Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks @CaptainT for upgrading this addon to work again after tue recent bbc website changes.

I'm using 4.0.1.4 with Kodi v20.1.
Hi, are subtitles supposed to work on live streams? Thanks!
(2023-05-06, 22:46)diodorus Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, are subtitles supposed to work on live streams? Thanks!

See first post:

„Subtitles work for catchup content.“

So no, live subtitles are not supported.

The reason is that the Beeb use a subtitle format that is not supported by Kodi out of the box. Thus, subtitles need to be downloaded and converted before playback begins. That’s obviously not possible with live content.
How to set up so I can stream catch-up TV at least 720p please?
Out of the box settings are getting me 288 or 360 only. Plus it auto plays.
I've searched for previous posts but only mention is from 2018 about HLS and autoplay. However I don't see those options in the iPlayer WWW add-on settings
(2023-06-08, 10:54)andrewf13 Wrote: [ -> ]How to set up so I can stream catch-up TV at least 720p please?
Out of the box settings are getting me 288 or 360 only. Plus it auto plays.
I've searched for previous posts but only mention is from 2018 about HLS and autoplay. However I don't see those options in the iPlayer WWW add-on settings

Since streams are all DASH now, the stream quality settings are no longer determined by this add-on, but by Inputstream Adaptive. Normally, it adjusts to a reasonable bitrate over time, but you can also force it by increasing the minimum
bitrate in the Inputstream Adaptive settings.
(2023-06-08, 11:39)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]Since streams are all DASH now, the stream quality settings are no longer determined by this add-on, but by Inputstream Adaptive. Normally, it adjusts to a reasonable bitrate over time, but you can also force it by increasing the minimum
bitrate in the Inputstream Adaptive settings.

Great thank you! That makes sense and sorted it now.
In >Add-ons >VideoPlayer InputStream >InputStream Adaptive I set 'Stream selection type' to "Ask quality" and it shows me all the available resolutions before playback starts. I can now select 720p and plays absolutely fine Smile
Live streams from Wimbledon are down.
Playback of TV channels and VOD content works fine.
@CaptainT - Can you take a look at this?
https://github.com/vonH/plugin.video.ipl...issues/360

K19.5, FIre TV Cube 2, Fire OS 7, iPlayer WWW 4.0.14
If the add-on is modified to proxy MPD and modified, then it can currently play 1080p resolutions.
Manually modifying the MPD and creating a STRM will also do this, as I've verified.

However, the developers are not considering unofficial 1080p support at this time, so someone else will need to create a branch to modify this add-on.
https://github.com/vonH/plugin.video.ipl...1658366565
Bbc just added a live Louis Theroux channel, any idea how to find it in this add-on?
Any ideas what's wrong here guys?
Error when trying to play video streams.

OSMC: KODI 18.9

IPLAYER WWW: 3.0.53
@PantsOnFireAgain
It's basically what the error message says: your system fails to verify a certificate.

Short solution:
- check your system's clock
- upgrade your system.

An attempt to answer your question 'what's wrong':

Your system makes a secure connection to the streaming service. As a part of that process the streaming service sends a certificate to your system to identify itself. Such a certificate must be signed by a "Certificate Authority" (CA) - a trusted institution.
When your system receives the certificate it check if the certificate itself is valid and checks if it is indeed signed by the CA in question.

Verification can fail for various reasons.
  • The certificate itself is invalid. 
    Possibly your system's clock doesn't run in sync causing a valid certificate to be rejected as 'expired' or 'in the future'. 
    Check if the system's date is correct.

• The certificate's signature is incorrect.
    In order to check the signature your system needs the certificate of the CA, which usually comes with the operating system or the program used to make the connection.
    Now, your system is quite old. It could well be that your system does not have the CA's certificate needed to check the signature of the certificate you get from the streaming server. The easiest way to solve that, is by upgrading OSMC.

As a temporary workaround you could try to select another Content Delivery Network (CDN). In iPlayer WWW's settings, section Streams, disable 'Play streams automatically using these settings' and ensure the option 'Catchup CDN source' is set to 'anything'.
    You if play a programme now, you'll get several options to choose from, from various CDN's like Akamai, Cloudfront and Bidi. Just try them all to find one that has a certificate that passes validation. If you find a CDN that plays you can go back to settings and select that CDN in the option 'Catchup CDN source'. Then you can enable the option 'Play streams automatically using these settings' again. 

However, you also use an old version of iPlayer WWW - probably because newer versions are not compatible with the Kodi version in use, so I'm not sure if the above completely applies.

• Your connection is being monitored and you are presented with a fake certificate.
@kereltje

This was a fantastic (and very kind) explanation for what's going on. Thank you! Your initial instinct was correct! Time and date are way out.

I noticed this yesterday morning but didn't think about the implications to be honest.. all makes sense now!

I checked again over on OSMC forums and they say I need to write another SD card with the latest build, because it's so long on the tooth, I've passed the point of incremental updates apparently

Hey ho... guess I'll be setting up that library again! fairly big task!
@PantsOnFireAgain
Glad you got it sorted.
Quote:guess I'll be setting up that library again! fairly big task!
If mean your existing media files, it should be fairly easy to put the old card in a computer and transfer those over the network to OSMC. If you are on Windows you'll need a linux file system reader, but that's not more than a web search away (or mount it via WSL2). There are probably a lot of other things you can do to make the transfer easier. But it's rather off topic here, better ask in more appropriate section If you need help on that.
I updated to the latest beta (Omega B1) and now all playback stops after about 40 seconds with the buffering icon appearing with a value of 1 and freezes in that condition. Anyone else? Happy to go back to v20, just wodering. Thanks
Yes but it does it also with ITV, not just with BBC add-on.
It might be a InputStream Adaptive issue.
The issue is not present in Kodi 20.