Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-05-26, 01:25)spartacus51 Wrote: [ -> ]1) I still consider it a bullshit excuse for adding something ugly annoying and overall ridiculous. Average users that know what they want have to go to the trouble of modding something just because you hate noobs? If noobs can come to the forum and complain about it and apparently ruin your life then they can also come here and be told mouse use isn't supported and then railed at by you for not reading previous threads. I can see no advantage in going to the trouble of making something ugly when something plain and acceptable is actually easier.

If you turn it off its gone. Besides it has been there forever.

Quote:2) If you are so afraid of noobs then why would you assume they will know to DISABLE auto-update? Shouldn't it be disabled by default and allow advanced users the option to ENABLE it? Where's the giant ugly red warning label that says auto-update is enabled? Your thought process is totally flawed and you're only trying to justify wrong thinking rather than correcting it.
This is not in any kind of way the fault of this skin nor it's authors.

XBMC 12.0 will make sure this will be prevented.

Quote:3) I have rolled back and I'm still looking at this ugly ass red WARNING. Perhaps I should have said mods instead of customizations, Either way, if you read my post and gave it any thought you should have known exactly what I was talking about. If you're under the impression that my replaced mouse cursor wasn't lost after rolling back, then your assumption is wrong. It's definitely gone.

a skin mod is definitely something else than customizing.
Take the blame to yourself that you didn't do a backup of your work.

Quote:I may appreciate your work, but your attitude is lousy. Honestly I think it probably takes less time to answer most questions over and over and over than it does to be completely unhelpful and say "if you would read the 20 pages before this you would have your answer," over and over and over. Good on you for perpetuating the stereotype of the antisocial basement-dweller. You ought to be so proud of your superiority.

I would definitely say the same. Go read or search first before asking questions.
So you would actually answer the same question 20 times a day day in day out for weeks at a time. I know for sure you wouldn't
Your flaming attitude isn't much better either then. You go rant on some mouse cursor which would take you half an hour or whatever while they invested days and weeks of their own free time without getting payed listening to guys like you
(2012-05-26, 01:25)spartacus51 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-25, 11:00)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-25, 05:03)spartacus51 Wrote: [ -> ]I apologize from the outset because I know I'm complaining about something given to me for free. I hope I can be at least marginally constructive.

I've rolled back to 2.0. My foremost reason is I loved Panel view for TV series list. I didn't like any of the options in 3.0.

One of my biggest complaints about many skins now is the included glaringly ugly "WARNING Mouse not supported please disable" pointer. I understand the mouse is not supported, but with my gyration remote I like to be able to tell where my mouse is from across the room on my multi-monitor setup and it is occasionally useful for using the top bar controls while watching video. I had previously made a replacement custom pointer, but that seems to have been lost in the update. I feel that there is a disconnect in the thought process which assumes that people will know enough to turn auto-update off (a feature I never knew existed) and yet not know enough to see that using their mouse doesn't seem to be working very well. Better said: why idiot proof a totally benign annoyance while doing nothing to prevent what has turned out to be a least a somewhat significant inconvenience to many people?

XBMC may well be my favorite program ever, and Windows may be my least favorite program ever, but at least Windows asks me if I would like to update and warns me that doing so may cause me to lose settings and customizations. In all my experience with IT professionals and the computer savvy one of the biggest pet peeves has always been forced unwanted changes. Might I suggest the implementation of a pop-up that informs of an update, warns against customization losses and then ASKS whether to upgrade.

I truly appreciate all the hard work from everyone involved in this amazing project. I hope any criticisms are taken in a constructive manner and I'll have made some tiny contribution rather than taken for insult and dismissed outright. Constructive criticisms may not always feel great, but when heeded almost always lead to doing better work. Thank you all once again.

1) We just do not support that. Period. IF some want to use it, then they should mod it. we want all those noob users to use remotes / keyboards.
2) people who are afraid of change should disable auto-update
3) you can still rollback and have everything the way it was before. so no customization losses. already explained x times in the thread here.

