Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-05-25, 11:07)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]ou probably didn´t even try the second fontset ("Classic"), did you?
incorrect number is a xbmc thing, not a sking thing.
I didn't set it because I didn't know the setting existed! I've changed it now and things are looking good once I also hid the media menu tool tip.

Didn't realise the unwatched count was an XBMC thing since this is the only skin I've used for the past few years and I don't think any others I've tried even had the option! Really happy with the look of 3.0 now though.

Only things are the weather icon not showing up in the video library (known thing?) and the multi image setting not working -- when I go into settings it does, but once out of there I get the default Watchmen fan art etc...
For BN when you wake up, been using 3.0 for teh past few hours watching all sorts of stuff and haven't encountered the "loss of remote control" yet. Don't seem to have the log from the first run of it, since I restarted a couple times since. If I encounter it again, I'll try to keep track of the steps I took in hopes of reproducing it. I'm hoping it's just a one time thing

So far all is going smoothly. Just setup a IMDB Top 250 main menu option, gave it a featured playlist widget for it and have wow'd the household. So many different and creative ways you can customize the home screen, it's mind boggling Big Grin
(2012-05-25, 04:40)knewknow Wrote: [ -> ]So I turned on XBMC today and was surprised to have a Nox 3.0 update. I've taken a look around the new skin, and I like how most of the viewtype options are now within the library view instead of in the settings section where they don't make as much sense. There seems to be one option missing in 3.0 that is the reason that I choose to use Nox over every other skin, and that's "use New icon as unwatched". I see that there's an option to have an unwatched counter on the left side of each banner in the TV show library, but the numbers are far too small for me to see easily, and having the "New" icon show up on shows that have unwatched episodes is the best way to easily see if new episodes were added to the library. Does the option still exist somewhere in the skin?

Thanks...

no, doesn´t exist.
(2012-05-25, 11:21)bob_loblaw Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't set it because I didn't know the setting existed! I've changed it now and things are looking good once I also hide the media menu tool tip.

Didn't realise the unwatched count was an XBMC thing since this is the only skin I've used for the past few years and I don't think any others I've tried even had the option! Really happy with the look of 3.0 now though.

Only things are the weather icon not showing up in the video library (known thing?) and the multi image setting not working -- when I go into settings it does, but once out of there I get the default Watchmen fan art etc...

what´s exactly wrong about the unwatched count in you opinion?
weather icon was removed (and won´t return since it didn´t fit the look)
will check multi image backgrounds.

EDIT multi image backgrounds workin here. for which menu item does it not work for you?

I also hope you learned to test things first before ranting.
(2012-05-25, 11:21)bob_loblaw Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't set it because I didn't know the setting existed! I've changed it now and things are looking good once I also hide the media menu tool tip.

Multi-image backgrounds working fine here. You went to Settings -> Main Menu Customizer
Chose Movies, hit enter
Choose Background
Multi Image (or one of the many options) - Set your path
After hitting OK, it takes you back to the setup summary
Background should say "Custom"
Background Path = path you set
Then hit Back to save

When you go back to home screen, should be rotating your images

Is that what you did and it's not working?
I've been trying to figure something out since yesterday but can't.
In Movies, with the Showcase View, how do I get to only see the fanart (in 2.0 it was when pressing Down twice) and also in 2.0 if I pressed Up once the info window would appear with my fanart in smaller. The way it is right now I always have this window on top of my fanart.
I hope I'm clear enough...
Thanks!
1) press "I", focus fanart and click, you´ll see it in fullscreen then. we removed those invisible button stuff because it made navigation too complex.
2) set infopanel option to manual in viewtype settings
(2012-05-25, 11:27)ArieS Wrote: [ -> ]I've been trying to figure something out since yesterday but can't.
In Movies, with the Showcase View, how do I get to only see the fanart (in 2.0 it was when pressing Down twice) and also in 2.0 if I pressed Up once the info window would appear with my fanart in smaller. The way it is right now I always have this window on top of my fanart.
I hope I'm clear enough...
Thanks!

Believe the option to hit Down twice was removed a good long while ago early in 3.0 development. Probably a design choice, though admittedly I kinda miss it sometimes, but no biggie.

