Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
dascmo Wrote:Bug in latest git.

Breadcrumbs analog clock has no hands
The label returns empty. I made a trac ticket for this.
svinyard Wrote:Is there a Dharma version that has all the recent updates that aren't in 1.5 in the repo?
No. To get the new updates a nightly build is required.
Rygrath Wrote:To be filed under a wish list item Smile

I was never a big fan of that option to be honest. i do agree it's nice to have both on the screen, which is why I made the poster widget for movies. Maybe I can think of something like that for episodes and music.
Eddage Wrote:I'm currently playing around with theming this skin, partly so I can try and teach myself about XBMC skinning and also because this skin is fantastic and I figured it would be a good starting point.

Here's a few of screens of what I've managed so far...

I've run into a bit of a roadblock though and was hoping someone with better knowledge of the skin could help...

I'm currently trying to edit the episodes view and can't figure out how to change the background colour, I'm trying to give it a white tint rather than a black one. I'm guessing it's handled in an include, but I had a look and couldn't see anything.

I know this should probably be asked in the skin forum but thought I would asked here since it's relating to this skin specifically.

Thanks in advance for any help and thanks for this fantastic skin! Big Grin
Looks nice. I always love the white background/dark brown text contrast.
You're looking for an include called Common_Fanartoverlay in Includes_Viewtypes.xml
any luck fixing the master lock issue i mentioned before Noid? also experiencing an issue where the names if movies in the info screen changes to the audio codec name for some reason. this issue only appear after installing the latest nightly and version of the skin...

hi all

love this skin got it just about right now but how do you get UK movie ratings as there all american ?

I use ember media manager asn have them all scraped as american but when i change a couple to uk it does not show a rating on aeon nox ?

can anyone help

thanks
Big_Noid, I'm not sure if you're aware of this already or not, but in both the stable build, and the latest build of this skin, there is an issue with displaying the CDArt spinning disc in the list view. I'm talking about the disc that pops UP from the cover art and spins.

The disc isn't perfectly round, it's more of a skewed oval shape, and looks very strange when spinning. It only seems to do it in the list view with the disc that pops up. The disc on the side of the cover art looks more rounded.

Here is a video demonstrating what I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJRdZlro_Zs
Eddage Wrote:I'm currently playing around with theming this skin, partly so I can try and teach myself about XBMC skinning and also because this skin is fantastic and I figured it would be a good starting point.

Here's a few of screens of what I've managed so far...

I've run into a bit of a roadblock though and was hoping someone with better knowledge of the skin could help...

I'm currently trying to edit the episodes view and can't figure out how to change the background colour, I'm trying to give it a white tint rather than a black one. I'm guessing it's handled in an include, but I had a look and couldn't see anything.

I know this should probably be asked in the skin forum but thought I would asked here since it's relating to this skin specifically.

Thanks in advance for any help and thanks for this fantastic skin! Big Grin

This is just.. it's just.. incredible! Looking forward to see a complete theme!! Big Grin

edit: removed images so my post doesn't take ages to scroll through.
Shinu Wrote:any luck fixing the master lock issue i mentioned before Noid? also experiencing an issue where the names if movies in the info screen changes to the audio codec name for some reason. this issue only appear after installing the latest nightly and version of the skin...
Oh, forgot to change back when I was testing something. Forgot about the lock thing, will try to get to that today.
meridius Wrote:hi all

love this skin got it just about right now but how do you get UK movie ratings as there all american ?

I use ember media manager asn have them all scraped as american but when i change a couple to uk it does not show a rating on aeon nox ?

can anyone help

thanks
UK ratings are supported. They are expected to be like this in your database:
Code:
UK:U UK:PG UK:12 UK:12A UK:15 UK:18
ghostelement Wrote:Big_Noid, I'm not sure if you're aware of this already or not, but in both the stable build, and the latest build of this skin, there is an issue with displaying the CDArt spinning disc in the list view. I'm talking about the disc that pops UP from the cover art and spins.

