Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-02-20, 18:54)skydivertricky Wrote: [ -> ]Hi - Thanks for the add-on - been working great since 1.0beta for me

But today Ive noticed a problem with only 1 program - Peter Rabbit - although the folder lists 22 episodes available, it is empty when you go in it.
It is all available and working on the BBCiPlayer website. I havent noticed any problems with any other CBeebies programs.

Just annoying that it is my 2 year old's favorite show.

Can you get to it through Search? It works for me right now. Some of the CBeebies programs have strange formatting that we don't always find in our testing.
Hi, everything was working well in 15.2 but now 'Ive updated to 16.0 the add-on doesn't recognise I am in the uk. Unable to play any programmes apart from live tv.

Can you help to resolve this please.
nvm - wrong forum
(2016-02-21, 01:18)Edge68 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, everything was working well in 15.2 but now 'Ive updated to 16.0 the add-on doesn't recognise I am in the uk. Unable to play any programmes apart from live tv.

The add-on never "recognised" that you are in the UK. It simply interprets information received from the Beeb's servers whether they think you are in the UK or not. If they changed their mind recently, there is nothing we can do about it.

(2016-02-21, 01:18)Edge68 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you help to resolve this please.

Sorry, we can't.
(2016-02-21, 01:18)Edge68 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, everything was working well in 15.2 but now 'Ive updated to 16.0 the add-on doesn't recognise I am in the uk. Unable to play any programmes apart from live tv.

Can you help to resolve this please.

Everything seems to work ok for me in 16.0. Try turning off autoplay in the Settings \ Streams and see if you can get any stream to play. The most common problem is the default bandwith being too high for your connection to handle. Either that or if you are using a Smart DNS or VPN, it is blocked by the BBC.
(2016-02-21, 09:04)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]Everything seems to work ok for me in 16.0. Try turning off autoplay in the Settings \ Streams and see if you can get any stream to play. The most common problem is the default bandwith being too high for your connection to handle. Either that or if you are using a Smart DNS or VPN, it is blocked by the BBC.

Thank for your help. It's all working fine now. It appears that I had VPN turned on.
(2016-02-21, 10:14)Edge68 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-21, 09:04)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]Everything seems to work ok for me in 16.0. Try turning off autoplay in the Settings \ Streams and see if you can get any stream to play. The most common problem is the default bandwith being too high for your connection to handle. Either that or if you are using a Smart DNS or VPN, it is blocked by the BBC.

I've just tried this without success. Such a shame I can't get this to work in 16.0. I'm not using a Smart DNS or VPN. I live in the UK and have it working fine on another device using 15.2 off the same network.

Maybe it is device specific or some components haven't downloaded correctly. Try a clean install or portable mode (add -p to the command line). What device are you using? There were some problems with some devices using Python 2.6 instead of 2.7 but that has been fixed now.
(2016-02-21, 10:14)Edge68 Wrote: [ -> ]I've just tried this without success. Such a shame I can't get this to work in 16.0. I'm not using a Smart DNS or VPN. I live in the UK and have it working fine on another device using 15.2 off the same network.

Ok, thanks for the update. The only other reason I could think of would be some sort of problem with cookies. Try deleting the cookies file in your .kodi/userdata/addons/..... folder.
(2016-02-20, 19:02)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-20, 18:54)skydivertricky Wrote: [ -> ]Hi - Thanks for the add-on - been working great since 1.0beta for me

But today Ive noticed a problem with only 1 program - Peter Rabbit - although the folder lists 22 episodes available, it is empty when you go in it.
It is all available and working on the BBCiPlayer website. I havent noticed any problems with any other CBeebies programs.

Just annoying that it is my 2 year old's favorite show.

Can you get to it through Search? It works for me right now. Some of the CBeebies programs have strange formatting that we don't always find in our testing.

Thanks for the response - but it turned out someone (kids? Wink ) had set it to show only unwatched episodes only. Shows how much peter rabbit gets watched!
(2016-01-31, 22:41)bry- Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-31, 22:22)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-31, 20:51)bry- Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone successful in using this on a nexus player? I've tried many settings and the video seems to freeze and stop at about 8 seconds in. The player is hardwired via and ethernet adapter fyi.

A couple of pages back, a user reported issues with the add-on using a Nexus and Kodi 15.2. However, these were different issues which affected all Android users and they have been fixed by now. So my best guess is that it should work on Nexus by now.

From your problem description it seems that Kodi plays the first segment of the stream, but then stops retrieving the stream for whatever reason. In any case: whatever happens after a video starts to play is out of control of the add-on. It is purely Kodi handling the playlist.
Thanks for the reply. I'll wait and see if this is fixed via Jarvis when it goes final. Thanks for the prompt response @CaptainT

following up - has anyone had any success getting this to work on the nexus player?
@CaptainT I will split the thread and clean up my posts as to not hijack. Apologies. @primaeval the issue with sheild apk on nexus is navigation. I will touch base with you via split thread or via pm as to not clog the forum and thread further.
@CaptainT here is a log from the nexus player: http://xbmclogs.com/pcsr4ijgk
(2016-02-25, 00:11)bry- Wrote: [ -> ]@CaptainT here is a log from the nexus player: http://xbmclogs.com/pcsr4ijgk
The log shows a gazillion ffmpeg error messages. It also shows that only the first TS-segment of the stream is loaded.

I've got no clue as to why this is the case. You will need to ask someone responsible for the Android x86 port of Kodi.

One thing that catches my attention is the fact that ffmpeg on Android x86 seems to use different codecs for decoding the TS-segments within ffmpeg. Not sure if this is of any significance.
(2016-02-25, 02:07)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-25, 00:11)bry- Wrote: [ -> ]@CaptainT here is a log from the nexus player: http://xbmclogs.com/pcsr4ijgk
The log shows a gazillion ffmpeg error messages. It also shows that only the first TS-segment of the stream is loaded.

I've got no clue as to why this is the case. You will need to ask someone responsible for the Android x86 port of Kodi.

One thing that catches my attention is the fact that ffmpeg on Android x86 seems to use different codecs for decoding the TS-segments within ffmpeg. Not sure if this is of any significance.

I concur.
The only other strange thing I see is a network message "Using network protocols without global network initialization."
You could test the HLS protocol by finding an Apple HLS test stream and trying to play that. You can add stream urls to .strm text files and load them into Kodi.
@fritsch would you mind take a look at the log please? I will install a nightly build this weekend to test as there has been many changes with ffmpeg.