Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-06-04, 15:13)Deano316 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-04, 15:01)Kokonutcreme Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-03, 16:34)Deano316 Wrote: [ -> ]

I replaced the code in the landscape viewtype but can't see any change that resembles the screenshot above. I still have the movie logos or the XBMC default logo appearing on screen on either side of the movie in focus, similar to Deano's earlier screenshots.

Check that you don't have fixed list enabled. An easy way to check that it works is to install the passion repo version, alter the Viewtype.xml, THEN switch skins. Double check fixed list is off, if its working copy the XML into the other Nox folder. Restart XBMC, should be good to go. Wink

Thanks Deano, that was it. Working now.
(2012-06-04, 22:36)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-04, 22:19)RavenNL Wrote: [ -> ]Probably too late, but I will try anyway for a small adjustment.

Wouldn't it make more sense to remove 'addon-ons' from the main menu and move it to the little submenu 'Programs' on the main menu. I myself have addons disabled on the main menu because i don't want it there. But sometimes you want to access it quickly and then you need to go to settings - main menu. Also when programs / addons are 'merged' doesn't clutter the main menu that much. Just an idea Wink

you can add it already to the programs submenu. just choose "custom" type for a submenu item and enter "ActivateWindow(AddonBrowser)"

Cool, thanks for the tip Smile
Hey Big Noid and phil65 made some great progress with Bonus Features over the last couple of weeks. Wondered if you could help with a couple of minor problems. Got season logos working now, but in all seasons when you scroll down and get to the linked movies the poster and logo is not displayed yet the fanart is. Can this be fixed?

Also the network logos aren't displayed, I know this is because there is no matching logo due to my workaround. Am I able to add extra network logos to Nox?
My ATV2 with AEON Nox 3 installed seems a little too sluggish and it has crashed more than a few times in the past few days on me. I go back to Confluence and it seems snappier and no crashing... yet...

Anyone with ATV2 running this skin notice the sluggishness and crashing every so often?
(2012-06-06, 00:32)crimsonfury Wrote: [ -> ]My ATV2 with AEON Nox 3 installed seems a little too sluggish and it has crashed more than a few times in the past few days on me. I go back to Confluence and it seems snappier and no crashing... yet...

Anyone with ATV2 running this skin notice the sluggishness and crashing every so often?

That thing just can't handle it. Better spend a couple of bucks more for a decent HTPC
I thought that before I bought it but I saw on here there are others with no problems... I guess for now I'll stick with Confluence or other lightly loaded skins.
(2012-05-31, 16:32)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-31, 14:04)muzzakus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-30, 19:58)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]In Wall view, no its not possible. In InfoWall it should be possible, set Cases to No.

Any reason for this restriction BG? Least we not forget what Aeon Nox stands for. I vote for a revision of this.

believe me, big_noid and me know well enough what Aeon stands for.

Does this mean we won't get back the ability to turn off the cases?
I'm still having trouble with the Comics. I've been tinkering with this for several days and I still can't get it right...

I couldn't figure out a way to actually set the path for Comics... I found an old post from BN that suggested this:

I went to pictures, added the comic path, then set it as a favourite. Then I went to comics and linked it to the favourite.

Once I added two directories to the comic path, then things started to show. This is what I get now...but it looks nothing like other people's galleries....

What am I doing wrong?

It seems to look exactly as it does if I view it under Pictures - and my understanding, which could be wrong, was that by viewing it in the comics link, the images would be bigger and more "dvd like" ?
(2012-06-06, 04:11)Rayor Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-31, 16:32)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-31, 14:04)muzzakus Wrote: [ -> ]Any reason for this restriction BG? Least we not forget what Aeon Nox stands for. I vote for a revision of this.

believe me, big_noid and me know well enough what Aeon stands for.

Does this mean we won't get back the ability to turn off the cases?

added.
Oh I'm sorry... Are the Gits still getting updated?
(2012-06-06, 05:53)crimsonfury Wrote: [ -> ]Oh I'm sorry... Are the Gits still getting updated?
why askin when you can see it? it´s an open github repo...
anyone knows how to been able to see song lyrics in aeon nox? i have xbmc lyrics installed but i dont know how to enable them, maybe somebody can help?
This is killing me. How do I remove an item from one of the icon panels ("icon panel 1" or "icon panel 2")? It was hard enough to add something, because I couldn't find anyway to select the icon panel items without using the mouse (pushing the "up" arrow brings up the menu item's config menu, so there's no way to get up to the icon panel items), and now if I select one of the ones that I've already assigned to an add-on, it just goes to that add-on.

EDIT:
Figured it out. Had to get out of the skin customizing view and then could setup the icons from the regular home screen. Duh.

One bummer is that it doesn't seem that you can remove the unused icons. And the "icon panel #" text is somewhat useless and ugly, which I've seen mentioned by others.
(2012-06-06, 05:55)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-06, 05:53)crimsonfury Wrote: [ -> ]Oh I'm sorry... Are the Gits still getting updated?
why askin when you can see it? it´s an open github repo...

Ok.... So if I want to keep current and keep installing these, will it reset my settings like it did going from git to release?
@phil65,

This commit: here caused my home screen settings (widgets / backgrounds / entries) to reset to defaults.

Figured it was worth a mention.