Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2023-03-30, 14:28)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-03-29, 18:45)berkhornet Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you.
Looks like the fix was easier than I thought. 4.0.12 should bring series back to A-Z.
Many thanks for the update - the Programme List A-Z listings are now correct.

However, I have noticed the same error reported by other users that an error occurs when selecting any program from the list. I have raised issue #356 on Github, with details of the errors in the log file.

As suggested, I have tried reinstalling the addon and deleting the cookies file. One other thing that may be relevant - before trying these actions, I'm pretty sure the error didn't occur on a program that I had selected previously.

Thanks again for your help @CaptainT
(2023-03-31, 10:39)berkhornet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-03-30, 14:28)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-03-29, 18:45)berkhornet Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you.
Looks like the fix was easier than I thought. 4.0.12 should bring series back to A-Z.

However, I have noticed the same error reported by other users that an error occurs when selecting any program from the list. I have raised issue #356 on Github, with details of the errors in the log file.

As suggested, I have tried reinstalling the addon and deleting the cookies file. One other thing that may be relevant - before trying these actions, I'm pretty sure the error didn't occur on a program that I had selected previously.

Apologies, I misunderstood that the issue occurred with listings, not programmes/episodes/playables.

The error looks like it can be rectified quickly, bit I am out of town today, and will only get to fixing this on the weekend.
(2023-03-31, 11:00)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-03-31, 10:39)berkhornet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-03-30, 14:28)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like the fix was easier than I thought. 4.0.12 should bring series back to A-Z.

Apologies, I misunderstood that the issue occurred with listings, not programmes/episodes/playables.

The error looks like it can be rectified quickly, bit I am out of town today, and will only get to fixing this on the weekend.

That's great, thanks. I'm able to run some tests before you release a fix if that would help.
CaptainT, thank you for all the work you do on this very useful add-on.
Its harrowing to read that many people are having difficulty with this addon.
I am a Lucky one that for me there are NO Issues whatsoever 
All the lists are populated and all episodes & live TV working perfectly
I had used my favourites as an auto widget list and use that as a widget and dont have to enter / browse the addon at all unless exploring
The only 2 downsides are that Kodi addon on Shield and on Chromecast are not able to go beyond 720p which is a limitation I know  AND No Logo's or backgrounds
can we not try & integrate omdb or fanart.tv scraping for artwork please ?
(2023-03-31, 12:19)berkhornet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-03-31, 11:00)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-03-31, 10:39)berkhornet Wrote: [ -> ]Many thanks for the update - the Programme List A-Z listings are now correct.

That's great, thanks. I'm able to run some tests before you release a fix if that would help.

It looks like they reverted on some changes they made to the website. The new code was not error tolerant enough, yet. Hope 4.0.13 works for everyone. At least until they decide to test the next phase of changes.
(2023-04-01, 11:51)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-03-31, 12:19)berkhornet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-03-31, 11:00)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]Apologies, I misunderstood that the issue occurred with listings, not programmes/episodes/playables.

It looks like they reverted on some changes they made to the website. The new code was not error tolerant enough, yet. Hope 4.0.13 works for everyone. At least until they decide to test the next phase of changes.
@CaptainT   Many thanks - just installed 4.0.13 from Github and all working again
(2023-04-01, 00:30)shaktoo Wrote: [ -> ]Its harrowing to read that many people are having difficulty with this addon.
I had used my favourites as an auto widget list and use that as a widget and dont have to enter / browse the addon at all unless exploring
The only 2 downsides are that Kodi addon on Shield and on Chromecast are not able to go beyond 720p which is a limitation I know  AND No Logo's or backgrounds
I still don't get your point about "logo's or backgrounds". I get logos

Estuary skin:
Quartz skin:
Arctic Horizon 2 skin:

What else do you need?
Version 4.0.13 working fine for me now! Many thanks!
(2023-04-01, 12:13)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-04-01, 00:30)shaktoo Wrote: [ -> ]Its harrowing to read that many people are having difficulty with this addon.
I still don't get your point about "logo's or backgrounds". I get logos

Estuary skin:
Quartz skin:
Arctic Horizon 2 skin:

What else do you need?
These artwork 
ImageImage                    By the way i just Made these on the fly...  Big Grin
(2023-04-02, 02:00)shaktoo Wrote: [ -> ]These artwork 
ImageImage                    By the way i just Made these on the fly...  Big Grin

So instead of the original images provided by the Beeb you would like to create/search for different (more generic) images, correct?

Why? Why go through all the troubles if there are already images available? What are the advantages? Why use the same image for 10 different episodes of the same series?

To be clear: This add-on is intended as a frontend to the iPlayer website. I will not put efforts in loading/creating additional artwork to substitute what the Beeb already provide. If you want a feature like this, knock yourself out and provide a PR on Github.
Hi. BBC have confirmed to me Xbox one iplayer doesn't support uhd. Does this add on? None of the streams I've tried appear to be particularly uhd. I have read somewhere it's because xbox doesn't support hlg?
(2023-04-02, 15:17)scissors Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. BBC have confirmed to me Xbox one iplayer doesn't support uhd. Does this add on? None of the streams I've tried appear to be particularly uhd. I have read somewhere it's because xbox doesn't support hlg?

This add-on currently does not support UHD because it relies on the iPlayer website which only offers 720p at the moment.

Once the website starts to offer UHD, the add-on will support it as well.
(2023-04-02, 07:02)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]So instead of the original images provided by the Beeb you would like to create/search for different (more generic) images, correct?
  • Beeb has no clear art or Clear logos for majority of its shows. The older established shows have had artwork created by the likes of tmdb / fanart.tv. Kodi itself scrapes artwork from these sites.
(2023-04-02, 07:02)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]Why? Why go through all the troubles if there are already images available? What are the advantages? Why use the same image for 10 different episodes of the same series?
  • I think you are thinking of thumbnails for episodes 
(2023-04-02, 07:02)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]To be clear: This add-on is intended as a frontend to the iPlayer website. I will not put efforts in loading/creating additional artwork to substitute what the Beeb already provide. If you want a feature like this, knock yourself out and provide a PR on Github.

The Other frontend ( e.g Netflix) scrape these artworks ( name of show in their dedicated logo style , fanart, Clearart, Landscape images, season posters etc etc ). This has been implemented via SHS & tmdbhelper e.g in Titan Bingie Mod & Arctic Horizon 2.

Look Cap,  am not trying to rock the boat at all.
Just trying to clear some confusion you have regards artwork. 
You are thinking of Metadata  & I am talking about the fancy logo of TV Show / movie etc etc.
Certainly I am not imposing any request.. very happy for just the content being available as it is & for your hard work in achieving it an maintaining it ! 
Thanks for confirming