1) I still consider it a bullshit excuse for adding something ugly annoying and overall ridiculous. Average users that know what they want have to go to the trouble of modding something just because you hate noobs? If noobs can come to the forum and complain about it and apparently ruin your life then they can also come here and be told mouse use isn't supported and then railed at by you for not reading previous threads. I can see no advantage in going to the trouble of making something ugly when something plain and acceptable is actually easier.
2) If you are so afraid of noobs then why would you assume they will know to DISABLE auto-update? Shouldn't it be disabled by default and allow advanced users the option to ENABLE it? Where's the giant ugly red warning label that says auto-update is enabled? Your thought process is totally flawed and you're only trying to justify wrong thinking rather than correcting it.
3) I have rolled back and I'm still looking at this ugly ass red WARNING. Perhaps I should have said mods instead of customizations, Either way, if you read my post and gave it any thought you should have known exactly what I was talking about. If you're under the impression that my replaced mouse cursor wasn't lost after rolling back, then your assumption is wrong. It's definitely gone.

I may appreciate your work, but your attitude is lousy. Honestly I think it probably takes less time to answer most questions over and over and over than it does to be completely unhelpful and say "if you would read the 20 pages before this you would have your answer," over and over and over. Good on you for perpetuating the stereotype of the antisocial basement-dweller. You ought to be so proud of your superiority.

Complete horse puckey and you are way overblowing the warning message. Disable mouse-input.. error gone. That warning has been part of Aeon for a few years and yet here you are throwing a fit over it re-appearing. Also there are other skins that do the same thing, do you bash those skinners as well?

Their skin, their design, their vision. If it doesn't agree with you, find another skin instead of berating the creators that spent much more time making it then the zero effort you put in using it.

Or maybe kindly ask the community if anyone knows how to change it instead of demanding it and giving your opinion of hose horrible it is. You might get a better response. They don't have to provide you anything with that type of attitude.

And then calling these guys "antisocial basement-dweller", personal attacks now? You're way out of line. Good to see you can throw such a tantrum over something as inane as a mouse cursor warning. Thanks for proving the stereotype of the internet keyboard warrior is alive and well.
I am trying to setup my tv shows similar to the display on the 3rd photo on the main post of this thread.

Any ideas how it was setup?
I am also having this problem on 1.95.4 with Aeon Nox 3.0. I play anything, and then the keyboard and/or the remote is unresponsive. Cant seen anythingi n the logs. Anyone else having this issue too ?
(2012-05-26, 02:12)dirty_denim86 Wrote: [ -> ]I am trying to setup my tv shows similar to the display on the 3rd photo on the main post of this thread.

Tri-Panel view
Viewtype option = Bannerlist
(2012-05-26, 01:25)spartacus51 Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly I think it probably takes less time to answer most questions over and over and over than it does to be completely unhelpful and say "if you would read the 20 pages before this you would have your answer," over and over and over.

You obviously have no clue on how much time it takes to code a skin if you expect us to answer the same questions 20 times.

https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/grap...t-activity
(2012-05-26, 02:12)dirty_denim86 Wrote: [ -> ]I am trying to setup my tv shows similar to the display on the 3rd photo on the main post of this thread.

"tri panel" view and then set viewtype options:
bannerlist = on
depending on your scraper settings turn banner.jpg on/off
the color is "set area color"
(2012-05-26, 02:16)thcnunz Wrote: [ -> ]I am also having this problem on 1.95.4 with Aeon Nox 3.0. I play anything, and then the keyboard and/or the remote is unresponsive. Cant seen anythingi n the logs. Anyone else having this issue too ?

It seems a small amount of users are experiencing this. Its being investigated. I'd advise a rollback to 2.0 till this has been resolved if this bug affects you.
(2012-05-25, 23:17)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-25, 23:04)aTTilaz Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys,

Nice work with 3.0! Couple of questions though. One, how do you enable animated weather widget icons? Had this working in 2.0 but can't seem to find the option to point to my icon folder. Have been able to setup conditional weather wallpapers though.

