Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-06-07, 15:32)Death-Axe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-07, 02:51)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-07, 02:15)Death-Axe Wrote: [ -> ]Big Noid, Regarding nox 2.0: could you please tell me how to delete the degrees icon on the home screen for the weather? (what files to edit and what lines to look out for) I have it turned off but the C letter is still there. Thanks :-)

(using 2.0 as it is stable with the nightlys, and has better performance)

no support for 2.0 in general and especially in this thread. please ask other users for help in the corresponding "aeon nox 2.0" thread.

Thanks phil, but I wasn't asking you.

i know, i didn´t try to answer your question. i only explained how to use a forum in a way that it makes sense.

(2012-06-07, 05:03)Deano316 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-07, 04:42)af32af Wrote: [ -> ]Is anyone having an issue with 3.0 where season posters for TV shows and random thumbnails for TV shows are just not working correctly? They sometimes work and sometimes don't. Most of the season posters for my TV shows just flat out don't show up. The TV thumbnails work if they are not selected but once you selected that episode the thumbnail turns to a broken image. Ideas?

Yeah, I get that problem. It's usually random season posters and the first thumbnail of each episode except that it does the reverse of what you mention. The thumbnail is missing until you highlight it, then it magically reappears. Confused I've just been living with it up to now.

does that happen for all viewtypes? does the log show something?
Back again guys.....

Ideas for improvements this time rather than problems. Was using the recently modded landscape view w/logo earlier went to watch a trailer and found it a rather drawn out process:

Find film:

Push up gets you info:

Up again brings the quicknav up:

Then push enter to start trailer:

Then push across to remove the quicknav to watch the trailer:

Was thinking maybe just having push up or down to go straight to the trailer because the graphic overlay looks awesome. Only thing I would change is maybe lowering the fade at the bottom because it makes the trailer hard to watch:

These minor issues may well be specific to this view, just thought with the graphic overlay its a great way to watch trailers. This view is the best in any skin for XBMC IMHO. Nox 3.0 is the skin that keeps on giving!!
the "push across to remove the quicknav to watch the trailer" shouldn´t be needed anymore (at least on git, don´t know when i fixed that)
"maybe just having push up or down to go straight to the trailer " would make navigation a bit uncomprehensive IMO (but I´ll think about it again since we have the "intelligent" tooltip now)
I´ll also include the "one-logo" landscape layout probably, have to see how i integrate that into the options.
(2012-06-07, 16:20)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]the "push across to remove the quicknav to watch the trailer" shouldn´t be needed anymore (at least on git, don´t know when i fixed that)
"maybe just having push up or down to go straight to the trailer " would make navigation a bit uncomprehensive IMO (but I´ll think about it again since we have the "intelligent" tooltip now)
I´ll also include the "one-logo" landscape layout probably, have to see how i integrate that into the options.

Thanks for your time, I know you guys have a heavy workload. Smile
(2012-06-07, 02:15)Death-Axe Wrote: [ -> ]Big Noid, Regarding nox 2.0: could you please tell me how to delete the degrees icon on the home screen for the weather? (what files to edit and what lines to look out for) I have it turned off but the C letter is still there. Thanks :-)

(using 2.0 as it is stable with the nightlys, and has better performance)

Search for
Code:
System.TemperatureUnits
, dont know which files cause I dont have the 2.0 version anymore (only 2.1.0). But as phil said, please post 2.0 questions in 2.0 thread.
(2012-06-06, 17:48)RavenNL Wrote: [ -> ]I must say kudos to the Big Noid and Phil65. After 2 weeks of using this skin I'm absolutely in love with it Wink I was an MQ user but this skin has made me switch, never liked Nox 2.0 because it was too messy. But now 3.0 is so clean compared to 2.0 and MQ. And I must say that you guys are absolutely did a great job but also the support you are providing to everyone else who has an issue / question. Unfortunately that is not something that all skin devs do and I must say that this is much appreciated probably by everyone.

(2012-06-07, 10:02)tsubus Wrote: [ -> ]I've been using the default skin since the beginning. Yesterday I read about Aeon Nox somewhere and checked it out: wow. This skin is truly great, I did not know how much could've been improved. I'm using XBMC nightly builds so a couple of issues here and there are to be expected, I cannot wait for XBMC 12 to be out with official support from you guys Big Grin

Thanks!