You can change the behavior of Showcase view under Viewtype Settings - Infopanel section. Set it to always on, delay (it asks how many seconds 1 thru 5) and Manual where you have to hit up to bring down the Info Panel. There is also Layout options to change what the Info Panel displays

EditL Oh cool Phil, I didn't even notice that's how it's done. It's funny how many fine details you guys crammed into here Smile
I'm also suffering from the loss of control issue with Aeon Nox 3. Essentially, once the video starts playing I have no control on it at all, whether remote or the keyboard on the PC. I can't do anything until the file reaches the end, at which I end up back in XBMC with control again.

The problem started after watching 3-4 shows, and seems to happen more frequently when using add-ons (iPlayer, Revision3, TED etc) than when watching local files. If I switch back to Confluence I have no problems with any file, local or steamed. I uninstalled Aeon Nox 3 and then re-installed it, and the problem was fixed for the first 3-4 shows before recurring again.

Other than this, I absolutely love v3 and it's a significant improvement over 2.0, not least in terms of responsiveness on my ageing Samsung notebook.
4 people with that bug, but only one debug log. don´t expect that the problem gets solved this way.
Maybe people with proplems should also write down running OS and if they're using eden or xbmc12 nightly ...
(2012-05-25, 11:54)butchabay Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe people with proplems should also write down running OS and if they're using eden or xbmc12 nightly ...

all listed in debug log Wink
best for all people with those problems would be to create an issue on our github issues list and attach all your debug logs there so we don´t have to search all the threads when contacting the devs is needed for example.
Sure, but without log you'll never know Smile
(2012-05-25, 11:22)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]what´s exactly wrong about the unwatched count in you opinion?

EDIT multi image backgrounds workin here. for which menu item does it not work for you?
The weather icon is on the main menu though (it's raining right now and I'm getting a water droplet outline icon). When going into the video library the temperature and humidity are listed as normal, just no icon. That's how it's meant to work?

I'm using multi image on music, movies and TV. It used to work fine on 2.0... Actually, it's because the directories are coming from an SMB share (as I have a centralised setup with shared thumbs etc). Setting it to a local directory works fine but SMB does not. Odd though that in the customiser thing it works with SMB but not in 'normal' mode! Seem to recall 2.0 did that too, now that I come to think of it.

The unwatched count shows the wrong total count in the unwatched view. e.g. In all videos, a show will have 10 episodes, 5 unwatched. Same in watched view. In unwatched view this same show will say 5 episodes, 5 unwatched. Sounds like this may be related to XBMC though?

Aeon Nox has been my 'daily driver' for years now, really happy with it, especially the customisation options.
(2012-05-25, 11:45)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]4 people with that bug, but only one debug log. don´t expect that the problem gets solved this way.

Yeah, soon as I see it happen again, I'll send a debug log up.
(2012-05-25, 11:58)bob_loblaw Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-25, 11:22)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]what´s exactly wrong about the unwatched count in you opinion?

The weather icon is on the main menu though (it's raining right now and I'm getting a water droplet outline icon). When going into the video library the temperature and humidity are listed as normal, just no icon. That's how it's meant to work?

I'm using multi image on music, movies and TV. It used to work fine on 2.0... Actually, it's because the directories are coming from an SMB share (as I have a centralised setup with shared thumbs etc). Setting it to a local directory works fine but SMB does not. Odd though that in the customiser thing it works with SMB but not in 'normal' mode! Seem to recall 2.0 did that too, now that I come to think of it.

The unwatched count shows the wrong total count in the unwatched view. e.g. In all videos, a show will have 10 episodes, 5 unwatched. Same in watched view. In unwatched view this same show will say 5 episodes, 5 unwatched. Sounds like this may be related to XBMC though?

Aeon Nox has been my 'daily driver' for years now, really happy with it, especially the customisation options.

1)no, the icon you´re seeing is always a "rain drop", i had no better idea to indicate what the percentage value should mean. (i agree that this is also not perfect, but we won´t re-add the colored icon because it just does not fit. my suggestion is to look out of the window if you want that feature back Wink )
2) never use stuff from samba sources if it can be avoided. it´s slower and more prone to errors.
3) and yes, unwatched count is related to xbmc.

for all people with video playback problems: please try exchanging DialogFullScreenInfo.xml VideoFullScreen.xml VideoOSD.xml DialogProgress.xml from 3.0 with the ones from 2.0.
it will look crappy, i only want to know if it works then again.