Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm on Kodi 19, android TV (Nvidia shield), add-on version 4.02.

I also only get SD... I tried 2500000 (?) as min bandwidth in the inputstream adaptive (?) add-on, bit it doesn't help. Any ideas?
(2022-03-16, 23:45)diodorus Wrote: [ -> ]I'm on Kodi 19, android TV (Nvidia shield), add-on version 4.02.

I also only get SD... I tried 2500000 (?) as min bandwidth in the inputstream adaptive (?) add-on, bit it doesn't help. Any ideas?

Actually I reverted to default settings for the inputstream add-on, and it now plays at 720.
Is it a known thing that live channels aren't working using Kodi 19.4 and this add-on (v. 4.0.2)? I can watch yesterday's Peaky Blinders but can't watch today's news (for example). There's no error, it simply doesn't play.

On my other system (Kodi 18), that is working, I have HLS selected as the stream protocol. On the v19 box I don't have the possibility to select the protocol. Is that "normal"?
(2022-03-21, 23:22)YeahWhatever Wrote: [ -> ]Is it a known thing that live channels aren't working using Kodi 19.4 and this add-on (v. 4.0.2)? I can watch yesterday's Peaky Blinders but can't watch today's news (for example). There's no error, it simply doesn't play.

On my other system (Kodi 18), that is working, I have HLS selected as the stream protocol. On the v19 box I don't have the possibility to select the protocol. Is that "normal"?

That should not be the case. Can you try disabling autoplay, and see if you get a selection of different streams when you select, e.g. BBC One, please? If so, try all of them if at least one plays.

Let me know the results.

I‘ll try to take a look this evening myself, but first it is time for work.
If I understood correctly what you asked me to do, it didn't work. There are two sections: "Video settings" and "Radio settings", and in the former I only have "Catchup CDN source", "Live CDN source", and "Subtitle CDN source" (in other words, "Stream protocol", "Catchup bitrate", and "Live bitrate" are all missing but are present in the older version I have on my other system).
I'm running iPlayer 4.0.2 with Kodi 19.4 on Windows, and the live streams are playing ok.
(2022-03-22, 07:50)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-03-21, 23:22)YeahWhatever Wrote: [ -> ]Is it a known thing that live channels aren't working using Kodi 19.4 and this add-on (v. 4.0.2)? I can watch yesterday's Peaky Blinders but can't watch today's news (for example). There's no error, it simply doesn't play.

That should not be the case. Can you try disabling autoplay, and see if you get a selection of different streams when you select, e.g. BBC One, please? If so, try all of them if at least one plays.

Let me know the results.

I‘ll try to take a look this evening myself, but first it is time for work.

Just checking myself, and live TV works fine. It is just that there appear to be only Akamai and Cloudfront streams available at the moment. In case you selected Autoplay limited to Limelight in settings that might explain why it does not play on your end.
(2022-03-22, 18:52)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]Just checking myself, and live TV works fine. It is just that there appear to be only Akamai and Cloudfront streams available at the moment. In case you selected Autoplay limited to Limelight in settings that might explain why it does not play on your end.

It does for me, too. On the old version. Not on the new.

I don't know what you mean "Autoplay limited to Limelight"; until today I hadn't touched anything in the settings at all.
(2022-03-22, 22:29)YeahWhatever Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-03-22, 18:52)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]Just checking myself, and live TV works fine. It is just that there appear to be only Akamai and Cloudfront streams available at the moment. In case you selected Autoplay limited to Limelight in settings that might explain why it does not play on your end.

It does for me, too. On the old version. Not on the new.

I don't know what you mean "Autoplay limited to Limelight"; until today I hadn't touched anything in the settings at all.

It works for me on add-on version 4.0.2 and Kodi version 19.3.

If you never touched settings it should work for you as well.

Again, please try disabling Autoplay in settings and see if you can select streams manually.
(2022-03-22, 22:32)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]It works for me on add-on version 4.0.2 and Kodi version 19.3.

If you never touched settings it should work for you as well.
You'd have thought so yes.

Quote:Again, please try disabling Autoplay in settings and see if you can select streams manually.
I did, and it doesn't work with that either. I did this in both this add-on and the inputstream adaptive or whatever it's called. The latter gave me four streams to choose from, two from akamai and two from cloudfront. None of them worked.
(2022-03-23, 00:42)YeahWhatever Wrote: [ -> ]I did, and it doesn't work with that either. I did this in both this add-on and the inputstream adaptive or whatever it's called. The latter gave me four streams to choose from, two from akamai and two from cloudfront. None of them worked.

Four streams sounds correct. Those are the same I get over here. If none of them works the issue is most likely outside of the add-on.

Most likely candidates (in descending order):

1. You are not in the UK or using a VPN and something new catches that.
2. The version of inputstream adaptive you are using has a bug with live streams (has happened before).
Just to narrow down the troubleshooting, it is working for me.  I am using 19.4 on Windows, I changed my settings under Streams - Video Settings - Catchup CDN Source to Cloudfront

Previously this would return two Cloudfront streams along with Akamai streams and the second Cloudfront stream would be the only one to work.  Now both Cloudfront streams work for me

To the OP, is your user/pass for the addon ok?
(2022-03-23, 08:23)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-03-23, 00:42)YeahWhatever Wrote: [ -> ]I did, and it doesn't work with that either. I did this in both this add-on and the inputstream adaptive or whatever it's called. The latter gave me four streams to choose from, two from akamai and two from cloudfront. None of them worked.

Four streams sounds correct. Those are the same I get over here. If none of them works the issue is most likely outside of the add-on.

Most likely candidates (in descending order):

1. You are not in the UK or using a VPN and something new catches that.
Yes I am, and no I'm not.

Quote:2. The version of inputstream adaptive you are using has a bug with live streams (has happened before).

It looks like I'm sticking with Kodi 18. Because it works.
@YeahWhatever 

There is still the option to use hls-streams for live streaming over eg. simple client TV, even a 720p Stream for the red button live tv channel ;-)
@CaptainT 

Can you please fix the programme content structure, eg. if you go to Snooker World Championship- folder it starts just the latest episode and not display all episodes available. Big THX