Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
vansmak Wrote:BigNoid - AWESOME WORK!! Appreciate not only the time and energy you put into this skin, but ALSO the time and energy you put into answering all our questions!

I posed this question to BlueCop (plugin author) over in the Video Plugin Section and now I need some help from you. Note: My skillset is best defined as "hack" so please explain it to me like I'm 15 years old.

I want to define the Menu Views of the Aeon Skin in the Hulu plugin, I found the line in the python code, that he has defined for the Confluence Skin. But I don't know how to match them up to the Aeon Skin. BlueCop suggested I ask over here what the view ids are for each view in Aeon. I don't know where to get these from in looking over the .xml.

The line I need to change is listed below:

confluence_views = [500,501,502,503,504,508]
if common.settings['viewenable'] == 'true':
view=int(common.settings["defaultview"])
xbmc.executebuiltin("Container.SetViewMode("+str(confluence_views[view])+")")

Where can I find the Aeon "views" to alter the tree above in the plugin?

Thanks Again!! If you ever to get Ohio, I'll buy you a beer!

Look for the 720P folder in the aeon.nox addon and you should see some xml files starting with viewtype* open each one of them and you see a line towards the end of the file like this

<visible>Control.IsVisible(504)</visible>

the number you see there is the one you would need. I found it the hard way when i changed for my espn plugin Tongue but there could be an easier way.

best of luck
Is there a way to sort movie sets differently than the rest of my movies? For example, I am using the showcase mode, sorted by name. As I scroll along my movies and find a collection, I'll open that collection and it, too, will be sorted by name. I'd like the collections sorted by years, so the oldest movie of the collection was first in my list and so on.

Additionally, it'd be nice (for my setup Smile) to use wrap in my main movie collection browsing, but not in my collections. That way when I open a 2 movie collection, it only shows those 2 movies, not those two movies in an endless cycle.

Just a wishlist if Bid Noid is bored. Thanks!
i think season fanart is broken.
can anyone please tell me what xml/'s and line/'s i would need to edit in order to lower the home menu even more please

many thanks

paul
hunkyn Wrote:Look for the 720P folder in the aeon.nox addon and you should see some xml files starting with viewtype* open each one of them and you see a line towards the end of the file like this

<visible>Control.IsVisible(504)</visible>

the number you see there is the one you would need. I found it the hard way when i changed for my espn plugin Tongue but there could be an easier way.

best of luck

Worked like I charm....I'm always appreciative of people far smarter than me! You saved me hours of work! Thanks!
jmpa Wrote:I have some concerts and i would like when u show info appears the track name. In confluence it show, with AEON shows a lot of info but dont appear the track name. Is it possible?
Probably yes. I would need to have a concert with tracknames first to test with.
TeKo Wrote:Yea in the main menu, Cirrus Ext has an option to use fanart.

Aeon Nox doesnt seem to have the option only thing I can do I set fanart for every Menu but then it changes every time I switch between them and not only every X seconds.
I just stick with default then, thx.
No, there's no option for global fanart on home screen.
LakersFan Wrote:Is there a way to sort movie sets differently than the rest of my movies? For example, I am using the showcase mode, sorted by name. As I scroll along my movies and find a collection, I'll open that collection and it, too, will be sorted by name. I'd like the collections sorted by years, so the oldest movie of the collection was first in my list and so on.

Additionally, it'd be nice (for my setup Smile) to use wrap in my main movie collection browsing, but not in my collections. That way when I open a 2 movie collection, it only shows those 2 movies, not those two movies in an endless cycle.

Just a wishlist if Bid Noid is bored. Thanks!
Don't think this is possible, not on skin level anyway.
Shinu Wrote:i think season fanart is broken.
Yes, because it was not compatible with other languages then English it was changed. If you don't feel like renaming everything revert the changes made in variables.xml in this commit.
chunk1982 Wrote:can anyone please tell me what xml/'s and line/'s i would need to edit in order to lower the home menu even more please

many thanks

paul
Look for 'Skin.HasSetting(lowermainmenu)' in the skin (quite a few xml's) and change the slide animation according to your needs. For example in Home.xml change the number 225.
Code:
<animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,225" time="400" tween="cubic" easing="inout" condition="Skin.HasSetting(lowermainmenu)">Conditional</animation>
Great work on this by the way.

Love the tvshow banner view and the simple speed of it all.
Eisi2005 Wrote:@LakersFan

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Movie_sets

use sorttitle it works

Greets
Eisi

Ahh, yes. Thank you. Smile
Has something changed with extrafanart for music artists? Ever since upgrading to Eden Beta 2 and the latest build of Nox, the images that I have in my extrafanart directory for each artist aren't showing as I scroll through them. If I stop and hover on an artist for a minute then the extrafanart will finally start to show. This has been driving me crazy, thanks for any help you guys can provide!
BadBradc Wrote:Has something changed with extrafanart for music artists? Ever since upgrading to Eden Beta 2 and the latest build of Nox, the images that I have in my extrafanart directory for each artist aren't showing as I scroll through them. If I stop and hover on an artist for a minute then the extrafanart will finally start to show. This has been driving me crazy, thanks for any help you guys can provide!

10 sec to be precise. This is a feature and improves scrollspeed.
Big_Noid Wrote:10 sec to be precise. This is a feature and improves scrollspeed.

Well I'm happy to hear that it was intentional and I'm not going crazy. Can you add the ability to revert to the old setting if someone wants to or am I going to have to go through every single artist and set the first fanart images manually?
Hey Big_Noid,

first of all thanks for this great skin!
I'm new on xbmc, 'cause i was sick of the win7 mce at all, and with xbmc, i can finally get rid of it.

I'm using the 11 beta 2 version of xbmc with your latest version (i guess) of your skin, loaded via the settings in xbmc.

I've searched this thread and it's truly hard to review 489 pages of posts, so i ask my little question right away:

Is it possible to use banners instead of posters for the genres-icons in database-mode (movies->genres) using the thumbnail-view?

May i have overseen an option or setting to enable this feature?
Or have i to edit a xml-file to enable it?

Thanks for in advance for an answer and please keep up the very good work!!
I have both LRC and CU Lyrics addons enabled, tried both in Aeon Nox but when music is playing, I press M and the lyrics button is not there. Any idea? Eden Beta 2, Aeon Nox lastest from git.
Thanks.
theGuillaume Wrote:I have both LRC and CU Lyrics addons enabled, tried both in Aeon Nox but when music is playing, I press M and the lyrics button is not there. Any idea? Eden Beta 2, Aeon Nox lastest from git.
Thanks.

You have to enable lyrics in skin settings and select your lyric addon first.