Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-06-30, 18:46)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't actually had a chance to look at an HDR or even UHD TV.
Is HDR actually noticeably better or is it like an audiophile placebo that you can't tell the difference in ABX testing?
To me it is a massive difference. If you look at the World Cup, a lot of the images, which is totally overexposed in SDR still has nice details in HDR. Blue Planet II was even more impressive in monochromatic scenes.
WorldCup4k questions:

Hi, I have browsed through the thread, but still yet to get world cup work, appreciate if anyone can advise.

Things I have done:

Installed Leia Beta 2 (Tried both win10 and Nvidia Shield)
Installed iPlayer add-on (BBC One live works in both)
Installed You tube add-on, enable MPEG-DASH inside You tube add-on setting
Enable InputStream adaptive in My add-on
Set Stream selection to Manual
Created strm file with following content (tried to replace 05 with 01):
#KODIPROP:inputstreamaddon=inputstream.adaptive
#KODIPROP:inputstream.adaptive.manifest_type=mpd
http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/man...eam_05.mpd

Saved the above as *.strm, select the file to play in video section.

Result:
App crash and close, both in win10 and in Nvidia Shield

I tried to play the strm in VLC via open network stream:
Title changed to "BBC UHD" for One second -> ended, nothing play

Can anyone give me a direction of what went wrong?

Million thanks!
My streams are stuck at 704x396. How can I improve them?

I'm running Kodi 17.6 on a WeTek box and the latest version of the plugin.

I've tried the DASH and HLS settings, manually set the bitrate. I've got 200Mbps broadband, so I don't think it is a bandwidth issue.

Any idea? I just want 1080p - nothing fancy.
(2018-07-01, 19:53)edent Wrote: [ -> ]My streams are stuck at 704x396. How can I improve them?

I've tried the DASH and HLS settings, manually set the bitrate. I've got 200Mbps broadband, so I don't think it is a bandwidth issue.

If we are talking regular streams (not the 4K trial): there is no 1080p. The highest quality is 720p. That is still a long way from 704x396.

Please switch to HLS and disable Autoplay. This will give you a manual selection of streams. Try those at 5.5Mbps, that's 720p.
(2018-07-01, 21:39)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-01, 19:53)edent Wrote: [ -> ]My streams are stuck at 704x396. How can I improve them?

If we are talking regular streams (not the 4K trial): there is no 1080p. The highest quality is 720p. That is still a long way from 704x396.

Please switch to HLS and disable Autoplay. This will give you a manual selection of streams. Try those at 5.5Mbps, that's 720p.  

Yes - BBC iPlayer SDR HD stuff tops out at 720p50 (~5.3Mbs)  This is H264/AVC codec with Rec 709 colour gamut, with an SDR EOTF (Rec.1886 I guess)  There is no 1080p stream as the BBC don't run 1080p as an HD standard.  The BBC run 1080i internally for HD (1080p25 stuff is treated as psf effectively) and so 720p50 makes sense as a pragmatic choice for a progressive equivalent (as interlaced streams don't work in a PC/Tablet/Smartphone environment)

The BBC iPlayer UHD HDR DASH stuff is running with 2160p50 at 36Mbs, 1440p50 at 17Mbs, 1080p50 at 10Mbs and 720p50 at 7Mbs.  This is H265/HEVC codec with Rec 2020 colour gamut and a Rec 2100 HDR HLG EOTF.
If anyone is interested - Wimbledon Centre Court is on "World Cup Trial" UHD Stream 3 at the moment and looks cracking.  Centre Court in the sunshine looks amazing in HDR.  Arguably better than most of the World Cup stuff we've seen so far in HDR terms.
(2018-06-25, 00:45)Speedydowt Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

Fantastic job getting the bbc world
Cup 4K streams to work with Kodi! I love the iplayer add on too.
I’ve managed to get the bbc World Cup 4K stream to work perfectly on Kodi installed on to a nvidia shield. I can change the resolution of the stream to 4K no problem. I’m using stream 05 as a test here.
I don’t however see my 4K HDR tv display the signal it’s receving is HDR. I can see the tv is receiving an HDR signal when playing HDR movies via Plex on the shield so I know it’s not HDCP/HDMI related.
Just wanted to clarify with those who’ve got the bbc uhd World Cup streams working via Kodi that they are also able to get them to display HDR also?
I’m using the nightly build 18 of kodi just FYI

Thanks all

Hi Speedy,

Can you please share what steps you took to get it running on the nvidia shield?
I have installed Leia nightly 62bit, and the addon on to my shield running Oreo.Whenever I select a stream in the UHD trial folder I get,  the cogs for a fraction of a second followed by the time shifting to the middle top of the screen and then back to the UHD trial folder. I have tried all combinations of HLS and DASH, limelight and Akami and get the same every time.

