Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-06-16, 07:16)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]The TV app may offer higher resolution up to 4K. The add-on uses the same streams as the iPlayer website. Thus, whatever is available there is available in the add-on.

You may need to reconfigure the min/max bitrate settings of Inputstream adaptive in its settings to get the highest bitrate, though.

Hi, I use Kodi 19 on my Nvidia Shield TV and I would like to know how to adjust the settings of the Inputstream adaptive because BBC plays always in low resolution.
(2021-06-20, 09:13)humaxdsl Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I use Kodi 19 on my Nvidia Shield TV and I would like to know how to adjust the settings of the Inputstream adaptive because BBC plays always in low resolution.

IIRC you can find Inputstream Adaptive in the main Kodi settings. Try increasing the values for min and max bitrate.
Hello CaptainT and thanks for your hard work.

I am wondering if the iPlayer WWW add-on would work with BritBox or if there is another Kodi add-on that could be used for watching BritBox.  I am not subscribed yet but I am trying to find a way to watch it on one of my Kodi setups.  Either librelec on a pi4, or an old laptop with Windows 7.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.
(2021-06-20, 15:34)virtualpaul Wrote: [ -> ]Hello CaptainT and thanks for your hard work.

I am wondering if the iPlayer WWW add-on would work with BritBox or if there is another Kodi add-on that could be used for watching BritBox.  I am not subscribed yet but I am trying to find a way to watch it on one of my Kodi setups.  Either librelec on a pi4, or an old laptop with Windows 7.

The addon won't work with BritBox, there was talk of a BritBox Amazon Prime channel but I don't know if this would work with the Amazon Kodi addon. This thread might give you more information about your options https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=350990

EDIT - Looks like it was added to Amazon Prime https://www.itv.com/presscentre/britbox/...o-channels so maybe ask here if anybody has it working https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=349255
(2021-06-20, 15:44)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-06-20, 15:34)virtualpaul Wrote: [ -> ]Hello CaptainT and thanks for your hard work.

The addon won't work with BritBox, there was talk of a BritBox Amazon Prime channel but I don't know if this would work with the Amazon Kodi addon. This thread might give you more information about your options https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=350990

EDIT - Looks like it was added to Amazon Prime https://www.itv.com/presscentre/britbox/...o-channels so maybe ask here if anybody has it working https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=349255

Thanks.  But it seems that you need to subscribe to Amazon Prime & BritBox in order to see BritBox.  I don't really want to pay for both just to watch one.
Quote:BritBox UK is available to Prime members for an additional monthly fee
(2021-06-20, 17:07)virtualpaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-06-20, 15:44)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks.  But it seems that you need to subscribe to Amazon Prime & BritBox in order to see BritBox.  I don't really want to pay for both just to watch one.
Yeah I don't know, to be honest something like a Firestick or Smart TV with their app would probably be the best bet.
(2021-06-20, 17:10)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-06-20, 17:07)virtualpaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-06-20, 15:44)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]The addon won't work with BritBox, there was talk of a BritBox Amazon Prime channel but I don't know if this would work with the Amazon Kodi addon. This thread might give you more information about your options https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=350990

Yeah I don't know, to be honest something like a Firestick or Smart TV with their app would probably be the best bet.
Thanks again for your suggestions.  I saw Roku has an app for BritBox too.  But I would have much preferred to make it work on Kodi or perhaps a PS4. 

I wonder if there would be a third party tool (dizqueTV, xTeVe, ?) that I could use in between BritBox and Kodi.

Or is it a lot of work to do an add-on?  Perhaps if someone starts with another add-on it might be a lot less work?
Another idea I had was to use a web browser on my pi4.  Not sure how good this would work.
(2021-06-20, 17:23)virtualpaul Wrote: [ -> ]Or is it a lot of work to do an add-on?  Perhaps if someone starts with another add-on it might be a lot less work?

That depends very much on how complicated the streaming service works. If it was literally the same (which it never is) it would be little effort indeed, but still a couple of hours to get icons and translations right. However, if you need to write a really good scraper for a complex website from scratch, and then possibly deal with encrypted streams, it can take you a couple of weeks worth of work.

The thing is this: all the add-ones are maintained by developers who do this in their spare time. It is a hobby. I started this add-on because I wanted the option to watch iPlayer content in Kodi myself. I would not write an add-on for something I don‘t use. This is not my line of work.
(2021-06-20, 21:30)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-06-20, 17:23)virtualpaul Wrote: [ -> ]Or is it a lot of work to do an add-on?  Perhaps if someone starts with another add-on it might be a lot less work?

That depends very much on how complicated the streaming service works. If it was literally the same (which it never is) it would be little effort indeed, but still a couple of hours to get icons and translations right. However, if you need to write a really good scraper for a complex website from scratch, and then possibly deal with encrypted streams, it can take you a couple of weeks worth of work.

The thing is this: all the add-ones are maintained by developers who do this in their spare time. It is a hobby. I started this add-on because I wanted the option to watch iPlayer content in Kodi myself. I would not write an add-on for something I don‘t use. This is not my line of work.
Thanks for taking the time to reply.   I understand a bit more now.  I have done one or two scrapers in the past but I was using C++ and it was pretty simple numerical data I was fetching.   Scraping a whole web site for movies & TV shows is surely a lot of work plus the encrypted streams, ouch...   Congratulation on your effort!