The disc isn't perfectly round, it's more of a skewed oval shape, and looks very strange when spinning. It only seems to do it in the list view with the disc that pops up. The disc on the side of the cover art looks more rounded.

Here is a video demonstrating what I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJRdZlro_Zs
Well, that doesn't look very good Big Grin
Tried to fix it just now, just curious, what resolution is that, because I can't reproduce it in 16:9 aspectratio.
Big_Noid Wrote:Oh, forgot to change back when I was testing something. Forgot about the lock thing, will try to get to that today.

UK ratings are supported. They are expected to be like this in your database:
Code:
UK:U UK:PG UK:12 UK:12A UK:15 UK:18

Well, that doesn't look very good Big Grin
Tried to fix it just now, just curious, what resolution is that, because I can't reproduce it in 16:9 aspectratio.

It's 1920x1200 (16x10).
Big_Noid Wrote:Looks nice. I always love the white background/dark brown text contrast.
You're looking for an include called Common_Fanartoverlay in Includes_Viewtypes.xml

Ah, thanks Big_Noid, I'll get cracking and see how much more I can do!

(I'll probably be asking more questions in less than a day :p )
Big_Noid Wrote:No. To get the new updates a nightly build is required.

Does that mean there won't be any more skin updates for Dharma 10.1?

May be just the push I need to risk the nightly, I'm just nervous to make that wee step as most everything seems so tidy now on my system Tongue
fional Wrote:Does that mean there won't be any more skin updates for Dharma 10.1?

May be just the push I need to risk the nightly, I'm just nervous to make that wee step as most everything seems so tidy now on my system Tongue

One more, final bugfix release. The nightlies seem pretty stable atm, but it can break at any update. It was too much of a hassle backporting everything, plus recent changes were too big to put in a stable release imo.
Big_Noid Wrote:One more, final bugfix release. The nightlies seem pretty stable atm, but it can break at any update. It was too much of a hassle backporting everything, plus recent changes were too big to put in a stable release imo.

I think I'll switch to the nightlies, I'll admit I'm a bit confused by how that all works. Sort of learning this as I go and I didn't really find any info on the wiki other than they can break any time and such

I really like Nox, and appreciate you helping me with that drive mod on the lowlist bit. I've now extended that and am quite pleased with my adjustment which makes handling external drives loads easier Smile Thanks!
Big_Noid Wrote:Well, that doesn't look very good Big Grin

I think the same goes for the "busy dialog". Maybe it's hardly notisable in 16x10 but on my test pc (1280x1024) it's very obvious. There a lot more images that are stretch out but i don't know if you ever intended to support this screen res. Here's an example
Mediamenu and posters are stretch out. For me it's not a problem because i normally use 1080i res. But that means that others with 16x10 also experience this problem without maybe noticing. So maybe adding
Code:
<aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
or
<aspectratio align="center">keep</aspectratio>
is a good idea.
fional Wrote:I think I'll switch to the nightlies, I'll admit I'm a bit confused by how that all works. Sort of learning this as I go and I didn't really find any info on the wiki other than they can break any time and such
I'm running the nightly's for 3 or 4 months now and so far they seem to be fairly stable. Sometimes they change something that has "some side affects" so for example you get an empty screen at startup. But usually that's solved pretty quick.
At the moment i'm using "XBMCSetup-20110802-a8d22f6-master" and no real problems so far.
Just install and run. That's all you have to do
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:I'm running the nightly's for 3 or 4 months now and so far they seem to be fairly stable. Sometimes they change something that has "some side affects" so for example you get an empty screen at startup. But usually that's solved pretty quick.
At the moment i'm using "XBMCSetup-20110802-a8d22f6-master" and no real problems so far.
Just install and run. That's all you have to do

Ok, I'll go grab that - and then getting the Nox skin, is it from the repo or do I do it manually?