Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm obviously missing something here, as I don't have that option?

HLS option has been removed in the latest addon versions. That would explain the discrepency.
This is the changelog for Matrix version 4.0.0~beta:

HLS streams have been removed. As a consequence, bitrate settings have been removed. Bitrate needs to be configured in inputstream.adaptive.

You can check it out here: github
Thanks @otinley Smile

So that would presumably indicate that it's using Dash, and is working fine.
(2021-04-17, 13:33)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks @otinley Smile

So that would presumably indicate that it's using Dash, and is working fine.

You are welcome @DarrenHill
Yes, DASH works for both radio and HD streams.
The only non-working one is BBC2 Scotland as the BBC seems to have removed it and now uses bbc2_england instead.
Think I finally get it. As CaptainT said when talking about version 3.0.50 Beta2 for Kodi 18, known issue was that live radio was broken for Dash. (Live TV was also supposed to be broken but that works now, presumably with the Inputstream Adaptive update.) Missed this info when I read the post.

I'll live with the limitation until I jump to Matrix.
(2021-04-17, 14:09)sonofdibnah Wrote: [ -> ]Think I finally get it. As CaptainT said when talking about version 3.0.50 Beta2 for Kodi 18, known issue was that live radio was broken for Dash. (Live TV was also supposed to be broken but that works now, presumably with the Inputstream Adaptive update.) Missed this info when I read the post.

I'll live with the limitation until I jump to Matrix.
The remark in the changelog regarding broken live radio using DASH was related to the issue in Inputstream Adaptive. It had got nothing to do with the add-on itself.

3.0.50 for Leia uses (almost) the same codebase as 4.0.0 for Matrix. Thus, if it works in Matrix, it should also work in Leia. I just tried myself in Matrix, and Live Radio worked well using IA 2.6.13. Unfortunately, I don't have any Leia installation any more, so I cannot test 3.0.50 myself.

Can you try disabling autoplay in settings please? After doing so, you should get a list of available streams after selecting a station. If that already does not work, there might really be something odd about 3.0.50. If you do get streams, but they don't play, the issue is most likely with your version of Inputstream Adaptive.
I just tested under Leia with iPlayer 3.0.50 and IA 2.4.6.1 under LibreElec, and the stream switch option (HLS/Dash) was there, and if Dash is selected then the radio streams do not play (they play fine under HLS). This was for all the stream options and rates.

@CaptainT - do you want some logs?
(2021-04-17, 17:04)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]I just tested under Leia with iPlayer 3.0.50 and IA 2.4.6.1 under LibreElec, and the stream switch option (HLS/Dash) was there, and if Dash is selected then the radio streams do not play (they play fine under HLS). This was for all the stream options and rates.

@CaptainT - do you want some logs?

Yes, please. If you already used manual stream selection (in this add-on), then the cause most likely is in IA, though.

Edit: Never mind. I took a look at the code, and found that I must have missed something when backporting. DASH is indeed broken for radio on 3.0.50.

Edit 2: Can you check if this commit fixes both HLS and DASH for you, please?

Edit 3: You will also need this commit. The first one mixes up HLS and DASH, and should break Radio altogether.
I was going to try one of the local BBC streams to see if we could watch prince Philip's funeral live this morning (US, West coast).
Don't know why, but I gave the HD BBC1 stream a quick try - and it is working!

I am using OSMC, and it is doing a lot of auto-updates, so it looks like one of them updated the streaming.

Thanks for the work on this.
Whatever you may think of the BBC, compared to what we are subject to in the US, it is amazing, and a much needed link to what will always be the homeland.
Thank you @CaptainT, If I knew how to apply the 2 commits, I'd check it for you but it's beyond my knowledge. So, I'll now keep quiet and eagerly await an add-on update to come thro.

I use an amp and the radio streams sound superb thro it.
@CaptainT - didn't seem to work unfortunately. Log is here - https://paste.kodi.tv/iluramidal.kodi

Renamed both ipwww_radio.py and ipwww_radio.pyo adding .old and copied your new file (with both commits in it) into the resources/lib folder, then rebooted and tested.

Log has attempts to open live Radio 2, first one under akamai and second under limelight (both 320k version of the streams) with Dash set in the config.

Just to ensure I've got the file set up right, this is my current ipwww_radio.py file - https://paste.kodi.tv/edatuboser.kodi

Checked the HLS stream, and that plays fine. But all of the Dash options just fail.
(2021-04-17, 18:00)PhilipPeake Wrote: [ -> ]I was going to try one of the local BBC streams to see if we could watch prince Philip's funeral live this morning (US, West coast).
Don't know why, but I gave the HD BBC1 stream a quick try - and it is working!

I am using OSMC, and it is doing a lot of auto-updates, so it looks like one of them updated the streaming.

Thanks for the work on this.
Whatever you may think of the BBC, compared to what we are subject to in the US, it is amazing, and a much needed link to what will always be the homeland.
This is not solely aimed at your post, but perhaps people should stop commenting in this thread about how they are using Kodi to watch the BBC from countries outside the UK, otherwise we might start seeing legal action which will kill the addon for everyone. Nobody needs to know that you live on the West Coast of the US, or any other part of the US or the World for that matter, or how you are circumventing geo-restrictions using VPN's or anything else that could ruin it for everybody else.

BBC iPlayer is a service paid for by UK licence payers, and not a free service which people all over the world should be freely accessing, people should remember that when posting.
(2021-04-17, 19:12)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]@CaptainT - didn't seem to work unfortunately. Log is here - https://paste.kodi.tv/iluramidal.kodi

Renamed both ipwww_radio.py and ipwww_radio.pyo adding .old and copied your new file (with both commits in it) into the resources/lib folder, then rebooted and tested.

Log has attempts to open live Radio 2, first one under akamai and second under limelight (both 320k version of the streams) with Dash set in the config.

Just to ensure I've got the file set up right, this is my current ipwww_radio.py file - https://paste.kodi.tv/edatuboser.kodi

Checked the HLS stream, and that plays fine. But all of the Dash options just fail.
Thanks for the log, it pointed me to a different direction again. The thing is this: In the past Radio did only use HLS, even if Video was set to DASH. I broke this, which means that now it seems to make a difference for Radio as well.

I pushed two more commits. If they also don't get you to a playable DASH, I guess it is easier for me to get a dual Kodi installation. Not what I was hoping for, the Python 2/3 migration really made a big mess. I hope most users migrate to Leia in the next couple of weeks.
For my tuppence, I am the only one reporting and I can live with it. I'm moving to Matrix soon but there is an issue with running Plex Media Server on Docker in CoreELEC Matrix. That's my job for tomorrow, properly reporting it.

In a nutshell, thanks for the add-on and keep up the great stuff you do on Matrix only.
(2021-04-17, 19:48)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the log, it pointed me to a different direction again. The thing is this: In the past Radio did only use HLS, even if Video was set to DASH. I broke this, which means that now it seems to make a difference for Radio as well.

I pushed two more commits. If they also don't get you to a playable DASH, I guess it is easier for me to get a dual Kodi installation. Not what I was hoping for, the Python 2/3 migration really made a big mess. I hope most users migrate to Leia in the next couple of weeks.

@CaptainT - using the current version with the two commits in, it's now just throwing a log error when you select the channel to play (before you get to the stream selection).

Log - https://paste.kodi.tv/jubiragudu.kodi

Editted to add - if you've got a Windows or MacOS machine to hand and you are going for a dual install, you can use a portable mode (wiki) install to keep things separate if you just want a dedicated working environment split off from a version to actually use.