Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Deleted - looks like a VPN problem...
Can anyone (authors or maybe @noggin) bring me up to date on the UHD situation?  Am I supposed to be able to get HLG streams with this add-on and are they provided at 1080p or even less if my interweb won't stretch to 4k?  What I've found so far:
  • My TV iPlayer app plays the shows marked UHD fine but doesn't say what resolution/colourspace/eotf it's using.
  • iPlayer in a browser doesn't say what resolution/colourspace/eotf it's using but I suspect it's unlikely to detect HLG support since there is none Wink
  • My Vero4k with this add-on plays the same shows at 576p even though I can get up to 4k from YouTube. I can wind that up to 720p max but no sign of HLG.
TIA
Graham
Any ideas why everything I watch is SD 480? I am using Kodi 19.3 on an Android TV. iPlayer version 4.0.5.
(2022-09-05, 16:31)graham-h Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone (authors or maybe @noggin) bring me up to date on the UHD situation?  Am I supposed to be able to get HLG streams with this add-on and are they provided at 1080p or even less if my interweb won't stretch to 4k?  What I've found so far:
  • My TV iPlayer app plays the shows marked UHD fine but doesn't say what resolution/colourspace/eotf it's using.
  • iPlayer in a browser doesn't say what resolution/colourspace/eotf it's using but I suspect it's unlikely to detect HLG support since there is none Wink
  • My Vero4k with this add-on plays the same shows at 576p even though I can get up to 4k from YouTube. I can wind that up to 720p max but no sign of HLG.
Your understanding is pretty spot on. UHD/HLG streams are (as far as I know) only supported by the TV iPlayer app, not by the website. Since this add-on relies on the website, it does not support UHD/HLG either. Once the Beeb decide to offer UHD on the website, I'll be happy to look into integrating it in the add-on.
(2022-09-12, 22:46)chrissxuk Wrote: [ -> ]Any ideas why everything I watch is SD 480? I am using Kodi 19.3 on an Android TV. iPlayer version 4.0.5.
Most likely inputstream.adaptive thinks that your connection is too slow. Try increasing the min/max bandwidth settings in the inputstream.adaptive settings.

Other than that, inputstream.adaptive should improve quality over time (after watching several programmes) until it hits your connection limit. The process is far from foolproof and I still hope that inputstream.adaptive will support true variable bitrate in the future. This is beyond the scope of this add-on, though.
(2022-09-17, 11:07)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-09-12, 22:46)chrissxuk Wrote: [ -> ]Any ideas why everything I watch is SD 480? I am using Kodi 19.3 on an Android TV. iPlayer version 4.0.5.
Most likely inputstream.adaptive thinks that your connection is too slow. Try increasing the min/max bandwidth settings in the inputstream.adaptive settings.

Other than that, inputstream.adaptive should improve quality over time (after watching several programmes) until it hits your connection limit. The process is far from foolproof and I still hope that inputstream.adaptive will support true variable bitrate in the future. This is beyond the scope of this add-on, though.

I am not actually sure what I should put in those settings, by default they are 0. I tried 6500000 max just because I read someone suggest it in another thread and my resolution improved from 480 to 720. I then tried 2500000 and it was 540. I put back to default and it was now 720 there whereas it was always 480 before.
(2022-09-17, 22:06)chrissxuk Wrote: [ -> ]I am not actually sure what I should put in those settings, by default they are 0. I tried 6500000 max just because I read someone suggest it in another thread and my resolution improved from 480 to 720. I then tried 2500000 and it was 540. I put back to default and it was now 720 there whereas it was always 480 before.

That sounds just like Inputstream.adaptive magic.

Seriously, it should have improved to 720 sooner or later on its own.
This may or may not be an iPlayerWWW problem.
After watching or a significant time, usually several days, on and off, the stream begins to "buffer" quite badly, freezes, slow motion, speeds up to catch up, maybe ok for a few seconds, then problems reoccur.

This is on an R-Pi running OSMC.

I can "fix" the problem by rebooting the device. It then behaves well for some time.
I am using a VPN - Wireguard to a system in the UK. I get download speeds of ~ 200mbps. The Wireguard connection is in the router, which simply routs packets from the R-Pi IP address over that link.
Obviously, rebooting the R-Pi doesn't affect the VPN, and it all works fine when it comes back up. So I am pretty sure the network is not the issue.

Anyone else seen this? Suggestions??
(2022-09-26, 04:10)PhilipPeake Wrote: [ -> ]I am using a VPN -
How does it work without the VPN?
We don't provide support for VPN issues.
Trying to watch live tv (any channel) -

2022-10-04 18:12:18.725 T:20415 ERROR <general>: AddOnLog: inputstream.adaptive: Download failed with error 404: https://vs-cmaf-push-uk-live.akamaized.n...568613.m4s
2022-10-04 18:12:29.289 T:20415 ERROR <general>: Skipped 9 duplicate messages..
2022-10-04 18:12:29.289 T:20415 ERROR <general>: AddOnLog: inputstream.adaptive: Download failed with error 404: https://vs-cmaf-push-uk-live.akamaized.n...568613.m4s
2022-10-04 18:12:29.429 T:20417 ERROR <general>: AddOnLog: inputstream.adaptive: Download failed with error 404: https://vs-cmaf-push-uk-live.akamaized.n...568613.m4s
2022-10-04 18:12:40.486 T:20417 ERROR <general>: Skipped 9 duplicate messages..
2022-10-04 18:12:40.486 T:20417 ERROR <general>: AddOnLog: inputstream.adaptive: Download failed with error 404: https://vs-cmaf-push-uk-live.akamaized.n...568613.m4s
@YeahWhatever

Cloudfront streams work for me. Haven't used Akamai for a while.
... And Akamai work as well. Maybe @CaptainT can confirm.
Does 4k work in the UHD TRIAL section for live 4k content?
No. The add-on streams come from the web site and the 4K streams are not available there.
(2022-10-05, 11:29)OTinley Wrote: [ -> ]No. The add-on streams come from the web site and the 4K streams are not available there.

I remember that the last World Cup could be seen in UHD in addon iplayer

this World Cup can not be seen in UHD in the addon??
Not in the current form, no.