Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-10-24, 20:52)PhilipPeake Wrote: [ -> ]Using version 4.0 of the plugin on latest version of OSMC.
Has been working fine. Today it fails. Tried an uninstall/install - no change.

Log: https://paste.kodi.tv/movawopaga.kodi

========= IGNORE THIS ========

It's working ok on my Kodi install on my Macbook. Has to be a problem with OSMC ...

Latest OSMC works fine for me on PI4 and PI3 streaming BBC. Can't get either Matrix or Nexus to work on  x86-64 linux. Weird isn't it.
(2021-10-25, 00:34)mikebooth76 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-10-24, 20:52)PhilipPeake Wrote: [ -> ]Using version 4.0 of the plugin on latest version of OSMC.
Has been working fine. Today it fails. Tried an uninstall/install - no change.

Log: https://paste.kodi.tv/movawopaga.kodi

========= IGNORE THIS ========

It's working ok on my Kodi install on my Macbook. Has to be a problem with OSMC ...

Latest OSMC works fine for me on PI4 and PI3 streaming BBC. Can't get either Matrix or Nexus to work on  x86-64 linux. Weird isn't it.

It ended up working after a reboot. Well, mostly. Live TV works, but the recorded program my wife wanted to watch refuses to play. I will dig into that later.
I have two Kodi 19 devices where the "Red Button" is missing from the main menu even though it's enabled as a main-menu item in the add-on configuration. My K18 device is fine.

Red button entry in menu is missing from the following devices:
Shield, Kodi 19.3, add-on version 4.0.0
Vero (OSMC), Kodi 19.3, add-on version 4.0.0

Red button is present on the following
Pi 3B, LibreElec Kodi 18.9, add-on version 3.0.52

I would really like to get this working on my Kodi 19.x devices, any advice appreciated.
(2021-12-01, 00:21)ac16161 Wrote: [ -> ]I have two Kodi 19 devices where the "Red Button" is missing from the main menu even though it's enabled as a main-menu item in the add-on configuration. My K18 device is fine.

Red button entry in menu is missing from the following devices:
Shield, Kodi 19.3, add-on version 4.0.0
Vero (OSMC), Kodi 19.3, add-on version 4.0.0

Red button is present on the following
Pi 3B, LibreElec Kodi 18.9, add-on version 3.0.52

I would really like to get this working on my Kodi 19.x devices, any advice appreciated.

Red Button is broken on 4.x and therefore has been removed from the menu. It is unclear if it will come back, right now I don‘t think so.
thanks for clarifying. Is there an unbroken version of the add-on that works with Kodi 19? If so, can a link be provided to the last good version so I can install manually?

Is my working 3.0.52 version likely to be the last one for K18 in which case I don't need to worry about the broken version being installed on that device if I don't update to Kodi 19?
(2021-12-01, 17:11)ac16161 Wrote: [ -> ]thanks for clarifying. Is there an unbroken version of the add-on that works with Kodi 19? If so, can a link be provided to the last good version so I can install manually?

Is my working 3.0.52 version likely to be the last one for K18 in which case I don't need to worry about the broken version being installed on that device if I don't update to Kodi 19?

There is currently no version for Kodi 19 that would support Red Button.

As for Kodi 18: My intention was to end support for it at the end of this year. If something breaks before that, I will attempt to fix it. After that, only Kodi 19 will be supported, and the add-on will most likely get a small overhaul anyways to comply with latest Kodi repo requirements. This will include moving the icons to a separate add-on and changing the settings format.
@CaptainT

Just to save me looking through 173 pages of thread, what is the latest version and where is the best place to get it.  Is it the Kodi Repo, github, where is the latest version available for download?

Thanks
(2021-12-01, 19:01)barney63 Wrote: [ -> ]@CaptainT

Just to save me looking through 173 pages of thread, what is the latest version and where is the best place to get it.  Is it the Kodi Repo, github, where is the latest version available for download?

