Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-07-24, 18:12)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-24, 12:57)EngineerPeter Wrote: [ -> ] 
See known issues for Kodi 19 which should come with libreelec 9.95: Red button is not working. The settings file has not been adjusted so far. Apologies for the confusion.
No worries, must have missed that earlier in the thread.  

As a side note, there is limited Olympic coverage on the red button as the BBC have lost the rights to the company that own discovery+ (back in 2016 as it turns out!) and the majority of the event are behind the discovery+ paywall! 

Appreciate your work on this add-on, really do!
(2021-07-26, 15:32)EngineerPeter Wrote: [ -> ]As a side note, there is limited Olympic coverage on the red button as the BBC have lost the rights to the company that own discovery+ (back in 2016 as it turns out!) and the majority of the event are behind the discovery+ paywall!

Yep. I haven't watched any of the "2020" Olympics as a result, not even the stuff that is on the BBC. "United by emotion"? More like "United by the wish to line the pockets of vested interests", in my opinion - foisted on a place whose population largely didn't want them, allowing a US television company to dictate when events will take place (against the wishes of Japanese broadcasters), and not available free-to-air.
I'm new to using the iPlayer WWW add-on and trying to connect via VPN outside of UK.
My VPN is working fine because I can watch shows via the BBC iplayer website using my browser.
However, when I try running to call up a stream/show using Kodi it fails and the log shows the following errors:

ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
    Error Type: <class 'RuntimeError'>
    Error Contents: No active exception to reraise
     Traceback (most recent call last):
     File "C:\Users\dazz\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.iplayerwww\default.py", line 220, in <module>
     Video.AddAvailableLiveStreamItemSelector(name, url, iconimage)
     File "C:\Users\dazz\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.iplayerwww\resources\lib\ipwww_video.py", line 818, in AddAvailableLiveStreamItemSelector
     return AddAvailableLiveDASHStreamItem(name, channelname, iconimage)
     File "C:\Users\dazz\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.iplayerwww\resources\lib\ipwww_video.py", line 832, in AddAvailableLiveDASHStreamItem
     PlayStream(name, match[0][2], iconimage, '', '')
     File "C:\Users\dazz\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.iplayerwww\resources\lib\ipwww_video.py", line 890, in PlayStream
         raise
      RuntimeError: No active exception to reraise
     -->End of Python script error report<--
2021-08-04 17:57:27.945 T:7232     INFO <general>: Python interpreter stopped
2021-08-04 17:57:27.979 T:2916    ERROR <general>: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.iplayerwww/?url=bbc_news24&mode=203&name=BBC+News+Channel&iconimage=C%3A%5CUsers%5Cdazz%5CAppData%5CRoaming%5CKodi%5Caddons%5Cplugin.video.iplayerwww%5Cmedia%5Cbbc_news24.png&description=&subtitles_url=&logged_in=False&time=1628063797.4257023]

I'm guessing the error .."skipping unplayable item".. is the key problem but if it is and the VPN is working fine then I don't know where to go from here.
Any help appreciated.

Running Kodi 19.1 on Windows 10 (I have two identical PCs same build and it happens on both).
(2021-08-04, 10:30)webby2019 Wrote: [ -> ]My VPN is working fine because I can watch shows via the BBC iplayer website using my browser.

Two things for now:

- On this forum we do have a VPN policy (wiki).
- Always provide a FULL log file, and via a pastebin website such as paste.kodi.tv . That way we have all puzzle pieces.
Also the BBC actively block VPN access, as unless you are paying for a UK TV license, then you are accessing the content illegally (and even then, they do not allow access from outside the UK even if you do).

If I remember well the addon does not use the same sources within the BBC as the website does (but that may be wrong, as it has sometimes changed over time).

But in any case, our VPN policy (wiki) applies as mentioned above, so your usage case is not supported here.
(2021-08-04, 13:02)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]If I remember well the addon does not use the same sources within the BBC as the website does (but that may be wrong, as it has sometimes changed over time).

The Kodi 19 version of the add-on uses the same sources as the website. No more difference. If it works in a browser it should work in Kodi. Might need some tweaking with CDN settings here and there, but that‘s it.
Just wondering why I continually get the not living in the UK error in Kodi, but not while streaming with the regular BBC iPlayerHuh It doesn't make sense that I can stream, download episodes and even watch live broadcasts in iPlayer, but not in Kodi. There's something else at play here, that just doesn't add up... Does the BBC detect Kodi add-on and just boot me out, or what?
(2021-08-06, 23:31)214b1 Wrote: [ -> ]Just wondering why I continually get the not living in the UK error in Kodi, but not while streaming with the regular BBC iPlayerHuh It doesn't make sense that I can stream, download episodes and even watch live broadcasts in iPlayer, but not in Kodi. There's something else at play here, that just doesn't add up... Does the BBC detect Kodi add-on and just boot me out, or what?
Same with Locast
@CaptainT 
I was looking in the media folder of the addon a couple of days ago and noticed files for the TV Channel names are square shaped and the radio channel names are rectangle shaped. Can I ask if there is any specific reason for this? I happened to be playing a radio channel and saw a difference in the way the name was displayed on the OSD which is why I looked in the media folder.
(2021-08-17, 10:25)Dumyat Wrote: [ -> ]@CaptainT 
I was looking in the media folder of the addon a couple of days ago and noticed files for the TV Channel names are square shaped and the radio channel names are rectangle shaped. Can I ask if there is any specific reason for this? I happened to be playing a radio channel and saw a difference in the way the name was displayed on the OSD which is why I looked in the media folder.

There is no particular reason for it. If I remember correctly, the radio icons were provided by contributor primaeval.

If there is a side effect of some of the icons, I see no hassle in changing the format. The icons will need to be moved to a media add-on anyways to avoid shipping them with every update of the ads-on again.
(2021-08-17, 10:36)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]If there is a side effect of some of the icons, I see no hassle in changing the format. The icons will need to be moved to a media add-on anyways to avoid shipping them with every update of the ads-on again.
Great stuff. Thanks for replying.
I'll update mine when I get moment and send you a link. Then if you want to include the updates, it's entirely up to you.
Cheers
kodi nexus with iplayer WWW v4.0.0 and inputstream.adaptive v20.0.1. 

All live channels (radio and tv) fail with error 404. 
All recorded stuff plays OK.

Anyone else having this problem

Rgds

Mike
(2021-10-09, 02:20)mikebooth76 Wrote: [ -> ]kodi nexus with iplayer WWW v4.0.0 and inputstream.adaptive v20.0.1. 

Rgds

Mike
Tested OK here, all live content on both 19.2 & Nexus.
(2021-10-09, 11:16)OTinley Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-10-09, 02:20)mikebooth76 Wrote: [ -> ]kodi nexus with iplayer WWW v4.0.0 and inputstream.adaptive v20.0.1. 

Rgds

Mike
Tested OK here, all live content on both 19.2 & Nexus.
OK Thanks . Will have to od more research.

M
Using version 4.0 of the plugin on latest version of OSMC.
Has been working fine. Today it fails. Tried an uninstall/install - no change.

Log: https://paste.kodi.tv/movawopaga.kodi

========= IGNORE THIS ========

It's working ok on my Kodi install on my Macbook. Has to be a problem with OSMC ...