For now I just installed RPIOS on a different uSD card and I am using Chromium + Widevine that I installed to watch BritBox.  It works ok for now.

Perhaps one day the streaming industry giants will agree on a 'universal app' that can play all their contents or at least a 'standard database access protocol' for fetching their contents.  Or one of them will just buy them all...
<snip> ignore me. Search doesn't filter out programmes with no content
I've noticed a bunch of errors in my log recently like the below.  Has there been a settings file change recently I need to be aware of an maybe reset everything?

2021-06-30 12:19:10.823 T:4978  WARNING <CAddonSettings[plugin.video.iplayerwww]>: cannot reference setting (relative index: -5; absolute index: -1) in another category in old setting condition "eq(-5,true)" for "live_source"
2021-06-30 12:19:10.824 T:4978  WARNING <CAddonSettings[plugin.video.iplayerwww]>: failed to parse enable condition "eq(-5,true)" of old setting definition for "live_source"
2021-06-30 12:19:10.824 T:4978  WARNING <CAddonSettings[plugin.video.iplayerwww]>: cannot reference setting (relative index: -8; absolute index: -1) in another category in old setting condition "eq(-8,true)" for "radio_source"
2021-06-30 12:19:10.824 T:4978  WARNING <CAddonSettings[plugin.video.iplayerwww]>: failed to parse enable condition "eq(-8,true)" of old setting definition for "radio_source"
2021-06-30 12:19:10.824 T:4978  WARNING <CAddonSettings[plugin.video.iplayerwww]>: cannot reference setting (relative index: -9; absolute index: -1) in another category in old setting condition "eq(-9,true)" for "radio_location"
2021-06-30 12:19:10.824 T:4978  WARNING <CAddonSettings[plugin.video.iplayerwww]>: failed to parse enable condition "eq(-9,true)" of old setting definition for "radio_location"
2021-06-30 12:19:10.824 T:4978  WARNING <CAddonSettings[plugin.video.iplayerwww]>: cannot reference setting (relative index: -10; absolute index: -1) in another category in old setting condition "eq(-10,true)" for "radio_live_bitrate"
2021-06-30 12:19:10.824 T:4978  WARNING <CAddonSettings[plugin.video.iplayerwww]>: failed to parse enable condition "eq(-10,true)" of old setting definition for "radio_live_bitrate"
(2021-06-30, 13:33)jeffski10 Wrote: [ -> ]I've noticed a bunch of errors in my log recently like the below.  Has there been a settings file change recently I need to be aware of an maybe reset everything?

2021-06-30 12:19:10.823 T:4978  WARNING <CAddonSettings[plugin.video.iplayerwww]>: cannot reference setting (relative index: -5; absolute index: -1) in another category in old setting condition "eq(-5,true)" for "live_source"
2021-06-30 12:19:10.824 T:4978  WARNING <CAddonSettings[plugin.video.iplayerwww]>: failed to parse enable condition "eq(-5,true)" of old setting definition for "live_source"
2021-06-30 12:19:10.824 T:4978  WARNING <CAddonSettings[plugin.video.iplayerwww]>: cannot reference setting (relative index: -8; absolute index: -1) in another category in old setting condition "eq(-8,true)" for "radio_source"
2021-06-30 12:19:10.824 T:4978  WARNING <CAddonSettings[plugin.video.iplayerwww]>: failed to parse enable condition "eq(-8,true)" of old setting definition for "radio_source"
2021-06-30 12:19:10.824 T:4978  WARNING <CAddonSettings[plugin.video.iplayerwww]>: cannot reference setting (relative index: -9; absolute index: -1) in another category in old setting condition "eq(-9,true)" for "radio_location"
2021-06-30 12:19:10.824 T:4978  WARNING <CAddonSettings[plugin.video.iplayerwww]>: failed to parse enable condition "eq(-9,true)" of old setting definition for "radio_location"
2021-06-30 12:19:10.824 T:4978  WARNING <CAddonSettings[plugin.video.iplayerwww]>: cannot reference setting (relative index: -10; absolute index: -1) in another category in old setting condition "eq(-10,true)" for "radio_live_bitrate"
2021-06-30 12:19:10.824 T:4978  WARNING <CAddonSettings[plugin.video.iplayerwww]>: failed to parse enable condition "eq(-10,true)" of old setting definition for "radio_live_bitrate"

You are all good here. These warning messages pop up because the ads-on does not comply to the new settings format yet. This will be done once I discontinue support for Krypton and Jarvis. Most likely that will happen towards the end of the year.
Is anyone else having problems with the red button? For some me the option is not in the menu to select. In settings the option is selected to display in the menu.
Any thoughts?
Do you want a log?
Am running libreelec version 9.95 on raspberry pi 4 if that makes a difference?
Thanks
Peter
(2021-07-24, 12:57)EngineerPeter Wrote: [ -> ]Is anyone else having problems with the red button? For some me the option is not in the menu to select. In settings the option is selected to display in the menu.
Any thoughts?
Do you want a log?
Am running libreelec version 9.95 on raspberry pi 4 if that makes a difference?
Thanks
Peter

See known issues for Kodi 19 which should come with libreelec 9.95: Red button is not working. The settings file has not been adjusted so far. Apologies for the confusion.