Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks for getting back to me OTinley, but I’m not trying to use the red button.

I’m trying to watch Live TV.

It’s live tv in iplayer www that’s stopped working.

Is there any way to fix it? (log posted above)

Thanks
So sorry Daminator,

You are getting unplayable item when trying to start live BBC1,
we know catchup is OK, let's see if you can change the stream provider type for live content.
In the add-on settings, under streams, Live Content try Cloudfront, I just tested it so I know it's working.
(2022-12-13, 12:23)daminator Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for getting back to me OTinley, but I’m not trying to use the red button.

I’m trying to watch Live TV.

Is there any way to fix it? (log posted above)

Thanks

Thanks for the log. I will need to look into this in more detail.

As a temporary workaround, could you disable Autoplay in the add-on settings, please? This should give you a couple of streams that should be playable.
Hi OTinley,

I just tried that. It still wouldn't play.

Do you need me to send new logs, or is the relevant information in my previous log?

Thanks
Hi CaptainT,

Thanks for helping.

I just turned off Autoplay. That has resulted in the Watch Live not event trying to play anything.

For example, when I go to Watch Live, and select a channel, it now just displays the view where you're in a folder, looking for a file or something.

Is there something else that I need to do?
(2022-12-13, 12:23)daminator Wrote: [ -> ]I’m trying to watch Live TV.

You and me both. I first reported it months ago. The response was essentially "It works for me. There's nothing I can do."
Oh, and to blame it on InputstreamAdaptive.
I am sorry but this issue is not possible to duplicate on the devices I use.
I know it sounds lame but I would suggest an un_install of the add_on, close Kodi.
And of course restart Kodi and re-install.
Then do the same with the now infamous InputstreamAdaptive add-on.
I hope @CaptainT will soon chime in to guide you better.

@daminator, could you also log in to the BBC from within the add-on, I didn't see you were in the log.
(2022-12-14, 14:51)daminator Wrote: [ -> ]Hi CaptainT,

Thanks for helping.

I just turned off Autoplay. That has resulted in the Watch Live not event trying to play anything.

For example, when I go to Watch Live, and select a channel, it now just displays the view where you're in a folder, looking for a file or something.

Is there something else that I need to do?

Apologies for the late reply. I just got to look at the log in more detail. It turns out that you are using version 3.0.52 of the add-on, which is no longer supported (at least not by me). I discontinued support of the 3.x branch beginning of this year because the 4.x branch needed a much different codebase to accommodate Kodi's move to Python 3. I don't have Kodi <19 any more and cannot maintain the add-on for these versions any more.

Please upgrade your Kodi installation to Kodi 19, and the add-on to version 4.0.5. This works fine both for me, and @otinley.

Edit: I see that you are using CoreElec. CoreElec offers newer versions based on Kodi 19. However, I could not figure out if they support your S922 CPU any more. It seems that some Amlogic CPUs are no longer supported (S905X), but I don't know about S922. You probably best ask in the CoreElec forum to figure out what the latest software for your hardware is.
(2022-12-15, 16:59)YeahWhatever Wrote: [ -> ]You and me both. I first reported it months ago. The response was essentially "It works for me. There's nothing I can do."

That's a general rule of software development. If you cannot duplicate an issue, you cannot fix it.

On your other comment regarding InputStream Adaptive. There was a faulty version around once. This happens, and it was not a blame on them. The maintainers of that add-on did a great job, were able to duplicate the issue, and fixed it quickly. Something like this can happen again.

More to the point of your case: Since I seem to have figured out what @daminator's issue is, I looked at your posts again. Unfortunately, I cannot tell whether you are using 3.x or 4.x because you only posted log snippets instead of a full log. In case you are still using 3.x, I highly recommend updating to Kodi 19 and 4.x of the add-on.
Will iPlayer WWW add-on work outside UK without  VPN?
(2022-12-18, 16:53)Jeffers24 Wrote: [ -> ]Will iPlayer WWW add-on work outside UK without  VPN?
See https://kodi.wiki/view/Official:VPN_policy
(2022-12-18, 16:56)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-12-18, 16:53)Jeffers24 Wrote: [ -> ]Will iPlayer WWW add-on work outside UK without  VPN?
Thanks for response.

I understand Kodi doesn't need a VPN, I spend most of my time in the UK and don't wish to install the addon if I need a VPN when I am not in the UK
(2022-12-18, 17:07)Jeffers24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-12-18, 16:56)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
Thanks for response.

I understand Kodi doesn't need a VPN, I spend most of my time in the UK and don't wish to install the addon if I need a VPN when I am not in the UK

As far as I am aware BBC iPlayer is a geolocked service. If are are wanting to explore methods of circumventing that you will need to do so elsewhere as we do not allow that discussion here.
Thanks for this, CaptainT.

I have just asked a question on the CoreElec forum to find out why my Ordoid N2+ is on the 9.2.8 version.