Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
deano the mockups look amazing , its a neat idea to have the tagline as furniture.. also it would be kinda cool if there is a movie with no logo then instead of the tag line it could just display the label ( I think there is a similar mod already here )
looks amazing this mockup!
Above the logo isn't a good place because the text on the logos vary to much in height.
If you try to actually change the code, you'll soon realize they won't look so good. Fanarts are not always suitable for text to be displayed on top of them, the image might be all white or messed up, therefore the taglines might "disappear" in it. That is why practically all text is placed within textures/boxes/windows. Also, regarding the one right above the logo, remember that some logos are positioned on the bottom, therefore the tagline will appear to be too high.
(2012-07-23, 21:30)CutSickAss Wrote: [ -> ]If you try to actually change the code, you'll soon realize they won't look so good. Fanarts are not always suitable for text to be displayed on top of them, the image might be all white or messed up, therefore the taglines might "disappear" in it. That is why practically all text is placed within textures/boxes/windows. Also, regarding the one right above the logo, remember that some logos are positioned on the bottom, therefore the tagline will appear to be too high.

correct. we´d need some of those fadin black overlays then.
I´m also not too sure about the logo quality in that case because we´d have to stretch them quite a bit to get them to that size.
concerning tagline readability: it´s possible to put a shadow on a font, but not sure how good / usable that looks when displayed on a completely white background.
still nice lookin mock-ups though, just not sure if it would look that good for all movies.
(2012-07-20, 20:15)e2zippo Wrote: [ -> ]Using latest version from GIT and it's great!

But there's a few things regarding rom collection browser

* would it be possible to get a landscape viewtype that has correct AR when using RBC, I know wall viewtype has correct AR but landscape displays the covers a lot better.
*videos that was imported in RBC doesn't play, I can hear the sound if I go into the info mode and press play but the video is nowhere to be seen (they play fine in MQ4 and confluence)

Other than that it's working really good, thanks for all your efforts!

Cheers.

Sorry for quoting myself but I didn't see any reply..

Another issue has come up as well with RBC, when I try to change consoles by pressing Enter, the "selection" jumps up one notch and i can't swap between, let's say, NES and SNES collections, I seem to recall something similar was present before 3.0 went live.

Cheers!

Thanks everyone for your input, after all it's just an idea I was playing around with. You are right about the logo being bottom aligned and creating a gap between it and the tagline, I'll work some more with a best/worst case scenario and see where that gets me. Food for thought at my end, I just thought I'd spend a little time working on the layout because Phil and Noid have loads going on already.

With regards to the tagline getting lost, I had intended to add a gradient of some kind to them, just didn't get time. I doubled the size of the logos purely to see how far I could push them, haven't run into any problems so far, but my sample size was admittedly very small.

On the one hand I think the logo would benefit being part of the floor, but I also think that you gotta to have the tagline. I'll go back to it and see what I can come up with. I appreciate the critique guys, back to work. Tongue
Phil is it possible for the rss news widget to scroll through more than 9 Items ?
(2012-07-23, 23:28)bigbodiehard Wrote: [ -> ]Phil is it possible for the rss news widget to scroll through more than 9 Items ?

not for now, perhaps in the future.
ok i see mentions in this thread for the "next aired" widget. i dont seem to see it. all i see is featured/new movies/tv shows. is there anyway i can get it so on the main menu it tells me the next episode that is coming for any episode?
(2012-07-24, 02:23)gman3042 Wrote: [ -> ]ok i see mentions in this thread for the "next aired" widget. i dont seem to see it. all i see is featured/new movies/tv shows. is there anyway i can get it so on the main menu it tells me the next episode that is coming for any episode?

which Nox version do you use?
version 3.0 Smile

(awesome btw)
(2012-07-24, 03:02)gman3042 Wrote: [ -> ]version 3.0 Smile

(awesome btw)

then wait some days and you´ll have the option Wink
Just pulled the latest 3.5 git release and found that in pseudotv the overlay is missing when you pause a show i.e. no progress bar, video info etc...

Has anyone else found this?
(2012-07-24, 03:08)farr3ll Wrote: [ -> ]Just pulled the latest 3.5 git release and found that in pseudotv the overlay is missing when you pause a show i.e. no progress bar, video info etc...

Has anyone else found this?

someone else mentioned here that hiding that dialog would be better.
i personally don´t use that add-on that´s why I believed that. if it was better before, I´ll revert it.