Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Jep has solo mode now Nod
I'll just hold the PR for them to sort out the script calling. We're just discussing how this is done best.
The pre-Eden version is already available from the repo as standalone (solo mode is functioning but can change like i mentioned).
Dharma version is almost complete so will be ready soon i think.
I'll give you a heads up if it's ready. Do you want it optional or required (added to your addon.xml)?

You can make it a required one. It's not going in Dharma version of Nox anymore, development has stopped (for real now) with the announcement of the feature freeze.
Big_Noid Wrote:You can make it a required one. It's not going in Dharma version of Nox anymore, development has stopped (for real now) with the announcement of the feature freeze.

Ok will do. Understandable it's frozen. Especially when Eden is at the verge of being released. But just for the people who still want to use it they can install it seperately. Then it will be only bulk mode or edit the skin themself.
[quote=Big_Noid]Yeah I reverted it back. Can't make up my mind about it seems.
QUOTE]

yeah i know what you mean at first i wasnt sure i liked it but i came to like it it helps me determin what thumb i have selected if i get lost lol.

also had a question. does the cdartmanager script have a solo mode? i see you added options for it in the skin. i cant even get the script to work it scans my libarary but finds nothing. i have tryed the git version and the one in xbmc repo so was confused when i saw these additions to the skin am i just stupid or something?
Does anybody else have no movie titles and infos at the bottom of showcase view?

XBMC 11.0 (git 20111003) and Aeon Nox 2.0.0

Took a new git pull on aoen nox repository and xbmc 20111005 - works again Smile
Hack_kid Wrote:also had a question. does the cdartmanager script have a solo mode? i see you added options for it in the skin. i cant even get the script to work it scans my libarary but finds nothing. i have tryed the git version and the one in xbmc repo so was confused when i saw these additions to the skin am i just stupid or something?

CDArtmanager doesn't have a solo mode (maybe in the future). Nox just opens the Add-on like you would from the add-ons section.
There are some problems with the nightlies and CDartmanager i think (and several other add-ons).
Hi all,

Just trying out Aeon NOX...love the look of the skin, but it's crashing fairly often on my ATV2 compared to Confluence. I'm using the Oct 4 nightly and the latest SVN version of NOX (from the Passion repo).

For instance, just now, I was scrolling through my movies, and I crashed back to Front Row abruptly. Here's the pastebin, which to my untrained eye shows nothing wrong:

http://pastebin.com/3DGhswpc

Is NOX SVN relatively stable on recent ATV2 nightlies in your experiences?
On a separate note, may I suggest to the skin author...in the TV Show InfoList mode, I think it might be preferable for the "selected" show to be the middle one of the 5 shows shown when BannerList is enabled. Right now, it's the second from the bottom one that's the "selected" one. It's a bit confusing, especially because (this is suggestion #2) the "non-selected" banners are almost as brightly lit as the selected one, so it's hard to tell at an instant glance which is the selected banner. It might be a good idea to dim the non-selected banners a little more.

Anyway this is all just nitpicking of course, as the skin overall is the most gorgeous I've seen Smile I just wish I could get it to work reliably!
Another crash...went into Movies, scrolled through several of them, and then abruptly got kicked back to FrontRow. Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/i9RWrYPh
Does this also happen when using Confluence? Seems like it's overloaded with cashing image files and xbmc can't handle it. Don't think it's a skin issue. Running Nox couple of months on nightlies and so far the only problems were with xbmc itself and not Nox.
Hack_kid Wrote:also had a question. does the cdartmanager script have a solo mode? i see you added options for it in the skin.

Not yet, and normally I don't make these shortcuts if there's no solo mode, but I wanted a place where you can see the whole cdart and that was the right place for it and it seemed silly if the button cdart didn't do anything.
canadave Wrote:Another crash...went into Movies, scrolled through several of them, and then abruptly got kicked back to FrontRow. Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/i9RWrYPh

I saw one skin related error. I fixed that one just now. Don't think it's the cause of the crash but you never know.
hey Big_Noid can you in dharma version of the skin 1.70 make trailer in featured video widget. left to see trailer and right to refresh??please..there is one for the latest movie poster but not for featurerd..?? is the best skin out there and i have used them all

thank you
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Does this also happen when using Confluence? Seems like it's overloaded with cashing image files and xbmc can't handle it. Don't think it's a skin issue. Running Nox couple of months on nightlies and so far the only problems were with xbmc itself and not Nox.
Nope, Confluence runs perfectly. That's what was odd, and what makes me think it's related to the skin somehow. However, there might be something else going on there; I tried cirrus extended skin too, and got similar random crashes from navigation as well.

Big_Noid Wrote:I saw one skin related error. I fixed that one just now. Don't think it's the cause of the crash but you never know.
Thanks...I'll give it another go and do some more testing on my end. It's such a pity, as like I said NOX is a gorgeous skin! I'd really like to try to get it working, so I'll keep at it.
canadave Wrote:Nope, Confluence runs perfectly. That's what was odd, and what makes me think it's related to the skin somehow. However, there might be something else going on there; I tried cirrus extended skin too, and got similar random crashes from navigation as well.
If it also happens in Cirrus Ext. i think i more a problem with the more advanced skins. These make a lot more use of (extra)fanart than Confluence so if xbmc can't keep up with cashing the image it's possible it crashes. There are still some problems with some add-ons running at the same time causing some threading problems. Maybe just slower navigating through the menu's so xbmc has time to proces the images. Cashing is a one time exircise so eventually it will be fixed.
Saying that the problem is indeed caused by this. Just try some slower navigating and PM me a log if it's still crashing and i'll see what's going on.

Quote:Thanks...I'll give it another go and do some more testing on my end. It's such a pity, as like I said NOX is a gorgeous skin! I'd really like to try to get it working, so I'll keep at it.
You're using the passion-repo so it might take some days before the Git version of Nox will be available in the passion-svn.
You could also do a manual download and install from the Aeon Nox github.
Thanks for the clarification, and I'll give it a shot--what you say makes sense and sounds plausible enough. cheers!

One question--when you say "caching is a one-time exercise so eventually it will be fixed", I'm not sure what you're saying there--are you saying that the XBMC developers are aware there's an issue and are working on fixing it? Or are you saying something different?