Two, adding a samba path for multi image backgrounds don't seem to display. The images from the samba share seem to display correctly when still in the 'Main menu item customizer' but once back on the home screen just displays the single default image?

Thanks
Will have a look at that.
(2012-05-25, 23:05)Montellese Wrote: [ -> ]Disclaimer: I admit that I was too lazy to go through the 20 pages of this thread to see if the following issue has already been reported:
When I'm in Movies or Tv Shows library view and I change from "All Videos" to "Unwatched" everything works as expected. But when I switch from "Unwatched" to "Watched" it shows me 0 items and from there on I can switch back to "All Videos" etc I always get 0 items. I can also go back to Home etc it stays at 0 items until I quit XBMC and restart it.
Cant reproduce this on my system. That functionality is just calling a built in control though. Which version of XBMC are you using?

EDIT: I see its a bug on frodo. Thats a XBMC bug then. That is button 10 from MyVideoNav.xml
(2012-05-25, 23:08)Death-Axe Wrote: [ -> ]I know frodo isn't supported, but I would like to bring this to your attention, and maybe find a solution. In nox every video or music addon gets stuck at retreving 0 items. Doesn't get past that, most of the time cancelling ends it fine, sometimes xbmc locks up.

If I switch over to confluence, addons work fine loads content right away. Then switching back to nox, addons now showing content.

Is there some sort of weird script that nox is calling on that confluence doesn't that is causing the addons to break? here is my topic in support about it: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1111882
I'll grab a nightly build and see if I can find anything.
EDIT: not reproducable. Maybe post your skinsettings from your guisettings.xml so I can test with that.

Uploaded to my cloud account: http://minus.com/mbl7aBjVJ
(2012-05-26, 01:25)spartacus51 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-25, 11:00)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-25, 05:03)spartacus51 Wrote: [ -> ]I apologize from the outset because I know I'm complaining about something given to me for free. I hope I can be at least marginally constructive.

I've rolled back to 2.0. My foremost reason is I loved Panel view for TV series list. I didn't like any of the options in 3.0.

One of my biggest complaints about many skins now is the included glaringly ugly "WARNING Mouse not supported please disable" pointer. I understand the mouse is not supported, but with my gyration remote I like to be able to tell where my mouse is from across the room on my multi-monitor setup and it is occasionally useful for using the top bar controls while watching video. I had previously made a replacement custom pointer, but that seems to have been lost in the update. I feel that there is a disconnect in the thought process which assumes that people will know enough to turn auto-update off (a feature I never knew existed) and yet not know enough to see that using their mouse doesn't seem to be working very well. Better said: why idiot proof a totally benign annoyance while doing nothing to prevent what has turned out to be a least a somewhat significant inconvenience to many people?

XBMC may well be my favorite program ever, and Windows may be my least favorite program ever, but at least Windows asks me if I would like to update and warns me that doing so may cause me to lose settings and customizations. In all my experience with IT professionals and the computer savvy one of the biggest pet peeves has always been forced unwanted changes. Might I suggest the implementation of a pop-up that informs of an update, warns against customization losses and then ASKS whether to upgrade.

I truly appreciate all the hard work from everyone involved in this amazing project. I hope any criticisms are taken in a constructive manner and I'll have made some tiny contribution rather than taken for insult and dismissed outright. Constructive criticisms may not always feel great, but when heeded almost always lead to doing better work. Thank you all once again.

1) We just do not support that. Period. IF some want to use it, then they should mod it. we want all those noob users to use remotes / keyboards.
2) people who are afraid of change should disable auto-update
3) you can still rollback and have everything the way it was before. so no customization losses. already explained x times in the thread here.

