Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-10-01, 18:20)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-30, 20:14)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]I meant in the list of available streams so you can pick by frame rate or resolution instead of just frame rate. I know about o. Thanks.

OK, now I got it. Actually, I was more thinking about going the other way and removing the bitrate and replace it with some sort of "star" rating for different qualities.

Each bitrate just relates to one particular resolution and frame rate, I can provide a table to explain. This might take some time, though, as I will be pretty busy with work the next week or two.

Thanks. Its just to make it easy to see what your going to get from the stream. Save your energy for work. Good luck.
Hey, I tried checking this out as my nephew miss Cbeebies a lot but I am getting error in every Cbeebies I tried. I live in the US and have Kodi on fire stick.Thanks for any help.
All the BBC channels are geo-locked to UK IP addresses. So you'll need one of those (via a VPN or similar) to access them from the US.

Also CBeebies only transmits live from 6am to 7pm UK time each day.
Got it! Thanks.
Any way the episode number/date could be shown for programs? For example I was watching countryfile today and it lists the program in alpha order, but no info on when it was shown.
Has anyone here heard of DEXTER or Project Cyper ? these 2 have BBC ITV Etc ALL the UK Channels most are HD and also you DONT ned a VPN if your outside of the UK ! Smile Dont get me wrong WWW BBC Iplayer is good BUT you need a VPN outside GBritain, and them 2 above have a mass amount of channels ! !
@transam98 you should probably read the forum rules (wiki) section 2.5
I am getting a script error when trying to watch South East Today or any non-live content for that matter. Live channels are perfectly fine.
I was able to watch catch-up content up until yesterday.
Portion of the log, when attempting to watch Wayne Rooney documentary I had started to watch yesterday:

20:04:29 T:4980 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
Error Contents: list index out of range
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\oli61\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.iplayerwww-master\default.py", line 819, in <module>
AddAvailableStreamItem(name,url,iconimage,description)
File "C:\Users\oli61\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.iplayerwww-master\default.py", line 486, in AddAvailableStreamItem
PlayStream(name,match[0][2],iconimage,description,subtitles_url)
IndexError: list index out of range
-->End of Python script error report<--
20:04:29 T:6152 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.iplayerwww/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fiplayer%2Fepisode%2Fb06g67xt%2Frooney-the-man-behind-the-goals&mode=202&name=Rooney%3A+The+Man+Behind+the+Goals&iconimage=http%3A%2F%2Fichef.bbci.co.uk%2Fimages%2Fic%2F832x468%2Fp033whr4.jpg&description=Who+is+the+real+Wayne+Rooney%2C+off+the+pitch+and+away+from+the+media+spotlight%3F&subtitles_url=]
I've tried it on my PC and Nvidia Shield TV and while my PC played it ok, my shield was reeeeaaaaaallyyyyyy slooooooow when I was trying to navigate. Each time I went into a category, program listsings etc it took at least a minute to display the list. Not to mention that I wasn't able to play anything except for live tv. My PC though was able to play whatever I tried.

I was running the same version of the plugin and Kodi (15.2 RC3) so I guess the difference came from either architecture (arm64 vs x86_64) or Os (windows vs android). Is there anything I can do to help diagnose the problem?
Please , can anyone help? I can't send a personal message to developer since I do not have 10 posts yet.

Kodi 14.2 running on Windows 7 - iPlayer WWW version 1.0
-Script Error when attempting to run any catch-up content.
-Live BBC channels are fine.
Log reports list index out of range. Was working up till 10/5 and every day before that.

20:04:29 T:4980 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
Error Contents: list index out of range
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\oli61\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.iplayerwww-master\default.py", line 819, in <module>
AddAvailableStreamItem(name,url,iconimage,description)
File "C:\Users\oli61\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.iplayerwww-master\default.py", line 486, in AddAvailableStreamItem
PlayStream(name,match[0][2],iconimage,description,subtitles_url)
IndexError: list index out of range
-->End of Python script error report<--
20:04:29 T:6152 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.iplayerwww/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fiplayer%2Fepisode%2Fb06g67xt%2Frooney-the-man-behind-the-goals&mode=202&name=Rooney%3A+The+Man+Behind+the+Goals&iconimage=http%3A%2F%2Fichef.bbci.co.uk%2Fimages%2Fic%2F832x468%2Fp033whr4.j​pg&description=Who+is+the+real+Wayne+Rooney%2C+off+the+pitch+and+away+from+the+​​media+spotlight%3F&subtitles_url=]

Thanks.
(2015-10-09, 00:39)ot7849 Wrote: [ -> ]Please , can anyone help? I can't send a personal message to developer since I do not have 10 posts yet.

Kodi 14.2 running on Windows 7 - iPlayer WWW version 1.0
-Script Error when attempting to run any catch-up content.
-Live BBC channels are fine.
Log reports list index out of range. Was working up till 10/5 and every day before that.

Sorry, I am busy with work at the moment and have neither the time nor the resources to look into this matter. So a PM would not speed things up anyways. If you are lucky, I will be able to take a look sometime during the weekend, otherwise it will be more like end of next week.

Unless everyone else experiences the same problem my best guess would be that you are outside of the UK and therefore geoblocked. That does not explain why the live channels do work, perhaps there is something wrong with the geoblocking at the moment. This is out of the control of the add-on anyways.

If everyone else sees the same issue, it is likely that the Beeb changed something and without taking a closer look, I don't know how difficult it will be to fix.
Thank you for your reply.
An odd bug which has just appeared. If I go to Categories -> CBeebies, for example, rather than individual sub categories for each show there are now just one episode available per show.

If I go to A-Z listing, then letter each show appears correctly as a sub category, clicking on that then correctly makes available all episodes for that show.

Not a big error, but it does make the category option rather pointless.
(2015-10-09, 02:17)ot7849 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your reply.

You are welcome. I managed to take a quick look today. Everything works fine for me.

I updated the add-on to version 1.0.1 which should give you some more meaningful error. Please try again.
(2015-10-09, 09:28)tredman Wrote: [ -> ]An odd bug which has just appeared. If I go to Categories -> CBeebies, for example, rather than individual sub categories for each show there are now just one episode available per show.

Strange, Categories work correctly for me. For shows with multiple episodes I get sub-categories. I know that the Beeb changed their website in this respect a couple of weeks back and I already adjusted to it in one of the Betas.

Can you please check which version you are using and if the problem still persists?

If you are on any version older than 1.0.0 (no beta or rc), please update to latest version and see if this solves the problem.