Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
butchabay Wrote:Actual Progress PVR Support Aeon NOX:

Some Screenshots:

Butchabay, you never cease to amaze me.
Hunter-Killer Wrote:Butchabay, you never cease to amaze me.

Laugh

Recently still working on cirrus extended pvr ...

as i tried out how nice and fast Aeon NOX is, i decided to contribute doing PVR Support for it.

Maybe i can use some stuff from here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83681

Please don't expect a release soon, as it's really a lot of work ... and summer is coming Smile
butchabay Wrote:I just wanna say, congratulations for one of the best and nicest skin i've tested so far! It's a real pleasure seeing Aeon on Top again. Great work mate!

DazNoonan Wrote:Have to agree with the above, as I stated before in this thread this is now my skin of choice as it looks fantastic and still works very fast with so many good features.

dascmo Wrote:+1 for the perfection you've brought to this amazing skin. It continues to get better and better all the time, more and more features to make everyone happy and you still manage to keep performance rock solid.

I must say, I keep trying to think of of ways to make this skin even better but I can't. Every time I have an idea it seems to already be implemented in SVN or its a work in progress. I also seem to have a hard time finding bugs anymore. Perhaps its because I married myself to a couple of different views and never switch it up anymore but that says something as well.

On top of the great performance, robust features and slick views you have also made modding easier by adding labels in the XML files.

The only thing I can think of right now to make the skin hit a bigger audience would be to add an SD version for those living in the dark ages like me.

FYI if anyone is interested I have a v0.963 modded for SDTV using the link below. It's not perfect but it is legible. Certain views don't look that great due to the change in font size and font. This mod also implements Danofuns rightlist mod for movies and TV. The mod was based on SVN version .963 and has most of the current features and was repacked with texturepacker. I gave the skin a different ID so it won't interfere with the settings if you are running another version of NOX.

Download http://www.mediafire.com/?qei61aeet56d3si

Maybe next alternate color schemes could be added via an alternate .xbt.

All Hail the Great NOID !!!
thx all Smile
Hunter-Killer Wrote:Hey Big Noid,

Thanks for the latest update looks like UKTongueG works now! Smile

Any update on the look above?

Is it possible to have the info panel auto-hide and come in when the movie changes?
Yep, activate auto hide in media menu.
tocinillo Wrote:Great work with advanced launcher support Big_Noid!

Is it possible add darkfloor/lighfloor and infopanel, similar to movies section?

And, Is it possible change font for spanish users? Anything is wrong with caps...:
No, I'm not gonna add a lightfloor, seeing Nox means night or darkness. Maybe I will do a theme in the future.
Shinu Wrote:oh, that reminds me. i made the graphic for the extrathumbs view u requested Noid. i hope ur able to use it. Smile

http://www.mediafire.com/?x754syzl4mew0z0

Great, this is exxactly what I need. Expect an update in coming days with the new layout Big Grin
sanchox Wrote:ok i want this view:

view type: Landscape

in a video script called "pelis a la carta"

usually, the view of the script is this:

View Type: Wall
and i can't change it!, dont have the landscape viewtype
i dont know if you can help me?
thanks anyway i'll be waiting your answer, Keep the good work.
Okay, I see what you mean. I'll try to add it.
Death-Axe Wrote:Hi big noid, wall view still vanishes when coming out of a video plugin back to the video plugins selection screen.

Goes into info wallview, where the icons are way too big..... fix in the works?
Haven't had time to look at it yet. Will do so in coming days.
yadster Wrote:Loving the skin. Just a couple of quick questions. Is it possible to disable the 'settings' menu from the home screen and can the 'Press UP to see trailer' button be disabled from the movie library? Thanks for listening Smile
As of now, both can't be disabled. Seems good to have options for that. I'll try to addd it.
DannyBoy999 Wrote:Noticed a small bug - apologies if this has already been highlighted.

In TV Shows Info List episodes view, episodes with 2-digit numbers overlap the show title. Observed this with the BSG specials (S22 overlaps the title 'The Plan')
thx, i will fix it.
ameinild Wrote:The current release looks good - I've modded it to include RightlistView, but I want to make some more changes to it before sharing.
One question, is it possible to remove the clear case in Music Visualization view? If not, can you add an option to remove the case please, so you just get clean cover art. Thanks...
Yes it's possible. I will try to make an option for it.
Whizz Wrote:I think I found a bug. When a movie has more than one studio, it will display a question mark, even if logos for all studios are present. For instance, I have two movies by Dreamworks Animation in my library: Kung Fu Panda and Shrek 2. Kung Fu Panda displays the Dreamworks Animation logo, while Shrek 2 does not. Shrek 2 also has Dreamworks SKG as a studio but it doesn't display that logo either. It shows a question mark. Could this be fixed?
Can you please give me the exact entry for it in the database, so I can add the logo for it?
Victim Wrote:Did you by chance increase the size of the the posters in the fullscreen info view Noid? They seem a bit larger and the aspect ratio looks a tad bit off.
I did change something there a couple of releases back. i will see if the changes are correct.
crooksy Wrote:My one and only real issue is the way in which Aeon handles "Favorites".