Thanks

The Kodi repo is the best place to get the latest version. Just grab whatever the repo offers for your version of Kodi.
Thanks, appreciate it
I am a complete novice with Kodi and related software. I have an Odroid N2 I bought purely to have a small box to use with a dumb tv to watch BBC iplayer and Portuguese RTP. Both worked fine till January this year, when the iplayer stopped working, I believe after an automatic upgrade. RTP still works.

Symptoms: the iplayer-ww radio channels from music addons work as before. If I select iplayer-www from video-addons I get the page heading "TV shows/iPlayer WWW:Watched", with an empty folder display, just containing the two dots ..  Click on these, and I am sent to the Videos/Add-ons page. There are no other options.

System: Libreelec with Kodi 19.4-Matrix_rc2, iplayer-www 4.0.1.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Graham
(2022-02-03, 19:41)marinheiro Wrote: [ -> ]I am a complete novice with Kodi and related software. I have an Odroid N2 I bought purely to have a small box to use with a dumb tv to watch BBC iplayer and Portuguese RTP. Both worked fine till January this year, when the iplayer stopped working, I believe after an automatic upgrade. RTP still works.

Symptoms: the iplayer-ww radio channels from music addons work as before. If I select iplayer-www from video-addons I get the page heading "TV shows/iPlayer WWW:Watched", with an empty folder display, just containing the two dots ..  Click on these, and I am sent to the Videos/Add-ons page. There are no other options.

System: Libreelec with Kodi 19.4-Matrix_rc2, iplayer-www 4.0.1.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Graham

Sounds like a bad install. Try completely removing and then reinstalling the add-on.
Thanks CaptainT (and thanks for the software itself). I tried an uninstall/reinstall but no change. I guess I'll try a Coreelec/Kodi reinstall from  the ground up next (also because my root pw stopped being accepted, which is a little scary when I don't know why)
Started from scratch, but still the same problem. This time I noticed that the first time I run the add-on after installation, it displays the warning box 'To watch iPlayer TV content legally, you need a UK TV licence', before redirecting me to the empty folder display. I never see the warning box again. This happens whether I leave all the configurations settings untouched, or set BBC iD on, set username and password, and sign in automatically on. I've checked that signing in to the BBC's own web interface with this username and password works ok. I have also tried with the Coreelec firewall turned off (I usually have it on 'home').

I'm also struggling to get any debug output: I can set system/logging/debug logging on, but all that seems to do is print something like the first line from 'top' across the top of the screen. Nothing gets dumped to /var/log/

Graham
(2022-02-05, 17:06)marinheiro Wrote: [ -> ]Started from scratch, but still the same problem. This time I noticed that the first time I run the add-on after installation, it displays the warning box 'To watch iPlayer TV content legally, you need a UK TV licence', before redirecting me to the empty folder display. I never see the warning box again. This happens whether I leave all the configurations settings untouched, or set BBC iD on, set username and password, and sign in automatically on. I've checked that signing in to the BBC's own web interface with this username and password works ok. I have also tried with the Coreelec firewall turned off (I usually have it on 'home').

I'm also struggling to get any debug output: I can set system/logging/debug logging on, but all that seems to do is print something like the first line from 'top' across the top of the screen. Nothing gets dumped to /var/log/

Graham
The warning box will only show up once on a fresh install. No worries about that.

Other than that, I honestly have no idea what is going wrong in this case. I can just say that it works for me on 19.3. It sounds a bit like the main menu was not properly initialized, but I have no idea why.

Can you try accessing it via Add-ons->My add-ons->Video add-ons->iPlayer WWW->Open, please? In this case, you should get a menu which lists Video and Radio main menu entries. Video will be prefixed "iPlayer:" while Radio will show up as "Radio:".

Are your running any particular skin which may interfere here?
I go straight from iplayer-WWW->Open to the empty directory, with a folder symbol with large left arrow on the left, without ever seeing the menu you describe.

I am not running any skins or anything; this is an absolutely out-of-the-box setup. All I have ever changed is to add or delete a few video add-ons.

Graham