Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-06-19, 11:50)Eisi2005 Wrote: [ -> ]@BN & phil

any chance that you implement this addon in the git version ?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=132764

Greets
Eisi

Can't you just map it to key on your keyboard/remote?
hi all,
quick question i can't find around. Can we disable auto update (git) of the skin ? (can only find inside xbmc an option to do an automatic update for every plugin inside). Would like to run update for all the plugins but Nox. thanks by advance.
Hi,

yes i could map it to key on my remote. Thanks for answer.

Greets
Eisi

@onlyyou

Nox skin will get no update over this function. XBMC will look only on repo updates and not on git updates.

Greets
Eisi
Thanks Eisi,
Thing is, i've installed Nox with the "XBMC passion" repo. They keep it updated with Git, so almost every day, a new version in the repo, which is great, but i would like to launch those updates when i want (and not automatically, in a middle of a movie Big Grin)

(2012-06-19, 12:07)Eisi2005 Wrote: [ -> ]@onlyyou

Nox skin will get no update over this function. XBMC will look only on repo updates and not on git updates.

Greets
Eisi

(2012-06-19, 12:06)onlyyou Wrote: [ -> ]hi all,
quick question i can't find around. Can we disable auto update (git) of the skin ? (can only find inside xbmc an option to do an automatic update for every plugin inside). Would like to run update for all the plugins but Nox. thanks by advance.

You can't disable auto-update for one add-on. It's all or nothing.
(2012-06-18, 20:27)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-18, 20:19)Goldeneyepad Wrote: [ -> ]because phil65 i want it and i like the look of it, and I can seen to find it anywhere to download it

it´s on the official repo (or the newest version here: https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/zipball/master )

wonder how people can change their mind....

(2012-05-28, 17:12)Goldeneyepad Wrote: [ -> ]sorry to say, i hate 3.0 version.

I had to use rollback, becauuse 3.0 lost all my own movie/tv backgrounds.

And when trying to set up my comics feature again in the main screen it never show up.

I feel dispointed xbmc staff. Over the years you done me proud, but this time

That's some memory on you!

(2012-06-19, 12:21)onlyyou Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Eisi,
Thing is, i've installed Nox with the "XBMC passion" repo. They keep it updated with Git, so almost every day, a new version in the repo, which is great, but i would like to launch those updates when i want (and not automatically, in a middle of a movie Big Grin)

Greets
Eisi

I'm certain there's a way you can make it so you don't fetch automatically. I have to manually fetch, so the updates from git are not at all automatic.

Of course, I originally set this up so my slight tinkering would not, necessarily, be automatically overwritten with updates. But I would think even if yours is set up different than mine, you can set it up so git isn't pulling automatically.
(2012-06-19, 15:23)fional Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-18, 20:27)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-18, 20:19)Goldeneyepad Wrote: [ -> ]because phil65 i want it and i like the look of it, and I can seen to find it anywhere to download it

it´s on the official repo (or the newest version here: https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/zipball/master )

wonder how people can change their mind....

(2012-05-28, 17:12)Goldeneyepad Wrote: [ -> ]sorry to say, i hate 3.0 version.

I had to use rollback, becauuse 3.0 lost all my own movie/tv backgrounds.

And when trying to set up my comics feature again in the main screen it never show up.

I feel dispointed xbmc staff. Over the years you done me proud, but this time

That's some memory on you!

(2012-06-19, 12:21)onlyyou Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Eisi,

Greets
Eisi

I'm certain there's a way you can make it so you don't fetch automatically. I have to manually fetch, so the updates from git are not at all automatic.

Of course, I originally set this up so my slight tinkering would not, necessarily, be automatically overwritten with updates. But I would think even if yours is set up different than mine, you can set it up so git isn't pulling automatically.

problem is that he doesn´t use git itself but the passion repo which distributes our git version with updates on a daily basis. you could apply a workaround like changing skin name or version number in addon.xml or delete the passion repo version of nox and just use a downloaded version from git.
@ fional
many thanks. But it's my fault I think. I don't really use git but a non official XBMC repo where lattest git version of Nox is cloned every day... I should be less lazy and probably try git again...

