Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LibreElec (official) 11.0.0 RP12.ARM
iPlayer WWW 4.0.7
Skin: Amber 3.4.11
(Hoping these are the latest?)

I'm getting some weird behaviour, started recently. It was occuring on LibreElec V9.x.x, so I upgraded everything, assuming that would fix it. The issues stayed the same:

(1) Listings are truncated.
(2) Search won't play some programs, but will play others.

If I look in iPlayerWWW's listings, under (say) "S", and sort alphabetically, the program list finishes at "South Today" (although a few programs whose names begin "The S..." follow this). So I can't, for example, list "Spooks" which is alphabetically later than South Today. (If I list reverse-alphabetically, the list begins with "South Today".)

If I *search* for "Spooks", it shows up in results. But it won't open the Spooks series page. But an episode of QI also shows up in the results for "Spooks". And that QI episode will play from this search result.

But if instead I *search* for "QI", I get search results QI, QI-XS, QI-XL. But none of them will open the series page from those search results.

Is it just me? Maybe I should just re-install?
(2023-03-16, 22:44)ScreenSaver Wrote: [ -> ]LibreElec (official) 11.0.0 RP12.ARM
iPlayer WWW 4.0.7
Skin: Amber 3.4.11
(Hoping these are the latest?)

I'm getting some weird behaviour, started recently. It was occuring on LibreElec V9.x.x, so I upgraded everything, assuming that would fix it. The issues stayed the same:

(1) Listings are truncated.
(2) Search won't play some programs, but will play others.

If I look in iPlayerWWW's listings, under (say) "S", and sort alphabetically, the program list finishes at "South Today" (although a few programs whose names begin "The S..." follow this). So I can't, for example, list "Spooks" which is alphabetically later than South Today. (If I list reverse-alphabetically, the list begins with "South Today".)

If I *search* for "Spooks", it shows up in results. But it won't open the Spooks series page. But an episode of QI also shows up in the results for "Spooks". And that QI episode will play from this search result.

But if instead I *search* for "QI", I get search results QI, QI-XS, QI-XL. But none of them will open the series page from those search results.

Is it just me? Maybe I should just re-install?
It's not you. They also changed something to pagination in A-Z.

Frankly speaking, it looks like we entered a new phase of changes to the website. We had these in the past as well. They typically last a couple of weeks or even months and cause a lot of instability in the add-on.
4.0.8 has been submitted to the official repo, and will hopefully bring back some functionality that was lost by the new JSON format. For those who feel adventerous, feel free to grab the zip from GitHub.

Looking forward to receiving more feedback here, I expect there will still be a number of bugs to be ironed out.
Wondering where is the zip, I am here and see 4.0.7.  I know you can download a master file under the green code icon but for those of us still trying to figure out Github where is 4.08.  Is that the master file.  Thanks

I still haven't figured out where one can find the latest version in Github or how you know it's the latest.  I am able to find the addon itself but often can't find the latest version.
(2023-03-19, 21:22)barney63 Wrote: [ -> ]Wondering where is the zip, I am here and see 4.0.7.  I know you can download a master file under the green code icon but for those of us still trying to figure out Github where is 4.08.  Is that the master file.  Thanks

I still haven't figured out where one can find the latest version in Github or how you know it's the latest.  I am able to find the addon itself but often can't find the latest version.

4.0.8 has already been merged to the official repo, so it should roll out automatically within the next hours.

If you still want to grab it from Github click on the „releases“ or „all releases“ link below 4.0.7. This will get you to the list of all releases including 4.0.8. It seems that Github refreshes the latest release visible on the main page only once a day or so.
(2023-03-19, 21:42)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]If you still want to grab it from Github click on the „releases“ or „all releases“ link below 4.0.7. This will get you to the list of all releases including 4.0.8. It seems that Github refreshes the latest release visible on the main page only once a day or so.
Thanks for explaining that, I was on the 4.0.8 page but there was nothing there, but if it only refreshes once a day that would explain that.  I'm still learning about Github, I'll check tomorrow as I like to have the latest zips on my PC.  Thanks.
There @barney63

https://github.com/vonH/plugin.video.ipl...w/releases

Click on assets, you will find the .zip.
Thank you. Search working great again!
(2023-03-19, 22:58)MiamiBlues Wrote: [ -> ]Click on assets, you will find the .zip.
Got it, thanks, not sure why it wasn't there when I originally checked.  It said it was uploaded four hours previously (refresh came hours after upload?)  Anyway doesn't matter, I have it now
Thanks for the update (4.0.8). Clearly things are in flux but you're catching up fast. Here are the latest oddities:
 - Subtitles (hard-of-hearing) are randomly displaying in the wrong order. Sometimes the last line of subtitling is above the first line. Sometimes they're in the correct order. Happens with both 3-line and 2-line subtitling. Occurs randomly, about 30% of the time, during any one program. (For testing: e.g. Spooks S5.)
 - Listings are working much better. But, on a series page, any episode which has already been played isn't shown at all. (Rather than being listed with a 'tick' beside it.)

Cheers, Ian.
(2023-03-22, 17:16)ScreenSaver Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the update (4.0.8). Clearly things are in flux but you're catching up fast. Here are the latest oddities:
 - Subtitles (hard-of-hearing) are randomly displaying in the wrong order. Sometimes the last line of subtitling is above the first line. Sometimes they're in the correct order. Happens with both 3-line and 2-line subtitling. Occurs randomly, about 30% of the time, during any one program. (For testing: e.g. Spooks S5.)
 - Listings are working much better. But, on a series page, any episode which has already been played isn't shown at all. (Rather than being listed with a 'tick' beside it.)

Cheers, Ian.
Hi. I'm still getting the watched indicator (tick) showing correctly against played episodes  - using Kodi 20.1 on a Windows PC.
Ian, when you're in a view of series could you open the sidebar (by navigating left) and tell me what is set under Misc Options. I suspect you have it set as Unwatched.
(2023-03-22, 17:16)ScreenSaver Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the update (4.0.8). Clearly things are in flux but you're catching up fast. Here are the latest oddities:
Subtitles indeed ran into yet another issue: Sometimes there are two subtitles for the same timestamp. In my opinion that is a bug in the original subtitle data, as it should not happen. Anyways, I believe I found a workaround for this issue which is included in 4.0.9.

As for the listings: Did you check @sonofdibnah's suggestion?
(2023-03-25, 19:31)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]Anyways, I believe I found a workaround for this issue which is included in 4.0.9.
Getting a python dependency error (2.19) on trying to install 4.0.9 zip
(2023-03-25, 20:02)barney63 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-03-25, 19:31)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]Anyways, I believe I found a workaround for this issue which is included in 4.0.9.
Getting a python dependency error (2.19) on trying to install 4.0.9 zip

The release ob Github currently points to the wrong branch. My bad. I will need to correct that. The release through the official repo will be fine.

Github should be fine now, as well.