Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Big_Noid Wrote:I'm working on the artist clearart. The weather widget will be in next update. I still have to work out some bugs. If that and the clearart are done I'll put in a pull request for official repo.

That's strange. I test this skin on windows all the time and have no such issues. Only time I had something like this is when I enabled dds fanart on my windows machine and ATI HD4890 card. I figured my card doesn't properly support this feature and when I turned it off and deleted all dds images everything was back to normal.

Am i correct in thinking that having all views enabled adds an overhead as well?

If so maybe try disabling all but the views you need?
Two requests:

1. An option for having animated backgrounds only on the home menu
2. Being able to have darker backdrops only in movies (instead in Movies & TVshows)

Beside that, everything is impressive as usual. Smile
Uridium_uk Wrote:Am i correct in thinking that having all views enabled adds an overhead as well?

If so maybe try disabling all but the views you need?
Disabling views will definitely speed things up, but I don't understand why it's slow in the first place. I tested this skin on my laptop, which has 2 gb ram and a 1,6 ghz dualcore and it is as fast as on my regular machine
ubuntuf4n Wrote:Two requests:

1. An option for having animated backgrounds only on the home menu
2. Being able to have darker backdrops only in movies (instead in Movies & TVshows)

Beside that, everything is impressive as usual. Smile
Added the first one, nice thinking and easy to implement.
About the second one. I don't really see why that is relevant to switch between movies and tv shows?
I have a question. Is it possible for XBMC to use music visualizations as homescreen backgrounds? Why I asked is because I saw a video released by ZombieRobot showing a very simply effect that I think would look great as a full-fledged wallpaper.

http://www.vimeo.com/26122738
Shinu Wrote:I have a question. Is it possible for XBMC to use music visualizations as homescreen backgrounds? Why I asked is because I saw a video released by ZombieRobot showing a very simply effect that I think would look great as a full-fledged wallpaper.

http://www.vimeo.com/26122738

Looks quite nice. The only way I can see this implemented is as a multi-image control set to play images in order at high speed. That would probably eat cpu like crazy though.
Thanks Big_Noid for this nice looking skin. I'm using it now for two days and have the feeling i'll never go back to default Confluence Smile

There is one thing that hopefully you can make clear. In other skins I'm able to start a Recursive SlideShow from the pictures section and have a random/notRandom toggle, but in Aeon Nox I cannot find the right buttons for this.

Are these functions available? or, is there any way to add this?
naartem Wrote:Thanks Big_Noid for this nice looking skin. I'm using it now for two days and have the feeling i'll never go back to default Confluence Smile

There is one thing that hopefully you can make clear. In other skins I'm able to start a Recursive SlideShow from the pictures section and have a random/notRandom toggle, but in Aeon Nox I cannot find the right buttons for this.

Are these functions available? or, is there any way to add this?

I never added those buttons :o Fixed in svn/git and will be in next update.
Big_Noid Wrote:I never added those buttons :o Fixed in svn/git and will be in next update.

Thanks for your quick response and solution! I copied the new xml lines from the svn!
Quite impressive how quick you picked this up, thnx!
Is there an easy way to get a shortcut for pseudoTV on the homescreen?
ghostelement Wrote:Is there an easy way to get a shortcut for pseudoTV on the homescreen?

Add PseudoTV as Favourite, then under System->Skin you can create a shortcut on the home menu for this Favourite (see 'favorites shortcuts'->add Favourite to Home Menu). It will look like any other menu items.
Quick request: would it be possible to get a "clear all" button in the playlist C menu please?
Just a few things, to make this perfect in my book:

I have TV SHOWS and MOVIES split from the overall VIDEOS label. In the background customizer its possible to use fanart for VIDEOS, but not for TV SHOWS and MOVIES. It would be great to have this options for those categories where it only shows TV SHOW fanart for the background of the TV SHOW menu item, and similar for MOVIES.

Last thing, I like the "show latest movie posters widget." Is it possible to get a similar "show latest episode poster widget?" I usually have more than 1 episode added to my library and would like to be able to see and scroll through them similar to the latest movies widget.

Thank you
well, I solve the slow homescreen problem. stupidly I did various changes at once and then I went to the home screen so I am not 100% sure which one did the trick. I think it was the disable of view types I don't use.

Thanks!!
Mindzai Wrote:Quick request: would it be possible to get a "clear all" button in the playlist C menu please?
I don't have control over what is shown in the context menu. Also there's no default button available that says clear all, only clear. But it does clear all I believe (it's in the media menu)
Ws6vert Wrote:Just a few things, to make this perfect in my book:

I have TV SHOWS and MOVIES split from the overall VIDEOS label. In the background customizer its possible to use fanart for VIDEOS, but not for TV SHOWS and MOVIES. It would be great to have this options for those categories where it only shows TV SHOW fanart for the background of the TV SHOW menu item, and similar for MOVIES.

Last thing, I like the "show latest movie posters widget." Is it possible to get a similar "show latest episode poster widget?" I usually have more than 1 episode added to my library and would like to be able to see and scroll through them similar to the latest movies widget.

Thank you
XBMC doesn't split fanart for movies and tv shows, that's why there is no button available for that. Have a look at the script video fanart splitter. It does just that and then you can point the backdrops to the folders created by the script.
I have no plans to make a poster widget for episodes. If you enable the latest episodes widget it will have the same functionality.
Hi,

I've just installed it yesterday it's an awsome skin Big Grin

Two questions :
1. I am french, there is a problem with the font whith accents. Is there a way to manage it ?
2. Sometime, while browsing movie on the media view, when i get back to the menu with my Apple remote, i arrive to the file menu, how can i avoid that ?

Thanks