1) I still consider it a bullshit excuse for adding something ugly annoying and overall ridiculous. Average users that know what they want have to go to the trouble of modding something just because you hate noobs? If noobs can come to the forum and complain about it and apparently ruin your life then they can also come here and be told mouse use isn't supported and then railed at by you for not reading previous threads. I can see no advantage in going to the trouble of making something ugly when something plain and acceptable is actually easier.
2) If you are so afraid of noobs then why would you assume they will know to DISABLE auto-update? Shouldn't it be disabled by default and allow advanced users the option to ENABLE it? Where's the giant ugly red warning label that says auto-update is enabled? Your thought process is totally flawed and you're only trying to justify wrong thinking rather than correcting it.
3) I have rolled back and I'm still looking at this ugly ass red WARNING. Perhaps I should have said mods instead of customizations, Either way, if you read my post and gave it any thought you should have known exactly what I was talking about. If you're under the impression that my replaced mouse cursor wasn't lost after rolling back, then your assumption is wrong. It's definitely gone.

I may appreciate your work, but your attitude is lousy. Honestly I think it probably takes less time to answer most questions over and over and over than it does to be completely unhelpful and say "if you would read the 20 pages before this you would have your answer," over and over and over. Good on you for perpetuating the stereotype of the antisocial basement-dweller. You ought to be so proud of your superiority.

since you do not seem to get it, i´ll explain it in detail:
we do not support mouse because it can lead to unexpected behaviour. you would be able to focus areas which may not have focus at that moment because we didn´t take that into account. (you´d need some skinning basics to get that, but since most people who only rant around do not have any idea what they´re talkin about i´m probably talkin to wood here)
we want to avoid this under all circumstances. that´s why such a mouse cursor is the logical decision for a skin included in official repo.
concerning the update: all your custom stuff would also have been overwritten by a 2.0.1 release. this has nothing to do with 3.0 or the settings reset.
so all your comments concerning that are bullshit, to use your words.
and if you consider the attitude of someone who answers probably more than 30 (in parts very dumb) questions a day without getting payed lousy, then so be it. just ignore me then.

cheers,
your "antisocial basement-dweller"
Big Noid, Phil65 thanks for Aeon Nox 3.0. Everything works great after the upgrade. I went through and updated the settings which was easy.

I do have two questions. I looked for in the forum, but can't find an answer.

Question 1:
Under Movies or TV-Shows I can not access the left-menu to change my viewtype settings. I believe I'm using Showcase2 under Movies and Bannerplex under TV-shows. I used to be able to use the up arrow and toggle left or right (can't remember) to access the viewtype menu. Is there a button I can map to my remote to enable viewtype settings menu? I couldn't find any info under the keyboard.xml wiki.

Question 2:
Is there a way to toggle the Infopanel on or off that displays above the Movie and TV-shows titles? I looked for a button for this as well....

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!
(2012-05-26, 02:16)Rygrath Wrote: [ -> ]

Tri-Panel view
Viewtype option = Bannerlist

Excellent that did the trick thank you.
(2012-05-26, 03:10)mark240 Wrote: [ -> ]Big Noid, Phil65 thanks for Aeon Nox 3.0. Everything works great after the upgrade. I went through and updated the settings which was easy.

I do have two questions. I looked for in the forum, but can't find an answer.

Question 1:
Under Movies or TV-Shows I can not access the left-menu to change my viewtype settings. I believe I'm using Showcase2 under Movies and Bannerplex under TV-shows. I used to be able to use the up arrow and toggle left or right (can't remember) to access the viewtype menu. Is there a button I can map to my remote to enable viewtype settings menu? I couldn't find any info under the keyboard.xml wiki.

Question 2:
Is there a way to toggle the Infopanel on or off that displays above the Movie and TV-shows titles? I looked for a button for this as well....

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

1) you probably turned kiosk mode on. turn it off, that will also answer question 2 then probably. you´ll get a lot of "new" options to play with then in the media menu.
(2012-05-25, 16:40)bigbodiehard Wrote: [ -> ]Love the Quick Nav. Can it be assigned to a keyboard shortcut ?

i don´t know if xbmc supports multiple commands in keymaps. you could try adding

Code:
<key x>Skin.Reset(Nox.viewtypeselect)</key x>
        <key x>ActivateWindow(1121)</key x>

to your keymap file.
if that doesn´t work, we could change the code to make it possible for the next release.