Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-07-12, 14:40)Vinther Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to disable randomitem/recently added cause I'm getting these Script errors from randomitems.py all the time? Have search the forum w/o finding a solution though. Below is my full log file the error is located around line 674

http://pastebin.com/iG71VeUR

Thank you

Delete the corresponding folders:
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.randomitems
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.recentlyadded

Don't ask me how to fix the problem without deleting them... I've tried updating, re-installing the script, doing a clean XBMC install, even the nightlies, but I still get the RandomItems.py error only on my laptop. Works fine on the other PCs though.
(2012-07-12, 13:30)krish_2k4 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-12, 04:23)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]the widget stuff now also works for favorites. so if you see something interesting on youtube.com, just add it to your youtube favorites and it will appear in a widget on your nox homescreen on next xbmc startup. this really allows some funny stuff.

would that be Youtube subscriptions? If so, that is awesome! can't wait for the next update!

yes. and if spend a bit of time it´s very easy to join several subscriptions together with yahoo pipes. that rss stuff is really powerful.
(2012-07-12, 18:17)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-12, 04:23)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]the widget stuff now also works for favorites. so if you see something interesting on youtube.com, just add it to your youtube favorites and it will appear in a widget on your nox homescreen on next xbmc startup. this really allows some funny stuff.

would that be Youtube subscriptions? If so, that is awesome! can't wait for the next update!

yes. and if spend a bit of time it´s very easy to join several subscriptions together with yahoo pipes. that rss stuff is really powerful.

yea i have seen it mentioned a few posts back,

Will have a go at this, I have always wanted a "News" menu on the home view, so I can probably use the BBC News Video RSS feed now! Although I don't know if it will generate thumbnails.

there are lots more bbc news rss video feeds here.
(2012-07-12, 19:03)fmronan Wrote: [ -> ]an other feed for music

http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.run?_i...s&n=15

an other for manga

http://psp.dattebayo-fr.fr/psp2.php

thx but the manga one does not contain any thumbs and the musicvideo one can only play videos for very few items, for most others i get a error popup.

EDIT: I see, the error popup for music videos is because of copyright reasons. i may not see those videos here in germany :/
ok for manga, they change itSad
but add the music feed is one of the best
(2012-07-12, 20:00)fmronan Wrote: [ -> ]ok for manga, they change itSad
but add the music feed is one of the best

already done. thx.
Take a look in this file rssfeeds.xml
but I'm not sure every feeds works today
http://passion-xbmc.org/influence/les-fl...ttach=5456
ok tried the bbc news video feed.

http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.info?_...dc3f0dcfef

It displays the thumbnails and when you press "up" it has a nice news blurb but does not play the video!

this is how it is in the xml file

PHP Code:
<item id="9">
    <
label>BBC NEWS</label>
    <
onclick>Skin.SetString(RSSWidgetFeed,http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.run?_id=69ff3cc395301bb89c85dcdc3f0dcfef&amp;_render=rss&amp;n=15)</onclick>

<onclick>Dialog.Close(1160)</onclick>
</
item
How do I paste on the rss feed input. I press ctrl + v and nothing happens.
(2012-07-12, 21:45)bigbodiehard Wrote: [ -> ]How do I paste on the rss feed input. I press ctrl + v and nothing happens.

you cannot paste inside xbmc, but you could edit guisettings.xml directly.
or perhaps the rssfeeds.xml?
(2012-07-12, 22:17)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-12, 21:45)bigbodiehard Wrote: [ -> ]How do I paste on the rss feed input. I press ctrl + v and nothing happens.

you cannot paste inside xbmc, but you could edit guisettings.xml directly.

Ok thanks it was driving me mad. Great work for the rss widget.
(2012-07-12, 15:31)CutSickAss Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-12, 14:40)Vinther Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to disable randomitem/recently added cause I'm getting these Script errors from randomitems.py all the time? Have search the forum w/o finding a solution though. Below is my full log file the error is located around line 674

http://pastebin.com/iG71VeUR

Thank you

Delete the corresponding folders:
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.randomitems
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.recentlyadded

Don't ask me how to fix the problem without deleting them... I've tried updating, re-installing the script, doing a clean XBMC install, even the nightlies, but I still get the RandomItems.py error only on my laptop. Works fine on the other PCs though.

Thank you this worked

(2012-07-12, 00:18)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-12, 00:14)fional Wrote: [ -> ]Speaking of ugly cases, a DVD rental place went under last week and I purchased 400 dvds for 80 Euros. Going to be a busy next couple of weeks! Big Grin

Where do you find the time for this Tongue

My students are on summer holiday and I pretty much just sing at weddings during the summer! I'm hoping that this weekend I can finish building my server case...it's made out of solid steel. I just have to grind out a bit of space for the I/O area because my initial cut was too small, but I digress Big Grin

(2012-07-12, 03:47)PantsOnFire Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Good on you for figuring it out. Usually when I try to mod things, it ends in an absolute disaster Tongue That said, I'm absolutely determined (after August) to be able to do more advanced things! Summer weddings keeping me very busy, but I'm dead set on learning this!

I have often thought it would be cool to see Aeon Nox 2 on the 4:3 iPad. The skins that are out there right now are nice but Aeon I think would really do xbmc proud on the iPad.

Well, I don't think it would probably run very well. That said, I'm not sure a skin that be better suited. I don't have an iPad yet, but I do think the "comic" option be class on the iPad, but I'm not sure of any other skin that would have that. I only have used Nox.

(2012-07-12, 18:17)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]

This is looking real fun! It reminds me, somewhat, of the "Pulse" application. Saturday is going to be a real treat!