Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-07-01, 19:00)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]workin here...
you´re definitely using the untouched newest GIT version?

Is 4409 the newest version? I haven't done anything except clean out a bunch of unused addons, I don't think I've removed anything vital. I tried Force refresh as well just to make sure.
download it by using a GIT client, not from passion repo.
(2012-06-30, 11:51)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]Inspiration taken from leepenny's genre backdrops, interactive cases background for home. What you see are the 10 most recently added movies:

So I'm pretty new to XBMC, and still going through everything setting it up, but I can't for the life of me find where to enable that setting. When I go to customize my homescreen, I can select what I want for a background, but when I select recently added movies, it just shows one picture on the entire screen. Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing? Thanks,
(2012-07-02, 02:21)cd36 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-30, 11:51)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]Inspiration taken from leepenny's genre backdrops, interactive cases background for home. What you see are the 10 most recently added movies:

So I'm pretty new to XBMC, and still going through everything setting it up, but I can't for the life of me find where to enable that setting. When I go to customize my homescreen, I can select what I want for a background, but when I select recently added movies, it just shows one picture on the entire screen. Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing? Thanks,
you probably do not use the GIT version
to get this
way a) use a git client (recommended, use google to find out how to do that, our github link is git://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox.git )
way b) download this and exchange the content of your skin.aeon.nox folder with the content of the zip

feedback is welcome Wink
Tweaked landscape logo a bit more, got the new rating flag changed and aligned. The source logo may need to be moved slightly, but I'm reasonably happy with the results:

Works with all movie views, the only problem I've run into so far is it doesn't work for landscape logo in TV shows:

This problem only crops up at show level, season and episode are as they were. Can this be tweaked, to show different ratings flag for landscape tv and landscape movies?
(2012-07-02, 02:48)Deano316 Wrote: [ -> ]Tweaked landscape logo a bit more, got the new rating flag changed and aligned. The source logo may need to be moved slightly, but I'm reasonably happy with the results:

Works with all movie views, the only problem I've run into so far is it doesn't work for landscape logo in TV shows:

This problem only crops up at show level, season and episode are as they were. Can this be tweaked, to show different ratings flag for landscape tv and landscape movies?

add <visible>Container.Content(movies)</visible> to that image control and create another one with <visible>!Container.Content(movies)</visible>
...and another string to our bow: Next Aired Widget (will be polished)
we´re now at 33 different widget contents to choose from Smile
(2012-07-01, 13:35)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-30, 22:18)Peligrozo Wrote: [ -> ]I seem to have found a bug: When I browse TV shows and go into the season level for a show, I sometimes get duplicate entries for all seasons (this can happen on episode-level as well). However, the duplicates don't show any thumbnails. This only happens in Landscape view and only with "Fixed list" set to "No", so I assume this has to do with the looping of the thumbnails. Strangely, this doesn't seem to happen for all my TV shows, but for most of them. Also, if I change to "List" view for example and then switch back, the looping is fixed, but if I come back to the menu later again the same problem is back.
I can't reproduce the landscape problem.
As for this issue, what can I do to help with the troubleshooting? Debug logs/screenshots/video? It's a real shame currently, because I'm so happy with it other than this issue Smile
post it in general xbmc section together with debug log, screenshot and ad detailed description of the problem.
(2012-07-01, 23:44)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]download it by using a GIT client, not from passion repo.

Thanks Phil, that worked. I didn't realize the passion repo was behind the actual git source.
How does Extrafanart work exactly in the skin? I mean is all the extrafanart being cached in locally, like regular fanart and posters? I ask, because I have a huge collection and XBMC hangs/freezes constantly when browsing through library. I tried disabling extrafanart and freezes stopped. Hence the question: does extrafanart work in the way, that the skin checks the selected movie's or tvshow's directoy for extrafanart while browsing? I mean, that would be the problem, as all of the hard drives on my server are spun-down, when not in use. I want them to spin-up ONLY when I'm watching something from them, not browsing through library.
Me loves the extrafanart, would hate to not be able to use it.