It sort of defeats the purpose if you have to scroll along the main menu and press select to bring up the favorites menu. It would also be useful if the favorites menu was easily accessible from anywhere within the sub menu, instead of having to go the whole way back to the main menu.

I much prefer how the default XBMC skin handles favorites where it appears as an icon in the corner of the screen making it quicker and easier to get to. I also like how Ellipsis handles favorites where the option is always accessible from anywhere by clicking on the left arrow button.
Favorites are always accessible through shutdown menu aka pressing S anywhere in the skin.
butchabay Wrote:Anyone here interseted to integrate PVR Support in AEON NOX ?
I would like so, big_noid, hope for you it's ok ...
Yes please, I haven't got the means to test it so it will be much appreciated.
dascmo Wrote:+1 for the perfection you've brought to this amazing skin. It continues to get better and better all the time, more and more features to make everyone happy and you still manage to keep performance rock solid.

I must say, I keep trying to think of of ways to make this skin even better but I can't. Every time I have an idea it seems to already be implemented in SVN or its a work in progress. I also seem to have a hard time finding bugs anymore. Perhaps its because I married myself to a couple of different views and never switch it up anymore but that says something as well.

On top of the great performance, robust features and slick views you have also made modding easier by adding labels in the XML files.

The only thing I can think of right now to make the skin hit a bigger audience would be to add an SD version for those living in the dark ages like me.

FYI if anyone is interested I have a v0.963 modded for SDTV using the link below. It's not perfect but it is legible. Certain views don't look that great due to the change in font size and font. This mod also implements Danofuns rightlist mod for movies and TV. The mod was based on SVN version .963 and has most of the current features and was repacked with texturepacker. I gave the skin a different ID so it won't interfere with the settings if you are running another version of NOX.

Download http://www.mediafire.com/?qei61aeet56d3si

Maybe next alternate color schemes could be added via an alternate .xbt.

All Hail the Great NOID !!!

I agree with all you said! Big Grin
Big Noid is really doing a great job! It's also great that any feedback is handled and if usefull added Laugh

Dascmo, tnx for the SD version! I also live in the dark ages, so the bigger font really helps a lot! You're right that the info on some panels (like the showcase info panel) is a bit hard to right (not enough room for the words), but for me and my oldskool TV it's great Nod !
Thanks Big_noid, you're doing an awesome job! Big Grin
Thanks for your awesome work Big!

Just one more question: its possible to change the default font for spanish users? Caps don't working correctly... Sad

Thanks in advance!
tocinillo Wrote:Thanks for your awesome work Big!

Just one more question: its possible to change the default font for spanish users? Caps don't working correctly... Sad

Thanks in advance!
Yeah it's possible, but it will require a lot of work. All the uppercase labels need to be rplaced for an all caps font. If you search for [UPPERCASE] in all xml files you will see how much there are. I tried to begin with it a couple of weeks ago, but it's too much like real life work so I didn't go through with it. I think it's faster if the trac ticket can be solved, because it's a bug in XBMC after all.
is it possible to directly open/start cinema-experience script when going into "movies" section? btw. I love this skin Smile
Would it be possible to have about 2 or 3 more favourites for the main menu?
akey83 Wrote:is it possible to directly open/start cinema-experience script when going into "movies" section? btw. I love this skin Smile
Not directly, there is an option in general skin settings to default the submenu of the movies to cinema experience though.
Death-Axe Wrote:Would it be possible to have about 2 or 3 more favourites for the main menu?
I forgot about that. i will try not to forget it again.
@Big_Noid

i have add 3 playlists to the menumenü. One called New, one Childmovies, one Childseries. Now the distance from menupoint to menupoint is not the same. It looks not homogeneous. It looks so:

Movies ChildmoviesChildseries New System ......

I hope you know what i mean. Is there any chance to make this homogeneous ?

Greets
Eisi
tocinillo Wrote:+1, and the spanish translation with caps removed isnt working correctly Sad

EDIT: Here is the latest spanish strings with Active Breadcrumbs fixed (I put only "ARRIBA para ver trailer","ABAJO para ver trailer","IZQUIERDA para ver trailer" and "DERECHA para ver trailer"), and I change "SELECT para ver trailer" to "ENTER para ver trailer".

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q6F0SA0R
thx i will include it.
Eisi2005 Wrote:@Big_Noid

i have add 3 playlists to the menumenü. One called New, one Childmovies, one Childseries. Now the distance from menupoint to menupoint is not the same. It looks not homogeneous. It looks so:

Movies ChildmoviesChildseries New System ......

I hope you know what i mean. Is there any chance to make this homogeneous ?

Greets
Eisi
Yeah the spaces between menu items are too small. Some people also reported this problem when adding favorites too main menu. I like it the way it is now, but I'll see if I can make an option for a wider menu, eg 3 items on screen instead of five.
thanks for the info. I have one more problem. Cinema Experience with its custom intros is only working with some movies. For example, i start Movie X - it works and I see custom intros, but when I start Movie Y the Movie starts immediatly. The funny thing is its not random, its always the same movie which has problems. Any advice?