Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-06-16, 17:16)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-16, 17:11)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]that´s a "yes"?
Yes skins may use script but you need them as a separate add-on module to the repo.
I think nessus had scripts inside the skin folder structure and that wasn't allowed.
So if you need a small script for a skin you can do a PR for it following the normal add-on guidelines.

That is how Watchlist started out. Just a small script that has grown much larger

yep, but nessus didn´t add the scripts to the official repo but removed them instead.
that made me think that scripts which only make sense for one specific skin are not allowed in official repo. all scripts which are hosted there are more general (watchlist, too)
(2012-06-16, 17:26)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-16, 17:16)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-16, 17:11)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]that´s a "yes"?
Yes skins may use script but you need them as a separate add-on module to the repo.
I think nessus had scripts inside the skin folder structure and that wasn't allowed.
So if you need a small script for a skin you can do a PR for it following the normal add-on guidelines.

That is how Watchlist started out. Just a small script that has grown much larger

yep, but nessus didn´t add the scripts to the official repo but removed them instead.
that made me think that scripts which only make sense for one specific skin are not allowed in official repo. all scripts which are hosted there are more general (watchlist, too)
That's because all skinners find such scripts useful Tongue
Doesn't matter if you are the only one using it. He could have just added it to repo so he could continue to use it.
(2012-06-16, 17:29)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-16, 17:26)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-16, 17:16)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]Yes skins may use script but you need them as a separate add-on module to the repo.

That's because all skinners find such scripts useful Tongue
Doesn't matter if you are the only one using it. He could have just added it to repo so he could continue to use it.

ok. thx for clearing that up.
gives me some ideas Wink
(2012-06-16, 17:33)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]ok. thx for clearing that up.
gives me some ideas Wink

should I be worried now Rofl
(2012-06-16, 17:37)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-16, 17:33)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]ok. thx for clearing that up.
gives me some ideas Wink

should I be worried now Rofl

yes. my script will delete all the ones you created Wink
(that would be an add-on all skins could and should use then)
I found a quirk/bug, i think.

While using the infowall view (both with background panel on/off) with a Music Video source, the year for the release appears in the bottom right corner twice. Like so:

This doesn't occur when using the infowall on movies, tvshows. or music.
Been modding Landscape logo (with help as you know) for the last couple of days now. Not quite finished yet but making great progress. The concept behind the mod (for movies at least) was to recreate the feel of the old school posters, all you had was a cool piece of artwork and a tagline to grab your interest. All the while keeping within the Nox style:

Among other things I replaced the aspect ratio for a ratings flag. Just wondered if the flag was something you could use? It's here if you want it, cool if you don't:

(2012-06-16, 17:58)thrak76 Wrote: [ -> ]I found a quirk/bug, i think.

While using the infowall view (both with background panel on/off) with a Music Video source, the year for the release appears in the bottom right corner twice. Like so:

This doesn't occur when using the infowall on movies, tvshows. or music.

and another time between plot and title Wink
fixed now.
(2012-06-16, 19:17)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]and another time between plot and title Wink
fixed now.

Lol... Indeed.

Thanks!
(2012-06-16, 19:07)Deano316 Wrote: [ -> ]Been modding Landscape logo (with help as you know) for the last couple of days now. Not quite finished yet but making great progress. The concept behind the mod (for movies at least) was to recreate the feel of the old school posters, all you had was a cool piece of artwork and a tagline to grab your interest. All the while keeping within the Nox style:

Among other things I replaced the aspect ratio for a ratings flag. Just wondered if the flag was something you could use? It's here if you want it, cool if you don't:
Nox already has such a flag. Its used in Poster view. The one thats already in fits the style better imo, but thx for sharing.
(2012-06-16, 19:39)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-16, 19:07)Deano316 Wrote: [ -> ]Been modding Landscape logo (with help as you know) for the last couple of days now. Not quite finished yet but making great progress. The concept behind the mod (for movies at least) was to recreate the feel of the old school posters, all you had was a cool piece of artwork and a tagline to grab your interest. All the while keeping within the Nox style:

Nox already has such a flag. Its used in Poster view. The one thats already in fits the style better imo, but thx for sharing.

That's cool, also didn't know that about poster view Smile I did try a monotone version of the flag to keep it faithfully 'Nox', but because of its size it just didn't work. I may have another try again soon.
Code:
ActivateWindow(Videos,$INFO[Skin.String(v.Path)],return)
that's not
Code:
ActivateWindow(Videos,$INFO[Skin.String(CustomMusicSub1.Path)],return)
in includeMainMenu?
some new stuff...logo for info panel and new panel layout:
Right, I'm using this excellent mod (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1118635) which you guys should think about making standard in the next update I reckon, but anyway, my only issue is that as I have logo view enabled, it doesn't show logo's for sets. Is there anyway I can assign a logo to a set?

Thanks!

EDIT: Thinking about it some more, as you mentioned that SETS is now an option that sits in the Movies submenu in the new versions, how about an option to not show sets in the main movie library? That way it doesn't look ugly when browsing around and you come across a set (no logo, no plot summary, no director/cast/rating info etc etc) and to view sets you simply choose the sub menu option.
(2012-06-17, 03:02)simonk83 Wrote: [ -> ]Right, I'm using this excellent mod (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1118635) which you guys should think about making standard in the next update I reckon, but anyway, my only issue is that as I have logo view enabled, it doesn't show logo's for sets. Is there anyway I can assign a logo to a set?

Thanks!

only with a dirty workaround which we won´t include in official version.
the "single-logo" viewtype will probably be included, but only as an option, not as default.