Good to hear Smile
There is a 2.1.0? where? :-)
(2012-06-07, 20:23)Death-Axe Wrote: [ -> ]There is a 2.1.0? where? :-)

Try here: https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/zipball/2.1.0
is it possible to have certain viewtype options enabled for tv shows but not enabled for movies?

eg. i'd like to enable 'no background panel' for movies, but i'd like the option disabled for tv shows.
(2012-06-08, 00:32)Shinu Wrote: [ -> ]is it possible to have certain viewtype options enabled for tv shows but not enabled for movies?

eg. i'd like to enable 'no background panel' for movies, but i'd like the option disabled for tv shows.

That's exactly what I want.

Even more so than between tv show and movie libraries, I'd like the "no background panel" option to be different for each viewtype. For showcase view, it's somewhat redundant to have a fullscreen fanart background behind the info panel which contains a smaller version of the same image. But I do like the fullscreen fanart background for other views, like low list, which I use to view tv show seasons and episodes.
Is there actually any way to interact with the new 2nd widget for home screen items? I've tried scrolling up to it every which way but am unable to reach it.
(2012-06-08, 00:51)Brent212 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-08, 00:32)Shinu Wrote: [ -> ]is it possible to have certain viewtype options enabled for tv shows but not enabled for movies?

Even more so than between tv show and movie libraries, I'd like the "no background panel" option to be different for each viewtype. For showcase view, it's somewhat redundant to have a fullscreen fanart background behind the info panel which contains a smaller version of the same image. But I do like the fullscreen fanart background for other views, like low list, which I use to view tv show seasons and episodes.

I'm sure phil65 is pulling his hair in desperation right about now! My guess is, it would require doubling the code for all available options on all viewtypes... and then someone would want a different set of options for music, or RCB... and then, of course, different options for each custom playlist perhaps. Bottom line, it would be too much code added and too few people would actually use them.
(2012-06-08, 01:57)CutSickAss Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-08, 00:51)Brent212 Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm sure phil65 is pulling his hair in desperation right about now! My guess is, it would require doubling the code for all available options on all viewtypes... and then someone would want a different set of options for music, or RCB... and then, of course, different options for each custom playlist perhaps. Bottom line, it would be too much code added and too few people would actually use them.

hehe... it´s not as if i´m allergic to options... most of the time it´s only about the way how to integrate them.
it´s fair to say i´m allergic to fullscreen radiobutton lists though. that´s why 3.0 settings areas look that much different to the ones in 2.0.
which option is meant exactly with "no background panel"? if it makes sense to divide them for different areas, I´m happy to do that. especially because those options do not increase the amount of "visible" option buttons and mostly only need very few code changes.
(2012-06-08, 01:57)hikaricore Wrote: [ -> ]Is there actually any way to interact with the new 2nd widget for home screen items? I've tried scrolling up to it every which way but am unable to reach it.

navigation for 2nd widget is buggy atm. will be fixed.
to make up for that: i integrated a new option to hide widgets by pressing back when focussing home menu list.
makes it possible to make use of widgets AND see the fanart.
(2012-06-08, 02:18)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]hehe... it´s not as if i´m allergic to options... most of the time it´s only about the way how to integrate them.
it´s fair to say i´m allergic to fullscreen radiobutton lists though. that´s why 3.0 settings areas look that much different to the ones in 2.0.
which option is meant exactly with "no background panel"? if it makes sense to divide them for different areas, I´m happy to do that. especially because those options do not increase the amount of "visible" option buttons and mostly only need very few code changes.

the "no background panel" i was referring to was for the infowall. the viewtype setting to disable the panel for that view.
(2012-06-08, 02:18)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]which option is meant exactly with "no background panel"?

I think it's something like "hide fanart". It basically takes away the fullscreen fanart background image and replaces it with the homescreen image, or curtains if you have it set to show that (which is my preference).

On some views, where the background isn't mostly covered, I like having the fanart there, but in others, like showcase, where the background is mostly covered, I'd rather have the curtains (or any sort of non-distracting image, pattern, or even solid color) back there, especially when the fanart is already displayed in the foreground (like in showcase).

Here's an example of where I don't like having the fanart in the background:

And here's an example of where I do like it: