Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-05-25, 13:13)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-25, 13:10)csdf Wrote: [ -> ]OK, here's a log covering the lack of control bug.
http://temp-share.com/show/YgFHKu2Ey

As a summary, at 14:18.05 I start playing a local file, which responds normally to controls and at 14:18.22 I stop the file playing.

At 14:19.02 I select a TED video using the TED plugin. This starts playing and I have no control over what happens until the file reaches its natural end at 14:26:23. During that time I am pressing keys on the remote control and on the computer keyboard, with no response from XBMC.

The remainder of the log covers me quitting XBMC.

(2012-05-25, 11:56)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]best for all people with those problems would be to create an issue on our github issues list and attach all your debug logs there so we don´t have to search all the threads when contacting the devs is needed for example.

(2012-05-25, 13:10)muzzakus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-25, 13:02)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]if you´re familiar with GIT you could go back the complete commit timeline and see since when that happens (would definitely be the easiest way to bugfix this)

Sorry, it's foreign to me. But I can post the exact version # that works, and the version # that is exhibiting the issue if that's helpful at all?

if you want to tell me that it works for 2.0 but not for 3.0, that´s not new to me. i would need a specific commit from 3.0 dev branch to narrow that down.

Haha, of course not, I'm referring to v3 GIT.

Here's the scoop....

v3 (Release) = loss of control
v3.0.0.1337798042 (GIT) = loss of control
v3.0.0.1337684870 (GIT) = functions correctly

Staying on that version till there's some breakthrough. Tried other skins and frankly I cant live without Nox. Wink

(2012-05-25, 13:31)muzzakus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-25, 13:10)csdf Wrote: [ -> ]OK, here's a log covering the lack of control bug.
http://temp-share.com/show/YgFHKu2Ey

As a summary, at 14:18.05 I start playing a local file, which responds normally to controls and at 14:18.22 I stop the file playing.

At 14:19.02 I select a TED video using the TED plugin. This starts playing and I have no control over what happens until the file reaches its natural end at 14:26:23. During that time I am pressing keys on the remote control and on the computer keyboard, with no response from XBMC.

The remainder of the log covers me quitting XBMC.

(2012-05-25, 11:56)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]best for all people with those problems would be to create an issue on our github issues list and attach all your debug logs there so we don´t have to search all the threads when contacting the devs is needed for example.

(2012-05-25, 13:10)muzzakus Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, it's foreign to me. But I can post the exact version # that works, and the version # that is exhibiting the issue if that's helpful at all?

if you want to tell me that it works for 2.0 but not for 3.0, that´s not new to me. i would need a specific commit from 3.0 dev branch to narrow that down.

Here's the scoop....

Staying on that version till there's some breakthrough. Tried other skins and frankly I cant live without Nox. Wink

i need the SHA key from the commit, not the passion repo version number.
(2012-05-24, 08:09)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]Q: I lost all my settings after the auto-update took place.. what can i do?
A: Unfortunately this was unavoidable for 3.0.

This is amazing.
(2012-05-25, 13:36)Hauser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-24, 08:09)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]Q: I lost all my settings after the auto-update took place.. what can i do?

This is amazing.

yes, probably our best new feature.
if you quote me, please quote me in detail
Quote:Q: I lost all my settings after the auto-update took place.. what can i do?
A: Unfortunately this was unavoidable for 3.0. If you really do not want to re-setup and use 3.0 then just rollback to the old 2.0 version, you´ll have everything back like it was before. (can be done in settings --> addons)
(2012-05-25, 13:36)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-25, 13:31)muzzakus Wrote: [ -> ]

Here's the scoop....

Happy to oblige, but throw the man a bone. How?

Than again, there must be thousands of people using the skin without issue. I don't want to trouble you if this is limited to an insignificant few.
(2012-05-25, 13:46)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-25, 13:36)Hauser Wrote: [ -> ]

This is amazing.

yes, probably our best new feature.

LoL !

Thanks for the skin and all the hard work (that goes to you too Big Noid).

One thing : with Big Fan view for movies, a watched movie got a little sign (a bit like a V) which is coloured with the colour I picked up in the settings. Withe episode view for TVshows, watched episodes got the same sign but it is white. Is it intended ? I would prefer it coloured. As last time I pointed out a similar thing (you changed it btw, thanks) it is not a bug and it is not important but I believe it would better for the "uniformity" feeling of the skin.
(2012-05-25, 14:09)muzzakus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-25, 13:36)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-25, 13:31)muzzakus Wrote: [ -> ]Haha, of course not, I'm referring to v3 GIT.

Here's the scoop....

Happy to oblige, but throw the man a bone. How?

Than again, there must be thousands of people using the skin without issue. I don't want to trouble you if this is limited to an insignificant few.

no, the number seems not to be insignificant. if you´re not familiar with git but still want to help, please attach the logs to our github issues tracker please ( https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/issu...state=open )
(2012-05-24, 22:02)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-24, 21:48)bigbear77 Wrote: [ -> ]awesome skin as ever!

just got one tiny problem: i have my tv series in "Wall[/align]"-Mode. In the old version there was an option like "use smaller pictures" so that i could fit more series on one page.
i cant find that option in the new version. am i just blind or did you remove it?

thanks for your help
flo

Smaller wall views has been removed.

too bad that was perfect for me Sad

but thanks for the info and the best skin ever
Looks like an excellent update! Thanks for the hard work that is put into this skin.
Still need to re-set it up which I'm doing this morning.
I don't understand why some of you guys, a minority incidently, think it right that you should complain about something that has been provided for free. If you don't like something about the skin then ask if it can be changed don't whine about it..... if you don't like what you hear then accept it gracefully and go and write your own skin.

Don't complain about something that is your own fault like the auto updating, if you don't want that feature then turn it off. There's no point whining about the fact that you made a bad decision by leaving the option enabled.

BTW I don't use this skin but I can still appreciate the work that went into it.

Now where's that fire extinguisher..............

Confused
Love the Quick Nav. Can it be assigned to a keyboard shortcut ?
(2012-05-25, 16:31)DavidT99 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand why some of you guys, a minority incidently, think it right that you should complain about something that has been provided for free. If you don't like something about the skin then ask if it can be changed don't whine about it..... if you don't like what you hear then accept it gracefully and go and write your own skin.

Don't complain about something that is your own fault like the auto updating, if you don't want that feature then turn it off. There's no point whining about the fact that you made a bad decision by leaving the option enabled.

BTW I don't use this skin but I can still appreciate the work that went into it.

Now where's that fire extinguisher..............

Confused

Dont trolls normally ask a riddle or something? As with anything provided to the masses for free, you have to take the compliments with the complaints.
Any chance I can convince you guys to remove the *Hidden to prevent spoilers* message when "Show plot for unwatched items" is disabled?
(2012-05-25, 17:25)BadBradc Wrote: [ -> ]Any chance I can convince you guys to remove the *Hidden to prevent spoilers* message when "Show plot for unwatched items" is disabled?

That would mean removing built in function of XBMC. This is something for a personal mod imo.
Great work. A really nice step forward in both features and simplicity.

An observation.....
I'm using a custom favourite for the standard TV Shows menu item. It points at a smartPlaylist that filters out kids TV shows. I'm using Showcase view to browse, but cannot set it to use poster.jpg. The option is there if I browse through the whole TV Show library, or if I browse directly through a smartPlaylist. But accessing through a favourite that points to the smartPlaylist, the poster.jpg option is not there.

Can it be added? Or is there a way to point the TV Show menu item directly to a smartPlaylist rather than a favorite?

Thanks
Dave