Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-07-11, 23:27)Elixxen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-11, 23:23)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-11, 23:15)Elixxen Wrote: [ -> ]What happened to the widgets in the latest version? All I see is a small box with "Show Widgets" and an arrow pointing to the left. I don't get it. I tried searching the thread but didn't have any luck finding an answer. Please help

Press BACKSPACE

LOL I'm so stupid. Thanks! : )

not neccessarily. i agree that the button icon is not the best one and could lead to confusion. perhaps better a circle containing "back" in letters?
(2012-07-11, 23:34)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-11, 23:27)Elixxen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-11, 23:23)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]Press BACKSPACE

LOL I'm so stupid. Thanks! : )

not neccessarily. i agree that the button icon is not the best one and could lead to confusion. perhaps better a circle containing "back" in letters?

I guess that would make more sense, at least to me. My interoperation of the arrow was to press left, just as you do to get to the custom menu in the library views. Also since I use Apple Remote I could not get the widgets to show up since pressing back on the remote when in the home screen only brings up my favorites. Maybe I would have figured it out if I was using a keyboard.
(2012-07-11, 14:18)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]you´re right. looks much worse than clearcases IMO.

It reminds me of something from the pound bin at Tesco Big Grin Definitely prefer the clear look, especially since really - after I've ripped them, they aren't technically dvd etc!

Speaking of ugly cases, a DVD rental place went under last week and I purchased 400 dvds for 80 Euros. Going to be a busy next couple of weeks! Big Grin

(2012-07-11, 15:35)mikebzh44 Wrote: [ -> ]It's because I'm at the office on I only have a 1280x1024 display Sad

I think that it will be nice on my 1920x1080 TV Wink

But, doesn't matter if Phil or you doesn't like this background, I love it and there is no arguing about matters of taste Tongue

Good on you for figuring it out. Usually when I try to mod things, it ends in an absolute disaster Tongue That said, I'm absolutely determined (after August) to be able to do more advanced things! Summer weddings keeping me very busy, but I'm dead set on learning this!
(2012-07-12, 00:14)fional Wrote: [ -> ]Speaking of ugly cases, a DVD rental place went under last week and I purchased 400 dvds for 80 Euros. Going to be a busy next couple of weeks! Big Grin

Where do you find the time for this Tongue
(2012-07-11, 06:09)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-11, 05:09)crimsonfury Wrote: [ -> ]Ok.... How? I would like 15 posters scattered and without clear covers.

Also when I do the live BG for my movies playlist all the posters are blank but when I do it for my "kids" playlist it works....

i won´t explain that, that´s not a 5-liner.
what do you mean with movies playlist?

Would I have to change the script to show the x,y location for every case?

I just want it so the cases cover the whole background and not show any gray underneath... So maybe bigger cases would work also...
it´s getting interesting now.... the rss widget stuff now enables you to enter a youtube user name and display all videos of that user inside the widget including click-to-view support. all that can be done from inside the GUI.
thx to fmronan for the pipe codebase, only extended it a bit to be flexible.
Quote:Good on you for figuring it out. Usually when I try to mod things, it ends in an absolute disaster Tongue That said, I'm absolutely determined (after August) to be able to do more advanced things! Summer weddings keeping me very busy, but I'm dead set on learning this!

I have often thought it would be cool to see Aeon Nox 2 on the 4:3 iPad. The skins that are out there right now are nice but Aeon I think would really do xbmc proud on the iPad.
the widget stuff now also works for favorites. so if you see something interesting on youtube.com, just add it to your youtube favorites and it will appear in a widget on your nox homescreen on next xbmc startup. this really allows some funny stuff.
needed script (+ musicextrainfo script) can be found here: https://github.com/downloads/BigNoid/Aeo...addons.rar
(2012-07-09, 04:05)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]...

(2012-07-09, 02:10)cliffx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-09, 01:13)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]try removing the texturesxx.db file in userdata/database
there´s something wrong on your end which doesn´t have anything to do with the skin.

It didn't work, but when i'm in fullscreen mode it does show the cd cover and artist thumbnail, i think it might be an option that has reset to its default value when the skin was updated.

btw great work with skin checklist.

btw if you´re using xbmc 12 alpha: jmarshall is workin on music thumbnails atm, so that´s perhaps the cause.

I think my problem is because im using alpha as you said, i uninstalled completely xbmc and reinstalled, added my music source and the problem continues, i think im going to wait until an update is released. Thank you for your time
(2012-07-12, 00:14)fional Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-11, 14:18)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]you´re right. looks much worse than clearcases IMO.

It reminds me of something from the pound bin at Tesco Big Grin Definitely prefer the clear look, especially since really - after I've ripped them, they aren't technically dvd etc!

Speaking of ugly cases, a DVD rental place went under last week and I purchased 400 dvds for 80 Euros. Going to be a busy next couple of weeks! Big Grin
For me, Bluray or DVD case let me know if movies are HD or SD.

For your DVDs, very good deal Cool
(2012-07-12, 03:47)PantsOnFire Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Good on you for figuring it out. Usually when I try to mod things, it ends in an absolute disaster Tongue That said, I'm absolutely determined (after August) to be able to do more advanced things! Summer weddings keeping me very busy, but I'm dead set on learning this!

I have often thought it would be cool to see Aeon Nox 2 on the 4:3 iPad. The skins that are out there right now are nice but Aeon I think would really do xbmc proud on the iPad.

Because of the textures and (fullscreen) fanart everywhere, Aeon is not very suited for low powered systems. Also 4x3 aspect ratio is not suited for this skin as its designed for widescreen tvs.
hi,
i found some strange things with "world maps+icons" as background.
i don't know if it is skin related, but i start to post here.......
first of all icons sometimes are showed sometimes no!
when the icons are not showerd the background look like this:
i think they are grouped in the high left corner of the my screen
when the icons start to be showed they seem to work fine, even if they are not to much accurated in term of geographic position.
here an example: the difference between Milano on xbmc and google maps.
on xbmc Milano is on Bologna
peppe
(2012-07-12, 04:23)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]the widget stuff now also works for favorites. so if you see something interesting on youtube.com, just add it to your youtube favorites and it will appear in a widget on your nox homescreen on next xbmc startup. this really allows some funny stuff.

would that be Youtube subscriptions? If so, that is awesome! can't wait for the next update!
Is there a way to disable randomitem/recently added cause I'm getting these Script errors from randomitems.py all the time? Have search the forum w/o finding a solution though. Below is my full log file the error is located around line 674

http://pastebin.com/iG71VeUR

Thank you