PS. love the skin, awesome job, guys.
(2012-07-02, 05:24)cryodream Wrote: [ -> ]How does Extrafanart work exactly in the skin? I mean is all the extrafanart being cached in locally, like regular fanart and posters? I ask, because I have a huge collection and XBMC hangs/freezes constantly when browsing through library. I tried disabling extrafanart and freezes stopped. Hence the question: does extrafanart work in the way, that the skin checks the selected movie's or tvshow's directoy for extrafanart while browsing? I mean, that would be the problem, as all of the hard drives on my server are spun-down, when not in use. I want them to spin-up ONLY when I'm watching something from them, not browsing through library.
Me loves the extrafanart, would hate to not be able to use it.

PS. love the skin, awesome job, guys.

I believe Extrafanart downloads images you select to wherever you store your collection. Idk why extrafanart would freeze up, but use Artwork Downloader instead as Extrafanart is no longer being worked on

But take a look at the blog for improved image cache in XBMC 12
Quote: In the past, images would be cached in a local file and XBMC would have no knowledge of where that local file came from or what it was for. Now, XBMC will log where an art file comes from and where it is cached."

You can read more on the blog, but it means if you download the latest nightly, you shouldn't have any hangups since 12 won't have to recache all the images, as 11 does. But I'm sure someone else here can explain it better
(2012-07-02, 06:09)handbone Wrote: [ -> ]I believe Extrafanart downloads images you select to wherever you store your collection. Idk why extrafanart would freeze up, but use Artwork Downloader instead as Extrafanart is no longer being worked on

But take a look at the blog for improved image cache in XBMC 12
Quote: In the past, images would be cached in a local file and XBMC would have no knowledge of where that local file came from or what it was for. Now, XBMC will log where an art file comes from and where it is cached."

You can read more on the blog, but it means if you download the latest nightly, you shouldn't have any hangups since 12 won't have to recache all the images, as 11 does. But I'm sure someone else here can explain it better

Correction:

Extrafanart needs to be in each movie folder on your drive an no where else.
Yes your drives will spin up. No you can't do anything about that IF you want extrafanart.
XBMC pre-Frode 12 won't make any difference on that matter IIRC
(2012-07-02, 06:09)handbone Wrote: [ -> ]I believe Extrafanart downloads images you select to wherever you store your collection. Idk why extrafanart would freeze up, but use Artwork Downloader instead as Extrafanart is no longer being worked on

I use EmberMediaManager for movies and SickBeard for TV. I have to do a lot by hand, because SB and EMM both have their shortcomings and don't support everything that XBMC now does. But I do all this "prep" before scanning to the XBMC library. All my movies and TV Shows have all supported metadata files in the appropriate folders.
I just recently noticed, that Artwork Downloader now supports alot more stuff, than the last time checked. It is very good with auto downloading, but I like to control, what art I get and keep.

I was asking about internal workings of the skin and HOW does it handle extrafanart. Does it cache it locally or not. I have a server running 24/7 and 3 htpcs being served by it. The drives on the server are spun-down when not in use to save electricity.

Maybe, if I could ask someone in the know-how: could someone please explain if/when/why XBMC does access hard drives when browsing through library?

(2012-07-02, 06:09)handbone Wrote: [ -> ]But take a look at the blog for improved image cache in XBMC 12

Yep, read that when it came out, very exiting.
(2012-07-02, 07:19)cryodream Wrote: [ -> ]

I use EmberMediaManager for movies and SickBeard for TV. I have to do a lot by hand, because SB and EMM both have their shortcomings and don't support everything that XBMC now does. But I do all this "prep" before scanning to the XBMC library. All my movies and TV Shows have all supported metadata files in the appropriate folders.
I just recently noticed, that Artwork Downloader now supports alot more stuff, than the last time checked. It is very good with auto downloading, but I like to control, what art I get and keep.

I was asking about internal workings of the skin and HOW does it handle extrafanart. Does it cache it locally or not. I have a server running 24/7 and 3 htpcs being served by it. The drives on the server are spun-down when not in use to save electricity.

Maybe, if I could ask someone in the know-how: could someone please explain if/when/why XBMC does access hard drives when browsing through library?

(2012-07-02, 06:09)handbone Wrote: [ -> ]But take a look at the blog for improved image cache in XBMC 12

Yep, read that when it came out, very exiting.

everytime a skin tries to display either logo, clearart, extrafanart, disc art or other stuff which isn´t implemented into xbmc´s caching system.
and since we make A LOT of use of those images the answer is: Always