Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2022-05-24, 11:48)OTinley Wrote: [ -> ]It might seem counter-intuitive but settings for bandwidth Max & Min should be set to 0
in InputStream Adaptive. You should then get the resolution of 1280x720 .

See this screenshot if you need more detail.

You will get an edit option as your post count increases.This is an anti spam feature.

Thanks the the reply. 0 is the default, and I don't get 720p with that setting. After experimenting a bit I changed HLS to DASH and got a stream which claimed to be 720p but its not very good quality.

Is there any way back to the old version of the addon that stuck to the best quality at all times? I dislike adaptive bitrates intensely!
"Error:

('Connection aborted.', HTTPException('got more than 100 headers',))"
@YeahWhatever
Change Live CDN source in Add-on settings to 'Bidi' instead of 'Any'.
This error seems to only happen on BBC one with the Akamai stream.

Screenshot to help is here.
(2022-05-24, 07:05)bretsim Wrote: [ -> ]No edit button on this forum?

Looks like the version from the repo was 3.0.52 if that makes any difference. If I click Update it just returns the same version.

3.0.52 is end of life and no longer maintained. Please update to Kodi 19.x and version 4.0.x of the add-on. This will give you exactly the same streams as the iPlayer website. 3.0.52 used different (inofficial) streams which likely are being discontinued.
@CaptainT

Akamai for BBC 1 no longer works for me but Bidi & Cloudfront do however.
When Akamai is chosen, the error listed is the same as OP above:
"Error:

This is both on Kodi 19/20 and only on BBC1 HD, not regional BBC1 which is not in HD anyway.
(2022-05-24, 20:46)OTinley Wrote: [ -> ]@YeahWhatever

I only get audio with that, no picture.
(2022-05-28, 12:41)YeahWhatever Wrote: [ -> ]I only get audio with that, no picture.

Sorry but that setting works for me on both Kodis 19 & 20.
It also works with Cloudfare.
(2022-05-28, 16:25)OTinley Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry but that setting works for me on both Kodis 19 & 20.

So?
I can't replicate your issue on any of my devices on either version of Kodi.
Therefore I can't help you.
Maybe @CaptainT can. I am done here.
(2022-05-27, 20:33)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-05-24, 07:05)bretsim Wrote: [ -> ]No edit button on this forum?

Looks like the version from the repo was 3.0.52 if that makes any difference. If I click Update it just returns the same version.

3.0.52 is end of life and no longer maintained. Please update to Kodi 19.x and version 4.0.x of the add-on. This will give you exactly the same streams as the iPlayer website. 3.0.52 used different (inofficial) streams which likely are being discontinued.

Thanks. I updated Kodi and the addon updated too. The stream is 720 again.

There does seem to be quite a lot of skipped frames during playback. Any settings to change to improve that?

Also, I notice that when seeking through an episode, the subtitles often keep playing as though the seeking never happened rather than matching the video. I have no idea if that's an addon issue or a Kodi problem.
(2022-05-29, 06:36)bretsim Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. I updated Kodi and the addon updated too. The stream is 720 again.

Glad to hear.

Quote:There does seem to be quite a lot of skipped frames during playback. Any settings to change to improve that?

I never experienced this before. In any case, playback issues like this are in the domain of Inputstream Adaptive, not the add-on. So I can be of limited assistance only.

My first guess would be to try different CDNs to see if some work better. This is best done by disabling autoplay in the add-on settings temporarily. You will get a selection of streams to try for each item this way. Once you figured out your favourite CDN simply switch autoplay back on in settings and choose this CDN permanently.

Quote:Also, I notice that when seeking through an episode, the subtitles often keep playing as though the seeking never happened rather than matching the video. I have no idea if that's an addon issue or a Kodi problem.

That’s a Kodi problem. The add-on downloads the whole subtitle file in advance, converts it to a compatible format, and passes it to the Kodi player. Sounds like it does not match the stream timestamps against the subtitle timestamps. Thus used to work in the past, so it might be a new (temporary?) bug.
(2022-05-27, 22:47)OTinley Wrote: [ -> ]@CaptainT

Akamai for BBC 1 no longer works for me but Bidi & Cloudfront do however.
When Akamai is chosen, the error listed is the same as OP above:
"Error:

This is both on Kodi 19/20 and only on BBC1 HD, not regional BBC1 which is not in HD anyway.
Thanks for letting me know. I can duplicate the issue. This only affects the Akamai http stream. The Akamai https stream works just fine.

Options:
  1. Add a new option to choose http/https/Any protocol for streams. Doable, but most work required.
  2. Remove http streams completely. Doable, minimal change required.
  3. Wait for Akamai to fix the stream. Angel
What do you think, @otinley ? I am leaning towards option 2.
(2022-05-28, 12:41)YeahWhatever Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-05-24, 20:46)OTinley Wrote: [ -> ]@YeahWhatever

I only get audio with that, no picture.
I cannot duplicate this issue using the 4.0.3 version of the add-on. Out of the six streams available for BBC One, five work fine. Just one gives the error messages @otinley mentioned.

Are you on 4.0.3? If so, which version of Kodi and Inputstream Adaptive are you on?

If you are still on 3.0.52, see above post.
@CaptainT,

To answer your question, do whatever is the easiest for you.
No need to spend too much time on this IMO.
4.0.4 on its way without http streams.