Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can see that in general the add-on can display subtitles in different colours, but it seems to me that it is not able to display more than one colour (for different speakers) within the same "screen". Is this a known issue/limitation?
Thank you!
(2019-05-02, 20:07)diodorus Wrote: [ -> ]I can see that in general the add-on can display subtitles in different colours, but it seems to me that it is not able to display more than one colour (for different speakers) within the same "screen". Is this a known issue/limitation?
Thank you!
That is correct. It was not implemented when colours in subtitles were. It was considered a corner case which would require a big effort. In order to support multiple colours in subtitles per line/screen, the whole subtitle parsing needs to be rewritten.

How often does this affect you? Just a rough guess will be good enough.
Hello.

I am running 18.2 (mac osx) and have been trying for hours to get www iplayer working. It is running fine through my mac.
I keep getting an error reading "HTTPSConnectionPool...." 

These are my logs if anyone knows how to fix.
https://paste.kodi.tv/laciyaviti.kodi

Thanks
P
(2019-05-03, 07:07)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-02, 20:07)diodorus Wrote: [ -> ]I can see that in general the add-on can display subtitles in different colours, but it seems to me that it is not able to display more than one colour (for different speakers) within the same "screen". Is this a known issue/limitation?
Thank you!
That is correct. It was not implemented when colours in subtitles were. It was considered a corner case which would require a big effort. In order to support multiple colours in subtitles per line/screen, the whole subtitle parsing needs to be rewritten.

How often does this affect you? Just a rough guess will be good enough.
In the meantime ilainftw provided new subtitle code on GitHub, which should enable multiple colours in the same line/screen. Thanks for that!

I will review it and include it in the next version of the add-on. Note that this may take a week or two due to work reasons on my end.
(2019-05-05, 16:55)locouis Wrote: [ -> ]I am running 18.2 (mac osx) and have been trying for hours to get www iplayer working. It is running fine through my mac.
I keep getting an error reading "HTTPSConnectionPool...."
There is nothing in the logs that points anywhere.

Are you in the UK? There is an error message which starts with this message related to requests, the library used in the add-on to retrieve content. This particular error message may occurr in connection with SSL proxies. Normally, these are not used if you are in the UK, so the message should not affect you.
I just released new versions. They should hit the official repo within the next couple of days. There are two changes in these updates:
  1. Subtitle coulour improvments by ilainftw
  2. Fix for new JSON format in Highlights
I can't fully test at the moment, so please shout if this breaks anything else.
Hello. I am running 18.2 and this addon works really well.  However the subtitles are not working on any shows despite me having subtitles turned on.

Could someone please help me to get the subtitles working?  I have searched through the previous posts already.
(2019-05-12, 04:01)tlcwaterfall Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. I am running 18.2 and this addon works really well.  However the subtitles are not working on any shows despite me having subtitles turned on.

Could someone please help me to get the subtitles working?  I have searched through the previous posts already.
Which version of the add-on are you using?

Also: Did you enable subtitles in the add-on settings or in the player? You need to do the first, because the Beeb use a subtitle format which is not supported by the Kodi player.
(2019-05-12, 09:27)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-12, 04:01)tlcwaterfall Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. I am running 18.2 and this addon works really well.  However the subtitles are not working on any shows despite me having subtitles turned on.

Which version of the add-on are you using?

Also: Did you enable subtitles in the add-on settings or in the player? You need to do the first, because the Beeb use a subtitle format which is not supported by the Kodi player. 
Version. 3.0.43   I have enabled subtitles in the settings of the add-on.
(2019-05-12, 10:04)tlcwaterfall Wrote: [ -> ]Version. 3.0.43   I have enabled subtitles in the settings of the add-on.

I am sorry to say, but I have no clue, then. Are you sure the programmes do have subtitles and are catch-up? There is no support for subtitles in live TV in this add-on.
(2019-05-12, 13:56)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-12, 10:04)tlcwaterfall Wrote: [ -> ]Version. 3.0.43   I have enabled subtitles in the settings of the add-on.

I am sorry to say, but I have no clue, then. Are you sure the programmes do have subtitles and are catch-up? There is no support for subtitles in live TV in this add-on. 
Thank you for your reply.  I am clearly doing something wrong.  When I play a program from the BBC Iplayer app the subtitles work properly.  Play the same program using the Kodi addon and the subtitles do not work.
(2019-05-12, 15:13)tlcwaterfall Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your reply.  I am clearly doing something wrong.  When I play a program from the BBC Iplayer app the subtitles work properly.  Play the same program using the Kodi addon and the subtitles do not work.

I wonder if this could be a file permissions issue. The add-on downloads the subtitles and stores them in a file. If that file cannot be generated, Kodi cannot show and subtitles.

Try locating your %USERDATA%/addon_data/plugin.video.iplayerwww folder of the add-on and see if there is an iPlayer.srt file in it. For mor information on how to locate %USERDATA% see here: https://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata.
(2019-05-13, 07:19)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-12, 15:13)tlcwaterfall Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your reply.  I am clearly doing something wrong.  When I play a program from the BBC Iplayer app the subtitles work properly.  Play the same program using the Kodi addon and the subtitles do not work.

I wonder if this could be a file permissions issue. The add-on downloads the subtitles and stores them in a file. If that file cannot be generated, Kodi cannot show and subtitles.

Try locating your %USERDATA%/addon_data/plugin.video.iplayerwww folder of the add-on and see if there is an iPlayer.srt file in it. For mor information on how to locate %USERDATA% see here: https://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata
Thank you for your valued help.

I have found userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.iplayerwww. There is no iPlayer srt file in it.

Could you please advise me how to enable the srt folder.
Forgive me if this has already been discussed. I'm experiencing a fair amount of buffering on longer programs. Will reducing the Catch up rate solve this ?
Thanks
(2019-05-14, 09:52)tlcwaterfall Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your valued help.

I have found userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.iplayerwww. There is no iPlayer srt file in it.

Could you please advise me how to enable the srt folder.

Thanks for trying this. There are two options now:

1. It is a file permissions issue. If there are no files at all in this folder, make sure the user executing Kodi has write rights to this folder. It depends on your OS how to do this. If there already are some files (like iPlayer.cookies), just create a new file with the filename iplayer.srt and try again.
2. For some weired reason your installation cannot find any subtitles. Then I also don't know what is going on.