Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:what are you using to get your music in order...thats the task that i dread the most, I end up mucking things up so it ends up worse than before.

I also use Album Art Downloader for cover ans to create the missing cdart for those cool looking spinning disc Cool
fional Wrote:I don't use banners, I use posters, but I'm curious - what happens if there's no banner for that TV Show in banner view? Does it generate one just in text? Or is it just a blank banner?

Shows a fallback picture but no text.

To be honest I used to prefer banners but have become very accustomed to posters which is how I have it now. I believe the logo downloader is set to download a banner.jpg and if I recall the skin checked to see if banners or posters were enabled and would choose which image to show (i.e. if posters are default and you switch to a banner view it should look for banner.jpg and vice versa). In v1.5 I can seamlessly switch views with no issue that I know of and it will display the proper image.
Shinu Wrote:@ LiLChris. Downloaded that series just today. Laugh I used to have the same issue, until I realized everything needed to be in a Season folder for the logo to show. But u shouldn't have that issue with Angel Beats. It also has a specials season, so... Nod

Well the OVA's (specials) are usually in the middle of the series like that one is I believe episode 5 so I count it as the same.
But I get what you mean, other series have specials that are outside the actual story line which deserve its own season.
Can anyone please tell me how I can enable visualisations when playing music? or is there a way to change the background picture to the album art??

I'm running the latest nightly build on ATV 2 (I had to change the default music player to use the video player due to the 1 second bug)

Thanks in advance
Love this skin but have a question.

I'm using the Showcase view and when adding new files i get nice logos with resolution, sound quality and more on the right and left side of the filename. But after i made an info search, adding movie cover, fanart and so on these logos disapear.

On movies added after switching to Aeon Nox i get the logos back after pressing I and then go back again, but this doesn't work on movies added before switching from Confluence to Aeon Nox.

How do i make them visible at all times?

I'm using XBMC 10.1 on a Mac with OS 10.7 and Aeon Nox 1.5

fional Wrote:Very true Smile But something good came out of it, while I was at it, I modded the lowlist view and replaced premiered to tell me what drive the stuff was on. Made it a lot easier, then I could just scroll, rather than scroll and hit I.

I do like Nox Smile

Working on getting my music in order and getting the clearart, it'll be cool seeing the cd spin in lowlist view, for as much of it as I can...a surprising lack of Irish Traditional Artist clearart haha, not a big surprise! Got a bit of work to do locally inserting what I can spin up with CDArt Manager.

Quick question, does the music artist logo do anything in Nox? I know we can do the cdart and such?
Artist logo is supported in LowList view.
fional Wrote:I'm not sure if this is a Nox issue or XBMC issue, but it's a bit bizarre.

When I go to Videos, I hit down. From there I select "Music Videos"

If I go into "Artists" - it displays a list of artists...however, I can't select an Artist. No key seems to do anything, not enter, not "I", etc.

The same is true for "Album". The .nfo files are set up correctly, in that an album is listed. And it does see the proper list of artists for the videos I have, which tells me it is reading the .nfo file correctly in that regard - but it doesn't seem to do anything.
I don't have any music videos. Will try to get some and test it. You can check confluence if it's a skin issue or nox.
dascmo Wrote:I find it funny that a similar view was implemented back in version .3 or .5 of Aeon Nox (i forget which) and wound up being pulled out in favor of a banner wall.
Yeah that's right. I still have it somewhere I think. I'll see if I can throw it back in with some adjustments, because I wasn't completely happy with that view.
ady199 Wrote:Can anyone please tell me how I can enable visualisations when playing music? or is there a way to change the background picture to the album art??

I'm running the latest nightly build on ATV 2 (I had to change the default music player to use the video player due to the 1 second bug)

Thanks in advance
On keyboard it's "tab".
Fredrik M Wrote:Love this skin but have a question.

I'm using the Showcase view and when adding new files i get nice logos with resolution, sound quality and more on the right and left side of the filename. But after i made an info search, adding movie cover, fanart and so on these logos disapear.

On movies added after switching to Aeon Nox i get the logos back after pressing I and then go back again, but this doesn't work on movies added before switching from Confluence to Aeon Nox.

How do i make them visible at all times?

I'm using XBMC 10.1 on a Mac with OS 10.7 and Aeon Nox 1.5

Tthe first picture is file mode, the second is library mode.
@Big_Noid: I use Showcase for Albums view, and I'm browsing my artist discography (albums sorted by year, from debut to recent one). It will nice if Showcase view can be also 'fixed-list' instead of an endless loop. Example: loop in Nox, fixed list in Aeon65
That will be nice in any showcase view (movies, tv shows etc), hope this won't be so hard to do.
Congrats on your work!
sergiocos Wrote:@Big_Noid: I use Showcase for Albums view, and I'm browsing my artist discography (albums sorted by year, from debut to recent one). It will nice if Showcase view can be also 'fixed-list' instead of an endless loop. Example: loop in Nox, fixed list in Aeon65
That will be nice in any showcase view (movies, tv shows etc), hope this won't be so hard to do.
Congrats on your work!
Yeah that's what the option Use wrap list in showcase and landscape view is supposed to do. I see I only implemented in the no coverflow mode. Will fix that, but probably only in git.
I've now managed to get to the Media menu but when I select Audio Visualization - it shows:-

iTunes Visualizations
OpenGL Spectrum
projectM
waveform

I've tried selecting all of them but I'm unable to see the Visualization

Any ideas??

Anyone know a good external music nfo creator (something like Ember)?
I only found one that creates an nfo file from a tracklist but i want want witch also scrappes allmusic.com or something simular
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Anyone know a good external music nfo creator (something like Ember)?
I only found one that creates an nfo file from a tracklist but i want want witch also scrappes allmusic.com or something simular

That sounds cool, but how would this differ from the tag information in the mp3?
fional Wrote:That sounds cool, but how would this differ from the tag information in the mp3?

It would include album reviews, etc. All the stuff that you find when you "I" on an album/artist. So when you re-add your library it goes as fast as adding your movie/series when you use nfo files. Now it has to do that all over again.
Thanks for a great skin.

There are a couple of things I would like to see in the music visualization screen - the total number of tracks in the playlist (eg. track 2 of 12) and a track time elapsed 'progress bar' (maybe under the cover image like it is in Confluence?).

I don't actually use a visualization. Any way that the space at the top could be used for something else such a a larger cover image and a list of tracks remaining?

Thanks,
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:It would include album reviews, etc. All the stuff that you find when you "I" on an album/artist. So when you re-add your library it goes as fast as adding your movie/series when you use nfo files. Now it has to do that all over again.

Ahh, does such software exist to do this? You mentioned one from a tracklist? Cause I'm totally in favour of having .nfo files. That way if my DB goes or whatever, it's not that bad. Plus, it's kind of neat.
fional Wrote:Ahh, does such software exist to do this? You mentioned one from a tracklist? Cause I'm totally in favour of having .nfo files. That way if my DB goes or whatever, it's not that bad. Plus, it's kind of neat.

I myself use tagscanner. You drag some files into track list and hit export tracklist.
Had to do some thinkering to get it just the way i want it but it works.
You can do the same i think with many other programs like media monkey.
It's sort of a playlist but you store it as .nfo (as text or XML layout) and xbmc can work with that. As long as you stck to the rules of nfo files for xbmc.
Downside it you have to do this one album at a time or create one very large one.
I'll give that a try soon