Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2022-02-07, 12:08)marinheiro Wrote: [ -> ]Found the log:

https://paste.kodi.tv/ubajaheror.kodi

Graham

Except for a couple of (IMHO harmless) missing settings, everything looks fine. I don‘t have the slightest clue what is happening on your system.

Also, please confirm that When you start the add-on from the „My add-ons“ menu on settings (see previous post), you are not getting any Radio entries either?
Quote:Also, please confirm that When you start the add-on from the „My add-ons“ menu on settings (see previous post), you are not getting any Radio entries either?

Confirming that when I start iplayer-WWW from the 'open' option, I do not see any video or radio main menu entries at all, just the two dots (I think there may be a redirect in-between selecting 'open' and reaching this screen; there does seem to be a brief flash but too quick for me to see if there is anything displayed or its just a plain green screen). If I then select the two dots, I get a list: Files, Playlists, Video add-ons. The 'Video add-ons' leads correctly to the list of video add-ons I have installed. Files and Playlists are both empty, as I would expect. At no point does following this route give me any radio options.

If instead I follow the sequence Add-ons->Music Add-ons->iPlayer-WWW then I do reach the iPlayer-WWW radio list, headed by 'Listen live', which works fine.
I have just installed the Netflix addon and found I have a similar problem to the one I have with the iplayer-WWW. In the case of Netflix, I do get to see the lists of videos available, but get sent to an empty 'Watched' folder as soon as I select one, rather than before I've even seen the lists as I do with the iplayer addon.

So, I guess my problem is not with the iplayer-WWW addon itself, but with Kodi. I have put an identical setup (ie same addons and configuration) on my (ubuntu) laptop, and everything works fine. So the problem is something to do with Kodi + Coreelec? or Kodi + amslogic? Not sure which forum to move this problem to!
Hi folks, due to my deafness I rely on subtitles....but subtitles aren't showing up on Iplayer www even I enabled subtitles on in settings, had no plm in the past till now. Wonder if anyone has same plm? Many thanks 😊
@CaptainT  - any thoughts on attempting to access the 1080p50 streams that have appeared on Iplayer? Get-Iplayer can now do this, and it looks like it does so by generating a 1080p url if the programme has a 720p50 stream. From the changelog:
Quote:EXPERIMENTAL: Full HD streams (1080p)
Before anyone asks: UHD 4k streams are still not available to get_iplayer.

get_iplayer now attempts to generate 1920x1080@50 ("fhd") stream URLs for every programme that has 1280x720@50 ("hd") streams (so no audiodescribed programmes). The purpose of these 1080p streams is not known. They may be used for some smart TVs or set-top boxes, or they may be a BBC experiment.
Would be great if we had the option of using these streams, if they exist.
(2022-02-19, 01:15)Gazzi79 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi folks, due to my deafness I rely on subtitles....but subtitles aren't showing up on Iplayer www even I enabled subtitles on in settings, had no plm in the past till now. Wonder if anyone has same plm? Many thanks 😊

I had the same issue. Tried different things including creating iplayer.srt in userdata folder.Nothing worked.

Finally found the issue. The latest version in settings.xml subtitle is spelt incorrectly.

​​​​​​Fixed the spelling and works fine. Probably only affects fresh installations installing latest version for the first time.
So do I need to install addon again for subtitles to work? Cheers man
I can see subtitles spelling is wrong but I don't have access to change it because its xbox. :-(
(2022-03-05, 20:39)Gazzi79 Wrote: [ -> ]I can see subtitles spelling is wrong but I don't have access to change it because its xbox. :-(
You need to request the developer to fix it. Then uninstall the addon and reinstall the fixed version. 

Updating will not replace the settings.xml file.

You can download the source, fix the spelling on a pc and repack and install if your xbox allows sideloading. Not sure but someone more knowledgeable may be able to help.
Yes, hopefully the developer seen it and be able to fix it. Who's the developer of the addon? Many thanks
(2022-03-05, 21:56)Gazzi79 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, hopefully the developer seen it and be able to fix it. Who's the developer of the addon? Many thanks

That would be me. Sorry to keep you waiting on such a simple bugfix. I did not receive any forum notifications recently, so I was unaware of this issue. I will release a bugfix in the course of this week. Just to be sure, please confirm you are using version 4.0.1 of the add-on.

Edit: Fix has been submitted to the official repo. It should automatically arrive on your system within a week. If it still does not work, please reply here and make sure to mention me or quote one of my messages. I should get a notification then.
(2022-03-03, 12:09)renzz Wrote: [ -> ]@CaptainT  - any thoughts on attempting to access the 1080p50 streams that have appeared on Iplayer? Get-Iplayer can now do this, and it looks like it does so by generating a 1080p url if the programme has a 720p50 stream. From the changelog:
Quote:EXPERIMENTAL: Full HD streams (1080p)
Before anyone asks: UHD 4k streams are still not available to get_iplayer.

get_iplayer now attempts to generate 1920x1080@50 ("fhd") stream URLs for every programme that has 1280x720@50 ("hd") streams (so no audiodescribed programmes). The purpose of these 1080p streams is not known. They may be used for some smart TVs or set-top boxes, or they may be a BBC experiment.
Would be great if we had the option of using these streams, if they exist.

Thanks for your suggestion. It is certainly possible to integrate these streams, but I won‘t do it.

The add-on did use „unofficial“ streams in the past, and it was a constant cause of problems that were hard to impossible to duplicate. They worked for some users, but not for others. Since I switched to using exactly the same streams as the website, all of these problems disappeared completely.

I would rather sacrifice a feature for the sake of stability.
(2022-03-07, 15:03)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-03-05, 21:56)Gazzi79 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, hopefully the developer seen it and be able to fix it. Who's the developer of the addon? Many thanks

That would be me. Sorry to keep you waiting on such a simple bugfix. I did not receive any forum notifications recently, so I was unaware of this issue. I will release a bugfix in the course of this week. Just to be sure, please confirm you are using version 4.0.1 of the add-on.

Edit: Fix has been submitted to the official repo. It should automatically arrive on your system within a week. If it still does not work, please reply here and make sure to mention me or quote one of my messages. I should get a notification then.

Hi, I can confirm I using 4.0.1 version and thanks for sorting it out.Will wait for it. 🙂
(2022-03-07, 15:03)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]

Hey just to let you know that the subtitles is working on new version and Thank you much appreciated 😊

Gaz