Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-06-06, 12:41)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-06, 12:31)ReducedToZero Wrote: [ -> ]@phil65,

This commit: 00c220d50a7d91e2fb860d4a46d3bd86e5a94611 caused my home screen settings (widgets / backgrounds / entries) to reset to defaults.

Figured it was worth a mention.

link doesn´t exist

if people think settings are reset: master branch returned to old setting naming scheme again (without Nox. as prefix)
will be changed back for release.
nothing gets reset.
if you do not like that, don´t use GIT.

(2012-06-06, 19:12)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-06, 12:41)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-06, 12:31)ReducedToZero Wrote: [ -> ]@phil65,

This commit: 00c220d50a7d91e2fb860d4a46d3bd86e5a94611 caused my home screen settings (widgets / backgrounds / entries) to reset to defaults.

Figured it was worth a mention.

link doesn´t exist

if people think settings are reset: master branch returned to old setting naming scheme again (without Nox. as prefix)
nothing gets reset.

That's a bit harsh, isn't it? I didn't see anyone complaining about it...I surely wasn't. It was more of an observation.

It isn't that I think the settings were reset - that is what appeared to happen. While it may not have technically 'reset' - the effect is the same isn't it?

(2012-06-06, 19:19)fional Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-06, 19:12)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-06, 12:41)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]link doesn´t exist

nothing gets reset.

That's a bit harsh, isn't it? I didn't see anyone complaining about it...I surely wasn't. It was more of an observation.

It isn't that I think the settings were reset - that is what appeared to happen. While it may not have technically 'reset' - the effect is the same isn't it?

was a quote and not directed at you especially. sorry if it sounded harsh.
but people who use the git version have to keep in mind that they´re using dev versions and should always read up first before posting "observations".
the effect is the same, but easy to fix by some search-and-replace in guisettings.xml.
When I'm playing music and I tabbed to full screen and paused, it previously would look like the below, somewhat, except it would bring up the player control OSD and also state "paused":

However, now when I pause, it only displays like this:

Is there a way music can be like Movies and TV Shows and have the 'show info' bit when paused, along with the OSD?

I can still pull the first screen up hitting "I", but it be class if it just did it automatically with pause. It's possible that setting still exists, but for the life of me I can't find it.

Thanks,
(2012-06-06, 16:14)three80 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-06, 16:09)DigiTech Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-06, 06:26)DigiTech Wrote: [ -> ]anyone knows how to been able to see song lyrics in aeon nox? i have xbmc lyrics installed but i dont know how to enable them, maybe somebody can help?

pleaseBig Grin

Wasn't xbmc lyrics depricated in favor of culyrics?

I have no idea where do i get culyrics, and how to enable when i get it<<<<<'?Thanks!
It should be in the official xbmc addon repo
(2012-06-06, 21:40)DigiTech Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-06, 16:14)three80 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-06, 16:09)DigiTech Wrote: [ -> ]pleaseBig Grin

Wasn't xbmc lyrics depricated in favor of culyrics?

I have no idea where do i get culyrics, and how to enable when i get it<<<<<'?Thanks!

1. Go to Add-Ons
2. Get Add Ons
3. Select XBMC.org ADD-ons
4. Scroll to Lyrics and enter that submenu.
5. Select CU Lyrics and install it.
6. You can configure it from the add-on screen. Such as 'use embeded lyrics' etc.
7. Go to your music and play a song. Then hit tab, followed by M.
8. You should have a menu up top...go to the little gear icon. It's the 2nd circle from the right.
9. Select that, on the bottom of that pop-up menu is an option Lyrics add-on. Select CU Lyrics.

You should be sorted.

(2012-06-06, 22:55)fional Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-06, 21:40)DigiTech Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-06, 16:14)three80 Wrote: [ -> ]Wasn't xbmc lyrics depricated in favor of culyrics?

1. Go to Add-Ons
2. Get Add Ons
3. Select XBMC.org ADD-ons
4. Scroll to Lyrics and enter that submenu.
5. Select CU Lyrics and install it.
6. You can configure it from the add-on screen. Such as 'use embeded lyrics' etc.
7. Go to your music and play a song. Then hit tab, followed by M.
8. You should have a menu up top...go to the little gear icon. It's the 2nd circle from the right.
9. Select that, on the bottom of that pop-up menu is an option Lyrics add-on. Select CU Lyrics.

You should be sorted.

Thanks a lot for your kind explanation fional, now im able to see it!!! wahooo!
Would it be possible to allow some mechanism to switch the forecast data in "Weather", without having to use the media menu?

In video modes, it makes sense to have those options there, as they can be configured and the configuration saves. Therefore, the menu can be hidden in kiosk mode.

In weather, that is not the case. You may wish to switch cities, but unfortunately that isn't possible in kiosk mode. Even more relevant is the Forecast itself... Even if you set the forecast, such as a preference to see the 36 hour forecast - the moment XBMC closes and restarts, it resets back. So even if you were to settle on making a static configuration (such as Galway, 36 hour forecast) for kiosk mode, the moment xbmc closes, it resets back to default. Thus, a lot of day-to-day weather options are not at all available in kiosk mode.

Perhaps it could be adjusted via the context menu?

Or if not that, then perhaps right arrow could cycle through the cities and "return" could cycle through the forecasts?

Big Noid, Regarding nox 2.0: could you please tell me how to delete the degrees icon on the home screen for the weather? (what files to edit and what lines to look out for) I have it turned off but the C letter is still there. Thanks :-)

(using 2.0 as it is stable with the nightlys, and has better performance)
(2012-06-07, 02:15)Death-Axe Wrote: [ -> ]Big Noid, Regarding nox 2.0: could you please tell me how to delete the degrees icon on the home screen for the weather? (what files to edit and what lines to look out for) I have it turned off but the C letter is still there. Thanks :-)

no support for 2.0 in general and especially in this thread. please ask other users for help in the corresponding "aeon nox 2.0" thread.
Is anyone having an issue with 3.0 where season posters for TV shows and random thumbnails for TV shows are just not working correctly? They sometimes work and sometimes don't. Most of the season posters for my TV shows just flat out don't show up. The TV thumbnails work if they are not selected but once you selected that episode the thumbnail turns to a broken image. Ideas?
(2012-06-07, 04:42)af32af Wrote: [ -> ]Is anyone having an issue with 3.0 where season posters for TV shows and random thumbnails for TV shows are just not working correctly? They sometimes work and sometimes don't. Most of the season posters for my TV shows just flat out don't show up. The TV thumbnails work if they are not selected but once you selected that episode the thumbnail turns to a broken image. Ideas?

Yeah, I get that problem. It's usually random season posters and the first thumbnail of each episode except that it does the reverse of what you mention. The thumbnail is missing until you highlight it, then it magically reappears. Confused I've just been living with it up to now.
I've been using the default skin since the beginning. Yesterday I read about Aeon Nox somewhere and checked it out: wow. This skin is truly great, I did not know how much could've been improved. I'm using XBMC nightly builds so a couple of issues here and there are to be expected, I cannot wait for XBMC 12 to be out with official support from you guys Big Grin

Thanks!
(2012-06-07, 02:51)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-07, 02:15)Death-Axe Wrote: [ -> ]Big Noid, Regarding nox 2.0: could you please tell me how to delete the degrees icon on the home screen for the weather? (what files to edit and what lines to look out for) I have it turned off but the C letter is still there. Thanks :-)

no support for 2.0 in general and especially in this thread. please ask other users for help in the corresponding "aeon nox 2.0" thread.

Thanks phil, but I wasn't asking you.