Thanks,

Rob
(2018-07-02, 14:57)narkedshark Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-25, 00:45)Speedydowt Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

Fantastic job getting the bbc world
Cup 4K streams to work with Kodi! I love the iplayer add on too.
I’ve managed to get the bbc World Cup 4K stream to work perfectly on Kodi installed on to a nvidia shield. I can change the resolution of the stream to 4K no problem. I’m using stream 05 as a test here.
I don’t however see my 4K HDR tv display the signal it’s receving is HDR. I can see the tv is receiving an HDR signal when playing HDR movies via Plex on the shield so I know it’s not HDCP/HDMI related.
Just wanted to clarify with those who’ve got the bbc uhd World Cup streams working via Kodi that they are also able to get them to display HDR also?
I’m using the nightly build 18 of kodi just FYI

Thanks all

Hi Speedy,

Can you please share what steps you took to get it running on the nvidia shield?
I have installed Leia nightly 62bit, and the addon on to my shield running Oreo.Whenever I select a stream in the UHD trial folder I get,  the cogs for a fraction of a second followed by the time shifting to the middle top of the screen and then back to the UHD trial folder. I have tried all combinations of HLS and DASH, limelight and Akami and get the same every time.

Thanks,

Rob

Hi rob,

Yeah no problem,

I struggled with this for a while also.

Installing the add on isn’t enough. You need to go to “add ons” then something like “list all add ons”

From there look for the “input stream adaptive” add on and enable it.

Also in the input stream adaptive add on settings change the resolution from automatic to manual. This will allow you to manually select the 4K option when you get the stream working under video options.

Sorry this is a really brief overview- sat here in bed on my iPhone- let me know if you get stuck and I’ll go through the steps and type them out on here for you.

Cheers
Tom
I've just updated to the newest Beta but cannot see anything in the UHD Trial folders.

There's a match currently on Centre Court, is anyone seeing it in UHD?

Apologies, it's not on Centre Court, those matches don't start until 1pm.

Is there any other way of testing whether the 4k is working?  Is Blue Planet II available somewhere?
(2018-07-03, 13:12)Tyler Durden Wrote: [ -> ]I've just updated to the newest Beta but cannot see anything in the UHD Trial folders.

There's a match currently on Centre Court, is anyone seeing it in UHD?

Apologies, it's not on Centre Court, those matches don't start until 1pm.

Is there any other way of testing whether the 4k is working?  Is Blue Planet II available somewhere?
The Betas can clog up your Kodi installation. Try deleting the add-on and then installing the beta again.

Blue Planet II is no longer available in UHD, so the trial streams are your best bet.
I made sure that I uninstalled the previous add on before installing the latest.
The Centre Court match has now started but the 5 UHD Test folders are all still empty.
Is there something else I need to do?
(2018-07-03, 14:10)Tyler Durden Wrote: [ -> ]I made sure that I uninstalled the previous add on before installing the latest.
The Centre Court match has now started but the 5 UHD Test folders are all still empty.
Stream 3 has shown Wimbledon for me so far.
Stream 1 is the football Swe vs Swi right now
Stream 5 seems to typically always be up as a test, some cup final iirc.
(2018-07-03, 14:10)Tyler Durden Wrote: [ -> ]I made sure that I uninstalled the previous add on before installing the latest.
Not sure if this makes a difference, but please check settings that you selected DASH as the stream source.

Also, please let us know which version of Kodi and inputstream.adaptive you are using.
Hi Tom,

Thanks that was the issue now it is working.

Excellent addon many thanks.

R.
(2018-07-03, 16:22)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
Not sure if this makes a difference, but please check settings that you selected DASH as the stream source.

Also, please let us know which version of Kodi and inputstream.adaptive you are using.

I have changed the iplayer add on stream setting to dash (no other changes have been made)
I have version 2.2.23.0 of inputstream.adaptive installed (default settings) on Kodi 18.
I'm using a Minix U9-H device with the latest official Corelec build. 8.90.4 (9.0).

Thanks in advance for any help.