@ phil
you totally get my situation. The tricky part is that XBMC is running on a pc with no keyboard or mouse. I can plug them for a git install with nox but would be really boring to bring them out every week to run git bach and perform an update. But maybe i'm missing some features to automate all this... I'm not very good with git (i'm bad, must say Wink)

Too bad that we can't choose automatic or manual update in XBMC for each addon...
i have reinstalled from scratch my xbmc deleting user data because of the amount of cpu usage was often to 100%, now is lower.
i have reinstalled aeon nox usingthe "passion repo"
now the "latest album" widget is shown in this way, the tab of the widjet are not squared but rectangular:
peppe
(2012-06-19, 16:28)peppe_sr Wrote: [ -> ]i have reinstalled from scratch my xbmc deleting user data because of the amount of cpu usage was often to 100%, now is lower.
i have reinstalled aeon nox usingthe "passion repo"
now the "latest album" widget is shown in this way, the tab of the widjet are not squared but rectangular:
peppe

did some widget work, possible that i broke something. will look at it.
(2012-06-19, 06:27)Kokonutcreme Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-18, 15:05)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-18, 15:01)Kokonutcreme Wrote: [ -> ]I created a custom playlist for HD Films and added Recently Added as a favourite, the movie count used to appear for both of them so I'm not sure if I've inadvertently disabled it although if that were true then I'd expect that behaviour to affect all playlists and not just two. I recreated the playlist but that didn't change anything.

EDIT Just realised that the movie count won't apply for Favourites so it's only the HD playlist that isn't working.
yes, only works for smart playlists. should also work for HD playlist though.

Thanks Phil, did some more testing which confirmed my suspicions, nothing wrong with the skin it's just that one playlist. Created other playlists for various genres and the movie count is displayed as expected. I deleted and recreated the HD playlist and for some reason the movie count doesn't appear.

The 1 rule I set was movie/resolution greater than 719 , is there something in that condition perhaps that isn't triggering the movie count. Even created two rules: resolution is 720 and resolution is 1080 and one or more is true but still no dice.

I know it used to work before so not sure what I'm doing differently this time or what has changed.

EDIT - Curious, I changed skins to Aeon Nox instead of the GIT version as I hadn't changed any of the settings with that skin and the same behaviour is occurring for the same HD playlist. I then deleted the skin folder and guisettings file, reinstalled, setup again and get the same result.

After a lot of testing have finally figured out what was happening. I had selected the widget for my HD playlist to show movies in progress and that option for whatever reason, removes the library stats window. It also affects the behaviour of the movie logo not displaying in the info widget panel. Changing to another widget selection restores the stats window and displays the logo. No biggie for me in terms of making the change, but wanted to raise awareness of it in case this wasn't by design.
I don't understand how do you load the quick nav?
in every panel there is
for exemple in myweather
<onright> 7510 but with right clic you open the quick panel, how?
can you explain that for me please?
I make a new window for "the around the world" with little weather icons (not in myweather, like you want)

https://github.com/fmronan/GlassNox
(2012-06-19, 16:57)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]did some widget work, possible that i broke something. will look at it.

don't look at this......

[also the icon panel widget is a bit strange the icons seem don't fit in the right way!]

it was strange because my xbmc was windowed. in full screen the icon fit right.
Peppe
(2012-06-19, 17:23)fmronan Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand how do you load the quick nav?
in every panel there is
for exemple in myweather
<onright> 7510 but with right clic you open the quick panel, how?
can you explain that for me please?
I make a new window for "the around the world" with little weather icons (not in myweather, like you want)

https://github.com/fmronan/GlassNox

with ActivateWindow(1121).
your life would get much easier if you would fork our repo instead of creating a new one.
(2012-06-19, 18:15)peppe_sr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-19, 16:57)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]did some widget work, possible that i broke something. will look at it.

don't look at this......

[also the icon panel widget is a bit strange the icons seem don't fit in the right way!]

it was strange because my xbmc was windowed. in full screen the icon fit right.
Peppe

no problems with icon panel widget here on my end.
thank you, but I already know this, but I do not understand how?