15:25)Ghddbn Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @CaptainT 

I tried to watch the live Stream of the Senior Darts matches over Category/Sport/Darts but the Stream is not working (day three afternoon live Coverage) all other live Streams and vod contents have no issue.

That should be the same issue as reported a few posts above for Question Time.
(2023-01-27, 15:18)berkhornet Wrote: [ -> ]

I have the logos working on Kodi 20 Nexus, running on a Windows PC
How ??
I have tried dialling in all the settings to no avail
I use on windows & android , I have tried on Kodi 19.5, Kodi 20 & K21 Alpha / Nightlies  On various skins which are capable of displaying / fetching all metadata & artwork.. but  not  on this addon ... and I live in the UK so no I am not using any VPN biz
would you be kind enough to share your settings

yep No Logos
I'll get a screen shot and share
How I use this addon is 2 ways...
I use auto widget addon to the make all my fave iPlayer shows as a list. This I then use as a widget so I can play all my fave's directly from my Home menu
But without the logos it just Looks awful..serves the purpose but Looks awful
for a Kodi diehard this is just torture innit !