Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all,

Keen to get this visualisation trick working.
Ive downloaded Last.FM - Slideshow 0.0.3 and I can get that working if I run it as a picture add-on.

But the last few posts suggest they are using it as a music viz (which is what I want to do).

I use Nox from the addon repo (obtained within xbmc) (not svn). So Im using the latest version of that. I then used TortoiseSVN to download Nox from here:
http://aeon--nox.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
and copied MusicVisualisation.xml from there into my skin.aeon.nox\720p folder.

But I can't get the viz to show the art.
Should it work for me this way? (using xbmc dharma 10.1) official from xbmc.org downloads section.
(win7)

Could do with a few pointers. Cheers if ur able to help. :-)
PantsOnFire Wrote:hi all,

Keen to get this visualisation trick working.
Ive downloaded Last.FM - Slideshow 0.0.3 and I can get that working if I run it as a picture add-on.

But the last few posts suggest they are using it as a music viz (which is what I want to do).

I use Nox from the addon repo (obtained within xbmc) (not svn). So Im using the latest version of that. I then used TortoiseSVN to download Nox from here:
http://aeon--nox.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
and copied MusicVisualisation.xml from there into my skin.aeon.nox\720p folder.

But I can't get the viz to show the art.
Should it work for me this way? (using xbmc dharma 10.1) official from xbmc.org downloads section.
(win7)

Could do with a few pointers. Cheers if ur able to help. :-)

You have to get this addon http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=102703
I will add support for dharma in a few moments, I thought the addon only was for eden-pre, but I see it has changed to dharma also.
Big_Noid Wrote:You have to get this addon http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=102703
I will add support for dharma in a few moments, I thought the addon only was for eden-pre, but I see it has changed to dharma also.

thanks noid, I already got the add-on Smile How will it work, will there just be a Nox update to download ?
No update, you can download from trunk these two files and replace it in 720p folder:
http://aeon--nox.googlecode.com/svn/trun...sicOSD.xml

http://aeon--nox.googlecode.com/svn/trun...sation.xml

and this in language/english:
http://aeon--nox.googlecode.com/svn/trun...trings.xml
thanks very kindly for the files noid.
I've popped them in place.
Im not seeing anything different though, I must be doing something wrong...
How does xbmc know to start the script though? (I presume thats what the edited xml files do?). Do you have to set any particular options in xbmc settings? Looking at the music settings, there's no opportunity to pick last.fm slideshow as a visualization. Basically at the moment I have xbmc just play a slideshow of local images which I have on my hard drive.
PantsOnFire Wrote:thanks very kindly for the files noid.
I've popped them in place.
Im not seeing anything different though, I must be doing something wrong...
How does xbmc know to start the script though? (I presume thats what the edited xml files do?). Do you have to set any particular options in xbmc settings? Looking at the music settings, there's no opportunity to pick last.fm slideshow as a visualization. Basically at the moment I have xbmc just play a slideshow of local images which I have on my hard drive.

All the skin does is activate the script. If you have problems with the script (ie a black screen in music viz) please report to the author of the script.
After going through all the skins in XBMC, I ended up sticking with this one.
It HAS to be the best one out there Smile Thank you Big_Noid!

I have a question:
Is it possible to have a "latest aired episodes" instead of latest added? As one often updates the TV library (with older shows you have already seen), then having those in latest added is more a disturbance.
KrissO Wrote:After going through all the skins in XBMC, I ended up sticking with this one.
It HAS to be the best one out there Smile Thank you Big_Noid!

I have a question:
Is it possible to have a "latest aired episodes" instead of latest added? As one often updates the TV library (with older shows you have already seen), then having those in latest added is more a disturbance.

Thx Smile
Sadly this can't be done. In the stable version of the skin it only shows unwatched recent episodes, but in the nightlies they built the recent added in xbmc and there the unwatched episodes can't be hidden. To make it show only the recent aired episodes would require a patch for XBMC or a new script, both for which I don't have the skills to do.
Hello Big_noid,

I'm stil enjoying EAON NOX to the fullest :-) Thank you for that.

However, for a future update I might have some suggestions.

The music and Movies sections are just fantastic and I can not add anything to this, however, I was wondering if it is possible to make the picture section, and the home video section (meaning, movie section without library mode) more customizable. Currently, we can switch between all the views and the dir structure is nicely shown, but there is no way to add some sort of personal thumbs or anything to the folder icons. I know that in the picture section the folder Icons are displayed using 4 pictures and in the videos section the actual videos contain an image of the video in question, but what if you have a nice dir structure? I don''t know, this probably is not XBMC standart? It might be very hard to code? No idea.

Regarding the support for advanced launcher, I would like to also have the possibility to press the 'i' button for a file or game (in both the show case views), like in the movies or music section, so we can have a better view of the cover art and info? Don't know if this is possible?

Just some suggestion overhere. don't get me wrong, the skin is awesome!

Cheers,
Maarten
all file mode is supposed to do is show the files without the bells and whistles.
For some reason I can't seem to download this skin to try it out, its hanging on 0% =/ Any ideas?
try backing out to the main screen that generally kick starts downloads for me
Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:all file mode is supposed to do is show the files without the bells and whistles.

I understand that, but isn't anybody interested in a more customizable photo's and homevideos section? It is not a must, but when I show XBMC to friends and family, they are blown away by the movie and album section, although you mostly use the pictures and home vid section.
For example, today when visiting my parents, we were watching the home vids true XBMC (home vids don't have lib mode ofcourse - so it is file mode, wouldn't know how else to do this) and I was thinking "damn, it would have been nice to have the date of the homevid somewhere visible in the selection screen". Or some more info, maybe even something notes written by yourself...
And that is just a small thing. Customizable thumbs for private sections in XBMC, that would be cool.
But that is just my opinion of course.

I've added this thread : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...tid=103354
This discussion doesn't seem to be NOX specific perhaps?
I just got 1.3 and there no longer appears to be thumbnails in the Music section when you browse by artist (the 1:1 images of the artist) or the album art within now playing.

I know it says the known bug when round covers is enabled - The weird thing is I don't have the option for round covers anymore within the List view.

I am using Dharma (download from XBMC.org - no nightlies or anything) and I am using List view for Artists and Now Playing.

It might be something I had switched on in settings or somewhere - any help is appreciated.
Media location.

I've been editing and trying and subsequently breaking Aeon Nox. Perhaps you could point me in the right direction on how to edit this..

First, I have to say I use Low List. I really like Low List for TV Shows and Movies and am very happy with it! I think it's the best, gorgeous, brilliant and suits my needs. I think it's nicely laid out. I can see the plot, which scrolls, genre, rating, some logos, a date, etc. But in Movies and TV Shows, I'd like to add one line to make it absolutely perfect!

If you hit "I" on an episode, it'll bring up the information screen. On the very bottom, below the icons, is the media location.

I would love to copy that line below "Episodes" in TV Shows and below the "MPAA Rating" in Movies.

The reason is because of the way all my stuff is spread across external drives. I decided this may be a more sound approach than the icon idea I was borrowing before. I know there'd be a few others that would find that useful, so maybe if you wanted to make it a toggle in the skin settings, that be lovely but I'm not sure how involved it is. Either way, I want to make the modification for myself, because it be shockingly handy!

Any advice or direction would be appreciated. I've had to restore my settings several times, because I am "learning as I go" and I keep causing Low List to jumble.