Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-05-27, 21:13)Trox Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,

Fantastic skin, but im looking for some help on it. I've searched around, hoping that i would come across someone with a similar problem and i found this.

(2012-05-27, 20:50)Shinu Wrote: [ -> ]ok....

http://pastebin.com/Qjg5c9rK

i left it on for around 5 minutes when this poped up....

i dunno if u remember, but i got that same pop up somewhere else (can't exactly remember where Confused), but it seems to be related to the Metadata actors script. i temporarily removed the script and i was able to press escape to bypass the loading screen. maybe u can see why its happening to begin with.

For me, every time i startup XBMC with the Aeon Nox 3.0 skin i get this search box, the only way to close it so i can get XBMC to load up to the home screen is by pressing Esc a couple of time.

Is there any work around to this?

Cheers Smile

a debug log would be nice. you´re using the newest metadata actor script version?
yes, agree that it would be a better layout, but something for 3.1/4.0.
add it to our github list if you do not want us to forget that Wink

[/quote]
How do you add it to the github?
(2012-05-27, 21:34)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-27, 21:13)Trox Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,

Fantastic skin, but im looking for some help on it. I've searched around, hoping that i would come across someone with a similar problem and i found this.

(2012-05-27, 20:50)Shinu Wrote: [ -> ]ok....

http://pastebin.com/Qjg5c9rK

i left it on for around 5 minutes when this poped up....

i dunno if u remember, but i got that same pop up somewhere else (can't exactly remember where Confused), but it seems to be related to the Metadata actors script. i temporarily removed the script and i was able to press escape to bypass the loading screen. maybe u can see why its happening to begin with.

For me, every time i startup XBMC with the Aeon Nox 3.0 skin i get this search box, the only way to close it so i can get XBMC to load up to the home screen is by pressing Esc a couple of time.

Is there any work around to this?

Cheers Smile

a debug log would be nice. you´re using the newest metadata actor script version?

downloading the latest version off the metadata actor script fixed the issue for me. they're currently on v0.9.5.
(2012-05-25, 11:22)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-25, 04:40)knewknow Wrote: [ -> ]So I turned on XBMC today and was surprised to have a Nox 3.0 update. I've taken a look around the new skin, and I like how most of the viewtype options are now within the library view instead of in the settings section where they don't make as much sense. There seems to be one option missing in 3.0 that is the reason that I choose to use Nox over every other skin, and that's "use New icon as unwatched". I see that there's an option to have an unwatched counter on the left side of each banner in the TV show library, but the numbers are far too small for me to see easily, and having the "New" icon show up on shows that have unwatched episodes is the best way to easily see if new episodes were added to the library. Does the option still exist somewhere in the skin?

Thanks...

no, doesn´t exist.

Any plans on restoring this option? It really breaks 3.0 for me and unfortunately I'll be forced to head back to 2.0 (forever?) or re-focus. Otherwise, I very much like the skin. Thanks! Smile
(2012-05-27, 22:27)knewknow Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-25, 11:22)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-25, 04:40)knewknow Wrote: [ -> ]So I turned on XBMC today and was surprised to have a Nox 3.0 update. I've taken a look around the new skin, and I like how most of the viewtype options are now within the library view instead of in the settings section where they don't make as much sense. There seems to be one option missing in 3.0 that is the reason that I choose to use Nox over every other skin, and that's "use New icon as unwatched". I see that there's an option to have an unwatched counter on the left side of each banner in the TV show library, but the numbers are far too small for me to see easily, and having the "New" icon show up on shows that have unwatched episodes is the best way to easily see if new episodes were added to the library. Does the option still exist somewhere in the skin?

Thanks...

no, doesn´t exist.

Any plans on restoring this option? It really breaks 3.0 for me and unfortunately I'll be forced to head back to 2.0 (forever?) or re-focus. Otherwise, I very much like the skin. Thanks! Smile

Do you mean the NEW flag that you can see in this screen shot for Blue Planet?

I get NEW flags on shows that get a new episode in them. WATCHED flags for shows where all episodes are watched. And blank for the rest of the stuff that are just shows that I go through randomly but have no new episodes. Works the same as Nox 2.0 far as I know.
(2012-05-27, 22:37)Rygrath Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-27, 22:27)knewknow Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-25, 11:22)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]no, doesn´t exist.

I get NEW flags on shows that get a new episode in them. WATCHED flags for shows where all episodes are watched. And blank for the rest of the stuff that are just shows that I go through randomly but have no new episodes. Works the same as Nox 2.0 far as I know.

No, this is a little bit different. 2.0 had an option to set all unwatched shows to have the "new" flag on them. It's such a great option that the Re-Focus skin got me used to, and it just makes so much more sense to have a flag on things you haven't seen rather than what you have seen. It's so important to me that I'd unfortunately either have to rollback or change skins (and I really like the rest of 3.0).
Nox 3 looks lovely, does it run as nicely as Nox 2?
(2012-05-27, 22:43)knewknow Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-27, 22:37)Rygrath Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-27, 22:27)knewknow Wrote: [ -> ]Any plans on restoring this option? It really breaks 3.0 for me and unfortunately I'll be forced to head back to 2.0 (forever?) or re-focus. Otherwise, I very much like the skin. Thanks! Smile

No, this is a little bit different. 2.0 had an option to set all unwatched shows to have the "new" flag on them. It's such a great option that the Re-Focus skin got me used to, and it just makes so much more sense to have a flag on things you haven't seen rather than what you have seen. It's so important to me that I'd unfortunately either have to rollback or change skins (and I really like the rest of 3.0).
No need to rollback for this. Open up Includes_Viewtypes.xml and find include name="OverlayVisibility-7". Select all the OverlayVisibility includes and replace them with the content found here
This will alter the option 'New' flag to show for every unwatched item.
Open up an issue on github if you want this to return for 3.1.0/4.0.0 so we can discuss it there.
(2012-05-27, 23:02)PantsOnFire Wrote: [ -> ]Nox 3 looks lovely, does it run as nicely as Nox 2?

Better Cool
(2012-05-27, 23:02)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-27, 22:43)knewknow Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-27, 22:37)Rygrath Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean the NEW flag that you can see in this screen shot for Blue Planet?

No need to rollback for this. Open up Includes_Viewtypes.xml and find include name="OverlayVisibility-7". Select all the OverlayVisibility includes and replace them with the content found here
This will alter the option 'New' flag to show for every unwatched item.
Open up an issue on github if you want this to return for 3.1.0/4.0.0 so we can discuss it there.

Sounds great. I'll open up a new issue on git for this one. Thanks.
(2012-05-27, 23:02)PantsOnFire Wrote: [ -> ]Nox 3 looks lovely, does it run as nicely as Nox 2?

Feels much smoother to me than 2.0 since they streamlined a lot of the code. If you turn on every single option and addon it supports along with every widget I suppose it could run a little slower, but I haven't encountered this since my HTPC is rather beefy. Starting with the default install however, it feels quite a bit faster.
(2012-05-27, 21:58)Shinu Wrote: [ -> ]downloading the latest version off the metadata actor script fixed the issue for me. they're currently on v0.9.5.

Ill check that out when i can, cheers Smile
Even on Eden I noticed a performance drop with 3.0. Every PC and setup is different though :-P
Problem with script.randomitems freezing XBMC at startup should probably be fixed in newest nightlies.