Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did you get chance to finish 4.0.4?
I don't see it in the Kodi repository.

None of the Akamai alternatives is very good for me :-(

---------

Ok ... downloaded it from github. Working fine.
(Just need to remember to do manual updates after a manual install...)
(2022-05-30, 23:36)PhilipPeake Wrote: [ -> ]Did you get chance to finish 4.0.4?
I don't see it in the Kodi repository.

None of the Akamai alternatives is very good for me :-(

---------

Ok ... downloaded it from github. Working fine.
(Just need to remember to do manual updates after a manual install...)

4.0.4 is still waiting to be merged by the add-on repository maintainers. This can take a couple of days. After all, the maintainers do it in their spare time, so we need to have a little patience.
I saw that iplayerWWW updated to 4.0.4 and tried to play live TV, it worked for a very short time then I got and error message……

(‘Connection aborted.’,OSError(0, ‘Error’))

Then whenever I tried to play live or catch-up this error appeared. Any idea what settings I can alter to get it working?

Many thanks
(2022-06-09, 10:44)OldElf Wrote: [ -> ]I saw that iplayerWWW updated to 4.0.4 and tried to play live TV, it worked for a very short time then I got and error message……

(‘Connection aborted.’,OSError(0, ‘Error’))

Then whenever I tried to play live or catch-up this error appeared. Any idea what settings I can alter to get it working?

Many thanks

Not a clue, I am sorry.
Wimbledon is starting but I got only one Stream (over W-Wimbledon) 

over categories Sport - just found Wimbledon Qualification but nothing from the current live matches(Up to 18 Livestreams from the courts)
The current add-on does not support Red Button streams due to changes by the BBC.
@CaptainT wrote about this a while back.
It's a pity but a browser seems to be the only option at this point.
Link to live feeds: HERE
Also on BBC iplayer:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0...y-1-part-2

Edit
ok, the live streams are in the Wimbledon folder (fresh created) now but do not work...
(2022-06-27, 17:24)Ghddbn Wrote: [ -> ]Also on BBC iplayer:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0...y-1-part-2

Edit
ok, the live streams are in the Wimbledon folder (fresh created) now but do not work...

*#%#*$£* notifications! They always turn themselves off, so I see these posts by accident a couple of days later.

Can you clarify, please: Does that mean the streams show up in the add-on, but do not play? If so, let me know the navigation path you use, e.g. Main menu->A-Z->W->Wimbeldon. This way i can look into it more efficiently.

I have been waiting a long time for more live streams to get the chance and analyze them. I just did not have Wimbeldon on my list.
Hi CaptainT

it is under Main/category/Sport/Wimbledon 

There is a mixture of VOD content + Live content as well in the folder. But the live links do not play.

The live streams  showed up after the first day when the Wimbledon folder was established 

Waiting for the new live matches  11am Uk time

It is similar to Snooker Worldchampionship when the live content was also included and was working

Edit

Live streams on now
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0...y-3-part-1
also in the Wimbledon folder eg.court 3,9
These seem to work for me, are your streams set to Bidi in the Settings -Streams section
(2022-06-29, 08:56)Ghddbn Wrote: [ -> ]it is under Main/category/Sport/Wimbledon 

There is a mixture of VOD content + Live content as well in the folder. But the live links do not play.
Got it, thanks! The live content indeed only appears to work on Akamai or Cloudfront. There are no Bidi streams available there. Thus, if you set your CDN source to Bidi, these streams will not play.

I am facing some challenges, playing any of the live content, but they seem to be related to my version of Kodi and/or Inputstream Adaptive. To make it short: Kodi crashes completely.

I also found that they changed the URL of the mediaselector call. The old one still works, and appears to give the same results, but I will update the add-on to reflect the new URL soon.

Long story short: The Wimbledon live streams should also work. They are just not available from Bidi.
Maybe I am confused but my settings are set to Bidi and everything works (Win 7 Kodi 19.4)  A few months ago I could only play streams using Cloudfront but as I said, now it is Bidi.
(2022-06-29, 23:00)barney63 Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe I am confused but my settings are set to Bidi and everything works (Win 7 Kodi 19.4)  A few months ago I could only play streams using Cloudfront but as I said, now it is Bidi.

Regular streams are hosted on Akamai, Cloudfront, and Bidi. The red button (live) streams are hosted on Akamai and Cloudfront only. They don’t exist on Bidi. So if you selected Bidi as stream source and they work for you, then there either is an automatic fallback in the add-on that I don‘t recall (very well possible) or you get a different response from the mediaselector than I do (rather unlikely).
"Download failed with error 404: https://vs-cmaf-pushb-uk-live.akamaized....572662.m4s"

an anyone tell me what is wrong with the above URL please and how I might fix it.

Rgds

Mike
Kodi 20.0 alpha 1 inputstreamadaptive 2o.2.2 iplayerwww 4.0.4
(2022-07-08, 02:25)mikebooth76 Wrote: [ -> ]"Download failed with error 404: https://vs-cmaf-pushb-uk-live.akamaized....572662.m4s"

an anyone tell me what is wrong with the above URL please and how I might fix it.

Rgds

Mike
Kodi 20.0 alpha 1 inputstreamadaptive 2o.2.2 iplayerwww 4.0.4

Sounds like you are not in the UK… Or the stream is just temporarily broken…