Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NBC Sports Live Extra
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-04-26, 08:59)stammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-25, 23:33)joshclare Wrote: [ -> ]thank you very much, worked! Smile although i think i will look for an alternative method of watching as you cannot get proper full screen as there is an advert at the top. much appreciated, thank you for your help.

What operating system are you using?

The Windows 8.1 app is very good and plays all broadcasts in full screen without the ads

Daft question but how do you download the windows app? Ita not in my store even when I connect via vpn
(2015-04-26, 09:21)Akki007 Wrote: [ -> ]Daft question but how do you download the windows app? Ita not in my store even when I connect via vpn

Your region needs to be set to The United States
(2015-04-26, 09:50)stammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-26, 09:21)Akki007 Wrote: [ -> ]Daft question but how do you download the windows app? Ita not in my store even when I connect via vpn

Your region needs to be set to The United States

On the actual machine? Or on my account settings?
On the actual machine, I'm not on a Windows 8 machine right now but go to pc settings then region and language and set the region to USA
(2015-04-26, 11:37)stammie Wrote: [ -> ]On the actual machine, I'm not on a Windows 8 machine right now but go to pc settings then region and language and set the region to USA

Aaah. Will give it a go! Cheers for that. How smooth is playback on the win8 app?
It takes about a minute to 90 seconds for the quality to ramp up to the top bitrate but playback is as smooth as a baby's bottom.
I find the picture isn't quite as good as viewing through Kodi but its still pretty good
(2015-04-25, 14:01)footyfan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-24, 08:21)bazzol Wrote: [ -> ]Plenty of alternatives, but can any one explain why i cant install the android app, i have a sony xperia z2 just updated to lollipop if that helps

You need a US ip to download the app. just connect to a vpn and then visit playstore on browser and install from there.

Hope that helps.

Hi, i just tried that using my usual vpn but it still said no compatible devices to install , is it the software in the phone ? I dont know
Hey guys I know that the addon doesn't work now without login details. Only the golf channel works atm. I've read this whole thread and I like others wonder will the addon eventually have the option to add in login details? My brother lives in the us and I've been using his details to use the NBC extra app. It never becomes hd. The addon was always hd. If the addon does update so we can enter our nbc details will we be able to choose quality like before the addon stopped working?
I don't post that often but...
all these posts about alternative methods DO NOT BELONG IN THIS THREAD
Most of them break the kodi rules
If and when eracknaphobia can make this addon work again I'm sure he will post that information here.

If I was him and managed to get it working again i would probably keep it private as all the work needed to do this deserves more than the 'give me brigade' that post here
I must also add my thanks to him for the fantastic addon that worked so well before nbc changes
as for people wanting a fee to 'solve the problem' I have two words and the second is 'off !'
my advice to all is move on
if and when there is an update it will be announced here
(2015-04-26, 01:50)DickoTheGeordie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-25, 23:33)joshclare Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-24, 11:23)^^compass^^ Wrote: [ -> ]On a PC/Laptop you will have to change the time settings to UTC-05:00 Eastern Time (US & Canada).

thank you very much, worked! Smile although i think i will look for an alternative method of watching as you cannot get proper full screen as there is an advert at the top. much appreciated, thank you for your help.

There is a way, if using Chrome, download "Fullscreen Anything" from the Chrome store, I posted a quick guide in this thread a few weeks back, check over the last few pages and you'll see it.

thank you, i will give that a go Smile does it make the stream smoother?
(2015-04-26, 08:59)stammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-25, 23:33)joshclare Wrote: [ -> ]thank you very much, worked! Smile although i think i will look for an alternative method of watching as you cannot get proper full screen as there is an advert at the top. much appreciated, thank you for your help.

What operating system are you using?

The Windows 8.1 app is very good and plays all broadcasts in full screen without the ads

i am using OS Yosemite on mac although i have windows 8.1 on a virtual machine so may try that also,

thank you
(2015-04-26, 22:32)saintomer Wrote: [ -> ]I don't post that often but...
all these posts about alternative methods DO NOT BELONG IN THIS THREAD
Most of them break the kodi rules
If and when eracknaphobia can make this addon work again I'm sure he will post that information here.

If I was him and managed to get it working again i would probably keep it private as all the work needed to do this deserves more than the 'give me brigade' that post here
I must also add my thanks to him for the fantastic addon that worked so well before nbc changes
as for people wanting a fee to 'solve the problem' I have two words and the second is 'off !'
my advice to all is move on
if and when there is an update it will be announced here

Don`t bother posting at all if all you are going to do is insult everyone .
Why would anyone listen to what you have to say when you sound like a complete and utter moron ?
For those still looking for alternatives, Live Extra is as of now also available on Roku & Apple TV. Great new option

Tested Roku and stream is very good.
If your using a dns the apple tv app does not work at the moment but as you have said it does on the roku 3
(2015-04-28, 20:14)footyfan Wrote: [ -> ]For those still looking for alternatives, Live Extra is as of now also available on Roku & Apple TV. Great new option

Tested Roku and stream is very good.
Hmm, AppleTV app needs activation code to be entered on the site, shame I don't know any americans to get around this.