Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
uff this skin is the best...and i have used it from day 1

i lock at clasic view widget from home menu,, and if i go right i can c trailer.and thats perfect but can you make it go 2 right to refresh?becuse now we cant refresh in clsic view...go 1 right for trailer and 2 right to refresh.thats will b perfect.or type r for refresh or somting
(2012-07-22, 22:32)coolio99 Wrote: [ -> ]uff this skin is the best...and i have used it from day 1

i lock at clasic view widget from home menu,, and if i go right i can c trailer.and thats perfect but can you make it go 2 right to refresh?becuse now we cant refresh in clsic view...go 1 right for trailer and 2 right to refresh.thats will b perfect.or type r for refresh or somting

only thing i could imagine would be a popup when clickin on it, askin whether to a) play film b) play trailer c) refresh
every other solution will result in weird navigation, and that´s something I´m not the biggest fan of Wink
probably won´t make it in for 3.5 though.

is there a way to make unwatched tv shows not show an episode preview? sometimes i've been spoiled by the pitcher showing in the preview. I love to see the picture shown AFTER its watched but before it's watched, perhaps is there a way to show like the shows logo instead?

(2012-07-22, 22:37)gman3042 Wrote: [ -> ]is there a way to make unwatched tv shows not show an episode preview? sometimes i've been spoiled by the pitcher showing in the preview. I love to see the picture shown AFTER its watched but before it's watched, perhaps is there a way to show like the shows logo instead?

Not without some skins code agjustement
(2012-07-22, 22:37)gman3042 Wrote: [ -> ]is there a way to make unwatched tv shows not show an episode preview? sometimes i've been spoiled by the pitcher showing in the preview. I love to see the picture shown AFTER its watched but before it's watched, perhaps is there a way to show like the shows logo instead?

no. would have to be an xbmc feature, we´ll never integrate that into the skin itself.
yeah a b c is the best..hope you make it
thanks phil/big noid..

my next question is, i recently changed the landscape mode... and there is only one show that shows any kind of information (N/A for most of them for information) or next aired date.. but im 100% sure all of the tv shows i have already have announced their start dates and have information about the shows status

any idea why only one show is correctly pulling information?
...small rework for media menu:

i also removed the search button there (we have "filter" already and the search can easily be set as an item in quicknav if someone uses it. less is more Wink

the Info Widget Style also got reworked and uses star rating now + slightly bigger posters, different headline font and some other tweaks:
(2012-07-20, 05:37)perkins.jt Wrote: [ -> ]Image
Figured out those All menu items are the filters. It would have been much sooner, except they're broken for me. When I select any of them, the highlighted area moves up or down one space, or does nothing. I can select it and change the filter criteria, but nothing on the screen matches or indicates what I'm doing. It's hard to describe and I doubt that picture helps at all, so if there's anything else I can provide, I'd be happy to.
edit: I should mention I'm using XBMCbuntu, Eden 11.0, Aeon Nox 3.5 GIT

Not an Aeon Nox issue, but is it normal for RCB to load every single game in a category before I can resume browsing? With 3000+ games, it makes maneuvering pretty cumbersome.

do you have the 'always rescan imported games' under 'import games' under rcb configuration, from system addons on?
..or should i maybe even turn the media menu into something like this?

I´m in love with the icons somehow.
(2012-07-19, 20:19)Marcel Wrote: [ -> ]Is there no view for photo's anymore?
There was a view before called "stipshow" if I remember correctly Smile
This was the only view that could show photo thumbs in their normal format, eg widescreen.

stripshow should still be there.
which version are you using?

[/quote]

Version 3.5.0.1343002241
The available views I have, are
List
Wall
DVD case
Showcase

All views are enabled in the Viewtype Settings of the skin.
(2012-07-23, 08:31)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]..or should i maybe even turn the media menu into something like this?

I really like that. Those icons help give visual aid in UI navigation. For example the Up and Down arrow images for Ascending and Descending. It makes it easier to understand what that option is going to do. When thinking of your mom/mum or dad, or new people. Visuals queues are a great way of making the options look less intimidating and more user friendly. Seems strange when the words tell you exactly what it does. Images make it look friendlier while still looking like they fit right into Aeon.

Long as the icons look like they represent the function (Using the sort list icon for Sort by). Big icons also make it easier to see the options at a distance as well. I think it'd fit in really well with all the other UI work you've put into 3.5.

Some would probably want the icons to be a optional thing though. All a matter of tastes, really.

Great work that you've put so far. The new widgets really transform the Home Screen into a full on media and informational showcase at the touch of a button.
One question, the RSS Feed widget. Is it currently limited to 3 feed choices? Those things are just really handy to put up custom info onto your Home Screen, you can go nuts Angel
(2012-07-23, 10:06)Rygrath Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-23, 08:31)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]..or should i maybe even turn the media menu into something like this?

I really like that. Those icons help give visual aid in UI navigation. For example the Up and Down arrow images for Ascending and Descending. It makes it easier to understand what that option is going to do. When thinking of your mom/mum or dad, or new people. Visuals queues are a great way of making the options look less intimidating and more user friendly. Seems strange when the words tell you exactly what it does. Images make it look friendlier while still looking like they fit right into Aeon.

Long as the icons look like they represent the function (Using the sort list icon for Sort by). Big icons also make it easier to see the options at a distance as well. I think it'd fit in really well with all the other UI work you've put into 3.5.

Some would probably want the icons to be a optional thing though. All a matter of tastes, really.

Great work that you've put so far. The new widgets really transform the Home Screen into a full on media and informational showcase at the touch of a button.
One question, the RSS Feed widget. Is it currently limited to 3 feed choices? Those things are just really handy to put up custom info onto your Home Screen, you can go nuts Angel

thx. that´s the intention with all those icons, especially on Music/Video OSD they help a lot to spot the correct item at first glance I think.
if i add it for the media menu, then it will become default without an option.
concerning RSS Feeds: yes, limited to 3 currently. i´m also playin with the idea to extend it to 5. we´ll see.

i can also only repeat how thankful i am to webdesignerdepot.com for giving permission to use those icons. they´re just great.
Don't know if this is even possible, but I decided to mock up an altered version of single-logo Landscape just to see if the tagline could be moved somewhere else. Had the idea that maybe you could make the tagline furniture so the user could decide where they wanted to have it. I also moved the logo onto the floor so it could be larger and not obscure any more of the fanart. I figured you could have the tagline in one of four positions:

Left Aligned:

Right Aligned:

Top:

Above logo:

This is only a mockup, nothing has been properly aligned but I've used all the Nox logos/graphics so that it fits with the Nox theme except for the tagline. That could probably use either a slight gradient box or a drop shadow.

I don't know if XBMC will even allow you to do the above, but some people may not want taglines displayed and having it as furniture allows them to turn it off. This is more of an idea for Nox 4.0 seeing as if it were even possible it would require quite a bit of coding I'd imagine.

The more I use Nox, the more it seems apparent that there are some conventions for movies that do not Appy for tv shows hence the search to distinguish them from each other. Just think it's nice when each type of media has a unique layout which conforms to the overall look of the skin.

This is not a request but more put forward for consideration. Just trying to help with the ongoing design process.

Here are a couple more images I mocked up:

Love what you guys have done so far with Nox, must be near to a 3.5 release?
Above logo looks pretty good and more like the movie poster effect you're looking for