Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-02-28, 18:12)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]Live HD TV is back if anyone wants to beta test it for me: https://github.com/primaeval/plugin.video.iplayerwww

Tried and test here in the UK, working great.

Big thanks Smile
(2016-02-28, 18:12)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]Live HD TV is back if anyone wants to beta test it for me: https://github.com/primaeval/plugin.video.iplayerwww

Works great in Germany using Smart DNS.

Thanks

This has been working great! Thank you so much.
Well I had it working by selecting a lower bit rate anyway. The update works but is still only SD. I'm not seeing the channel Icons anymore but hopefully this will be fixed with the official update?
(2016-02-29, 16:21)PatrickJB Wrote: [ -> ]Well I had it working by selecting a lower bit rate anyway. The update works but is still only SD. I'm not seeing the channel Icons anymore but hopefully this will be fixed with the official update?

Try changing the Live Bitrate in the settings. There was an intermediate update that had the maximum bitrate set to 1.7 Mbps before I found the new HD streams. The channel icons look ok for me. Try a new download. I am not updating version numbers after every commit. You might have to manually tidy up your addons directory for old versions. Or you can wait for an official update.
(2016-02-29, 16:33)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]Try changing the Live Bitrate in the settings. There was an intermediate update that had the maximum bitrate set to 1.7 Mbps before I found the new HD streams. The channel icons look ok for me. Try a new download. I am not updating version numbers after every commit. You might have to manually tidy up your addons directory for old versions. Or you can wait for an official update.

It is the 20.2 version that has the new streams? I uninstalled rebooted and reinstalled and it still is showing SD streams for live stuff! Tried changing bit rate, still only SD. The icons are there on the addon but can't get the news channel icon to appear on my favs, which isn't a big deal. Hmm anyway if it's the way it is then that's OK as it's still better than some of the other crappy streams and the catch-up is still in HD 720.

Thanks for your work.

EDIT, Got the icons back on my favs but still no HD on live TV. By the way I'm in the UK and using OpenELEC, Kazaq's latest MXQ build.
(2016-02-29, 07:59)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-29, 06:43)stammie Wrote: [ -> ]

Many thanks, working well as long as limelight is selected for the live CDN

That is wierd because the Live Source is ignored at the moment. I only saw Akamai streams for my tests. Could you post a link of the actual stream that was played from your log file.

I take it back, when I tried it yesterday on two boxes I had to change the live source from any to Limelight or I got a script error, all seems to be working as it was previously on any now.
(2016-02-29, 16:58)PatrickJB Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-29, 16:33)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]Try changing the Live Bitrate in the settings. There was an intermediate update that had the maximum bitrate set to 1.7 Mbps before I found the new HD streams. The channel icons look ok for me. Try a new download. I am not updating version numbers after every commit. You might have to manually tidy up your addons directory for old versions. Or you can wait for an official update.

It is the 20.2 version that has the new streams? I uninstalled rebooted and reinstalled and it still is showing SD streams for live stuff! Tried changing bit rate, still only SD. The icons are there on the addon but can't get the news channel icon to appear on my favs, which isn't a big deal. Hmm anyway if it's the way it is then that's OK as it's still better than some of the other crappy streams and the catch-up is still in HD 720.

Thanks for your work.

EDIT, Got the icons back on my favs but still no HD on live TV. By the way I'm in the UK and using OpenELEC, Kazaq's latest MXQ build.

Try uninstalling what you have first. Then re-download the zip from my github and make sure you install that exact zip file. The version number should show 2.1.0 at the moment. Sometimes an automatic Kodi update overwrites a manually installed version.
(2016-02-29, 17:19)stammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-29, 07:59)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-29, 06:43)stammie Wrote: [ -> ]Many thanks, working well as long as limelight is selected for the live CDN

That is wierd because the Live Source is ignored at the moment. I only saw Akamai streams for my tests. Could you post a link of the actual stream that was played from your log file.

I take it back, when I tried it yesterday on two boxes I had to change the live source from any to Limelight or I got a script error, all seems to be working as it was previously on any now.

I temporarily changed the format of the Live Bitrate setting which might have messed up your settings. Try changing them or press Defaults if things don't appear to work properly.
(2016-02-29, 17:40)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-29, 16:58)PatrickJB Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks for your work.

Try uninstalling what you have first. Then re-download the zip from my github and make sure you install that exact zip file. The version number should show 2.1.0 at the moment. Sometimes an automatic Kodi update overwrites a manually installed version.

OK, did that and I'm on version 2.1.0 but still all the live streams are in SD! Catch-up is fine, 720. Hmm, well let#s not worry about it, if others are having problems then I'm sure you'll hear from them. Hey maybe something will click at my end and it'll start working.

Anyway thanks again.
(2016-02-29, 18:06)PatrickJB Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-29, 17:40)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-29, 16:58)PatrickJB Wrote: [ -> ]It is the 20.2 version that has the new streams? I uninstalled rebooted and reinstalled and it still is showing SD streams for live stuff! Tried changing bit rate, still only SD. The icons are there on the addon but can't get the news channel icon to appear on my favs, which isn't a big deal. Hmm anyway if it's the way it is then that's OK as it's still better than some of the other crappy streams and the catch-up is still in HD 720.

Thanks for your work.

OK, did that and I'm on version 2.1.0 but still all the live streams are in SD! Catch-up is fine, 720. Hmm, well let#s not worry about it, if others are having problems then I'm sure you'll hear from them. Hey maybe something will click at my end and it'll start working.

Anyway thanks again.

Could you tell me what bitrates you see if you turn off autoplay completely.
@PatrickJB Are you sure you grabbed the zip from my repo and not the main one?
https://github.com/primaeval/plugin.video.iplayerwww
(2016-02-29, 18:06)PatrickJB Wrote: [ -> ]OK, did that and I'm on version 2.1.0 but still all the live streams are in SD! Catch-up is fine, 720. Hmm, well let#s not worry about it, if others are having problems then I'm sure you'll hear from them. Hey maybe something will click at my end and it'll start working.

Anyway thanks again.

Whilst your problem is different from my initial problem with this update it might be worth trying what I did, go into the addon settings and under streams change the Live CDN source to Limelight, after doing this then playing some streams I've been able to revert back to my previous settings
OK, tried that and strangely whatever rate I select they are all the same quality! Seems as if something has got stuck in my system. I'll play with it and get back to you if I get it to work, err or not! Oh and one thing I did notice it asks me at the bottom of the main page to "Sign out BBCiD" when I've never signed in, ever!
(2016-02-29, 18:13)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]@PatrickJB Are you sure you grabbed the zip from my repo and not the main one?
https://github.com/primaeval/plugin.video.iplayerwww
Yes I got the zip from that link.

(2016-02-29, 18:17)stammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-29, 18:06)PatrickJB Wrote: [ -> ]OK, did that and I'm on version 2.1.0 but still all the live streams are in SD! Catch-up is fine, 720. Hmm, well let#s not worry about it, if others are having problems then I'm sure you'll hear from them. Hey maybe something will click at my end and it'll start working.

Anyway thanks again.

Whilst your problem is different from my initial problem with this update it might be worth trying what I did, go into the addon settings and under streams change the Live CDN source to Limelight, after doing this then playing some streams I've been able to revert back to my previous settings

I tried that and it doesn't make a difference.